Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW with a child ( quick question ) in the Vacation Planning forums; my wife was asking this, and i said i could get her an answer faster then anyone else! with a child, what is the deal with car seats? are they ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

WDW with a child ( quick question )

my wife was asking this, and i said i could get her an answer faster then anyone else!

with a child, what is the deal with car seats? are they needed on the buses or monorail for a certain age?

what about the plane? do the airlines have one that can be used, if needed?

You do not need a car seat for the monorail or buses. There are no seat belts so it would be impossible to secure to anything.

As far as the airlines go, they do not provide carseats, but you can bring your own. If you choose to bring a carseat you must purchase a seat to put it in. If your child is under 2 (which I believe yours is right?) you can place the child on your lap for no additional cost. I know that there are products that you can purchase to help secure your child to you within the confines of your seat belt.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Ditto to everything Melissa said. If you aren't renting a car or planning on taking a taxi anywhere, you won't need a car seat. If you are taking the free Disney shuttle you won't need a car seat, but if you decide to take a limo service most of the companies provide car seats for free.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Just ask Grumpydude. . . . he knows everything!
    (I know, nobody likes a smart---)
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    Just ask Grumpydude. . . . he knows everything!
    (I know, nobody likes a smart---)
    i did, i got a response involving duct tape and bungee cords.........

i decided to get a second opinion.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    If your child is under 2 (which I believe yours is right?) you can place the child on your lap for no additional cost. I know that there are products that you can purchase to help secure your child to you within the confines of your seat belt.
    You might want to consider that flight attendants refer to lap children as "footballs", as they tend to fly around during turbulence.

Some good travel products are available online at www.onestepahead.com, including a portable car seat. Just be sure to read the fine print, as to what is allowed by the FAA or not.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page