Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fear Factor On Rides in the Vacation Planning forums; Which rides would you say were not suitable for a 7 year old. She will be tall enough to ride on everything but I wondered if anyone had took their ...
    rictoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Fear Factor On Rides

Which rides would you say were not suitable for a 7 year old.
    She will be tall enough to ride on everything but I wondered if anyone had took their children on a ride that they wouldn't go on again.Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses not to go on myself.
    One Life,Live It

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I wouldn't take her on Mission:Space. Even I get sick and scared on it. I have no idea why anyone likes it at all. But I don't have kids so I guess I don't know what else would be a bad idea. I was scared of the Haunted Mansion until I was 10 so I can't use my own experience. I'm kind of a wuss.

rictoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    I took her in the Haunted Mansion in Paris when she was 4 and she was fine.Not sure if her bravery has diminished as shes got older.Time will tell.
    One Life,Live It

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Well, I rode everything when I was younger, but my little sister did not actually ride Space Mountain until she was 11. That was last May. Since then, she has also decided that Tower of Terror and Dinosaur are her favorite rides. We had to convince her that Dinosaur was funny, not scary and had her laugh at the dinosaur!

I would say that Mission Space is probably too intense for your little one. I was fine, but my mother and sister felt sick afterwards. I do remember feeling like my brain was scrambled after getting off the ride though...
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    When I took my girls last year my youngest was 6 she 8 now we took her on Mission Space she was okay but say she didn't ever want to go back on it again and we are heading back this December. As far as other rides in the 6-9 age group I would say the Rockin Roller Coster even though I did see a few young kids tht did brave it. I wont let my daughter ride that until she tell me she ready. The TOT my youngest actually like it so that would be okay. But I would suggest let her tell you if she wants to ride that one. As far as the rest of the rides let her just tell you what she think she might like that's what we pretty much did with my DD. Also if she gets in line and decide she doesn't want to ride they do have chicken exit on all rides before you get on. I think at 7 she should be able to tell you what she might like and what she might not. Also I have my kids go Disney online and have them look at all the rides they want to and what they don't want to get on. That should help.If you need more suggestions feel free to ask.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was on Haunted Mansion this summer and some couple had a young child with them (tall enough to meet the height requirements, I suppose) that sat in the Doom Buggy behind us...when we were in the attic scene, I heard the kid screaming her head off...it was kind of funny.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Ive always gone on everything(even if i wasnt really tall enough, i had shoes) but my brother still refuses to go on ToT and hes 19. He doesnt like drops but he will not go on it after his 1st time when he was 9.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    MY BEST FRIEND'S SON IS 7 AND HE WOULD NOT RIDE POC OR SPACE MOUNTAIN.IT TOOK ALOT TO GRT HIM IN THE HAUNTED MANISON ONCE PAST THE BEGINNING HE WAS GOOD.DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO RIDE MISSON SPACE TOO LITTLE EVEN THOUGH TALL ENOUGH.HAVE ALOT OF FUN!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    t all depends on the kid. My niece was 9 when we last went and totally freaked out on Tower of Terror. (I don't think my dad's ghost stories helped).
    I would not take her on Mission Space, but that was my own call as I had ridden it before and I did not think it was appropriate for a kid....the whole premise is kinda frightening....not to mention the spinning.
    But I think you should describe the ride a little and let your kid make the choice. I hate seeing parents DRAG their kids onto rides. They will ride when they are ready and some kids just aren't that daring.
    Good Luck - hope you have lots of fun!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Dinosaur scares the living daylights out of me!!!!! And I am 23!! I think if I was 7 I would be tramatized, but also I am a wuss as well.
    Some kids take things better then even adults do so it really depends on the child. Does she get frightened easily? Of the dark, movies, etc??? I know I was always scared of everything when I was little so that might contribute to me being a complete wuss. Lol.
    Don't get me wrong, Dinosaur was awesome, and I'd do it again, but man was I freaked ou!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    I don't think Mission: Space is the best of ideas for a 7-year-old.

The rest all depends on your child's fears: darkness? loud noises? big drops?
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

SparklinDiamond is offline Annual Passholder
    I would say Rock N Roller Coaster and Mission:SPACE

It really does depend on what sort of rides she likes

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I posted this for a similar ? about a 3-year-old:

When my niece was 3 we went on about everything she was tall enough for. She LOVES Splash and Thunder Mountains. She did not like Dinosaur at AK. Is a big Tower of Terror fan. She wasn't tall enough for Space and Everest until her 4th b-day, but likes those now, too. She does like the little play places also (Pooh, also a mini one under Splash). She doesn't like Snow White b/c it's too dark... but likes Buzz. TTA is a great ride to take little ones on also. What else... oh, she likes to "drive" the cars at Indy Speedway. HM she liked better when she was 3 than now. I guess she knows that it's supposed to be scary now, and didn't realize that before. At EPCOT her favorites are Test Track, SE - the big golf ball, Figment, and any boat ride - Mexico, Norway or the ones that take you from Future World to World Showcase. She's a little too impatient for all the stuff after Nemo (crush, etc.).

To add to that I have a 6yo boy who said Mission:Space was the best ride he's ever been on (was 5 at the time). And this past time (almost 7) he said his new favorites were Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. He also liked Space Mountain but said it was too slow.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Since i am afraid of heights i don't ride EE and TOT.

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We took two of my cousins to Disneyland when they were about 7 or 8 and we have a rule for first-timers we take on vacation: "Ride everything (height allowing) and if you don't like it, don't ride it again. Give everything a chance" This worked well, because they didn't want to get on PoC and then I couldn't get them off, they liked it so much!!! This works well for us, maybe it can work for you too.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast