Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What are these people called? in the Vacation Planning forums; I saw these people several times during our last trip. One time this guy kept following me around, it was pretty funny. I just realized. I have no idea what ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

What are these people called?

I saw these people several times during our last trip. One time this guy kept following me around, it was pretty funny.
    I just realized. I have no idea what they are called. Can anyone help? Is there a schedule for their appearances???

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...o=6330&cat=518

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Where are you at? Are you in France at Epcot?

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    That is Italy!! I think they might be called Harlequins but I'm not sure. I'm not basing it on anything. Just a guess...

No I was in Italy in Epcot.
    Yeah that sounds like a good name for them.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    It kind of looks like Clopin from Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Yeah he was pretty crazy! He kept posing me for pictures and if I didn't stand right he would stop and like move me around until I was posed. It was crazy!

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, those are called Harlequins.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    When i read about harlequins in Italy i began to think of the showcase players bc they do an improve theater that has been around since the renaissance and they didnt have much more than a cart and a few props. The main chracters that they use are the girl, the old man, and the harlequin. I dont know if anybody cared but its fun to know. (I was in a theater class and when they started talking about that i went crazy thinking about the ones in Disney)
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Hey that is cool, thanks for sharing!

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Harlequins are great, but I really love the Living Statues!!
    Aimee

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AimeeBelle
    The Harlequins are great, but I really love the Living Statues!!
    The living statutes at the French pavilion are gone, I think.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I remember they were originally in France, but I've seen them in Italy too, but now that you mention it, I haven't seen them recently. I hope they return.
    Aimee

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah they've always been in Italy. I love the World Showcase Players.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The collective name for all of them is "Masquerade." Two friends of mine waaaaaaay back when they first premiered were cast as them. They really enjoyed it!
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The Vine lady was still in AK the last time I was there in Oct. She reminds me of the living statues. I'll have to look for the harlequins. I don't recalling seeing them. No matter how many times you go to WDW, there still are new things to see.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast