Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss things to do waiting for Fantasmic! in the Vacation Planning forums; ok I love Fantasmic at MGM--who doesn't? But alas, while some people can wait for 45 minutes to get a good seat, others cannot. So I was wondering--for you people ...
    iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder

things to do waiting for Fantasmic!

ok I love Fantasmic at MGM--who doesn't? But alas, while some people can wait for 45 minutes to get a good seat, others cannot. So I was wondering--for you people with restless kids and or boyfriends (ahem) what do you do to keep them entertained so they dont get restless? My boyfriend loves this show but is also a very impaient person (aka we NEVER can go on a ride without a 10 min wait or under or a fastpass) and he just can't stand sitting around do nothing instead of riding rides. Help!
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Get a Mickey bar and enjoy it!!! That's what we did with our 5 and 3 DD's last time we were there.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    There's this book..... have fun... make new friends....
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks Lou. I forgot to add that to my post. While the kids are busy eating their Mickey bars, My wife (Rebecca) and I were quizzing each other with trivia from this excellent trivia book (we were eating Mickey bars also!!!! ). Maybe you have heard of it...

Last edited by ToddBreakey; 10-15-2005 at 06:14 PM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Hey Todd... that's not a bad idea! Not exactly what I was thinking of, but that sounds fun, too.

OH, and the book I wwas referring to?

Lou Mongello

I tried that one while waiting once and found it to be a little tedious. My daughters (5 & 3) smoked me on the trivia from that book though!!!!
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 10-15-2005 at 07:09 PM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That book is too much of light reading for me. I prefer something along the lines of

Not too many people sit close to you though. Does allow for more leg room when no one sits close.

Yes, but what still troubles me is that it turns out that the gauge transformations of the gauge bosons can be exactly described using a unitary group called a "gauge group". The gauge group of the strong interaction is SU(3), and the gauge group of the electroweak interaction is SU(2)U(1). Therefore, the Standard Model is often referred to as SU(3)SU(2)U(1). The Higgs boson is the only boson in the theory which is not a gauge boson; it has a special status in the theory, and has been the subject of some controversy. I just can't resolve certain principles against the Pauli exclusion principle, which states that no fermions can share the same quantum state. Any comments, or you guys just wanna forget the whole thing and just tell me how much you like my book?
    Lou Mongello

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Yes, but what still troubles me is that it turns out that the gauge transformations of the gauge bosons can be exactly described using a unitary group called a "gauge group". The gauge group of the strong interaction is SU(3), and the gauge group of the electroweak interaction is SU(2)U(1). Therefore, the Standard Model is often referred to as SU(3)SU(2)U(1). The Higgs boson is the only boson in the theory which is not a gauge boson; it has a special status in the theory, and has been the subject of some controversy. I just can't resolve certain principles against the Pauli exclusion principle, which states that no fermions can share the same quantum state. Any comments, or you guys just wanna forget the whole thing and just tell me how much you like my book?
    aaaahhh I really like your book

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like you book. It helped the time fly while waiting for Fantasmic. We had already tried the neurosurgery on the kid in front of us with questionable results so we decided to go with the sure bet.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    impromptu neurosurgery is the cornerstone of any worthwhile trip to Disney

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    impromptu neurosurgery is the cornerstone of any worthwhile trip to Disney

It may be the time of night (morning?), the visuals in my mind's eye or sheer exhaustion, but I'm sitting here, laughing hysterically.

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 10-16-2005 at 04:15 AM.
    Lou Mongello

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    hehehehe

If we can dream it, we can do it

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lou I have already gone through your book 3 times *dork* I do like 5 questions before I go to bed every night!

as much as the quantum physics and or advanced neurology book is a GREAT idea...I think my brain would eplode before the show!
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    Along the same lines, if space is an issue (i.e. you don't want to bring a bag and carry a book all day), try Trivial Pursuit cards. My friend and I each stuck a small stack in our pocket before our last trip and entertained ourselved with mini-quizzes throughout the day whenever standing in a line became a bit too tedious.

Or if you do have a bag, what about a travel game... connect four, scrabble, battleship, those were always sure fire ways to keep my sister and I entertained when we were younger and patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for parades or fireworks.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast