Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss any opinions on any of the tours in the Vacation Planning forums; hi i'm new and need some expert advice i'm planning a trip to the world in january for my birthday and was wondering if anyone here has been on any ...
    figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder

any opinions on any of the tours

hi i'm new and need some expert advice

i'm planning a trip to the world in january for my birthday and was wondering if anyone here has been on any of the tours and can give me opinions or thoughts on them.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I took a Keys to the Kingdom tour and it was AWESOME! Although, thanks to Lou's book, I already knew a lot of the information - we got to go "backstage" and into the utilidoors!!!! Our guide was Cheryl and she was awesome!!! Lots of fun! Be prepared to walk!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I love the Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land pavillion. Don't go if you aren't interested in plants but for gardening nerds like me, it's great. Plus it's something to do while waiting for your Soarin' fastpass. (Disclaimer: I am extremely biased, once upon a time I led this tour and feel the need to promote it.)

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    We had a blast on the Family Magic Tour plus its the only one that allows small kids on. It is a lot of fun be be prepared to be silly.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

I second what Vixen said! The Family Magic tour is a lot of fun!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    What does the Family Magic tour do?

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Isn't there a website about these tours? I'll try to find one.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    hah! look! i found one! lol. hope it works!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ursListingPage

oh and here are the otehr park's tours

EPCOT : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ursListingPage

Animal Kingdom: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ursListingPage

There are currently no tours for MGM that I saw. Sorry!
    Last edited by Minnie_Mouse007; 10-17-2005 at 09:03 PM.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year. I really enjoyed it...I work in operations at both of my jobs, and it's fasciniating to see how the MK ticks. However, it may spoil some of the magic if you haven't been there before.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    What does the Family Magic tour do?
    Snow...here is a link to the thread that I posted upon our return from our June trip when we did the Family Magic Tour. It is a great tour, especially if you have kids!

http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...ily+Magic+Tour

figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder

keys to the kingdom or backstage magic

what exactly do you do on the keys to the kingdom?

anyone been on the backstage magic?

and do you have to be a family to go on the family magic tour? we're a couple of camp counselors who run, jump, skip, sing EVERYWHERE we go. if you're there in january and you see two mohawked girls doing this who aren't on a tour, it's us.

I can only answer your question regarding the Family Magic Tour. No, you absolutely do not have to be a "family" to go on this tour. It is just geared towards people who want to do a tour with their kids. It is a big scavenger hunt through the Magic Kingdom and you will do plenty of skipping, running, jumping and singing!!! It is a lot of fun. My DH who turned 40 while we were there was dreading doing this, but ****ed it up and agreed to do it for our Son's 5th birthday. Well....he ended up having a blast! Where else can you look silly and have so much fun doing it! We will be doing this one again!

webmomom is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been on the Backstage Magic tour twice. It is awesome. You are taken by a bus starting at Epcot. We first went and saw under the American Pavillion and how that works. Next we were taken to The Living Seas.From there we were taken to Central Shops (that is where they build and repair all the things in the parks). We were then taken to costuming and saw how they get they costumes how they are stored and then where they are made. Around lunch time we were taken to MGM and into Mama Melrose's for a wonderful Lunch. From there you are taken to MK and you get to go and see the utiltdoors,. You actually get to see more of them on this tour than You do on the KTTK tour (which I have also taken) You see where the parade floats are stored. the whole time you are on this tour they are telling you facts about Disney. On the bus they have water for you as well as rain gear just in case it rains.

There is alot more you get to see, this is just a short version of what you do. It is well worth the money it costs.
    Last edited by webmomom; 10-19-2005 at 02:00 PM.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Kttk

Keys to the Kingdom is an intensive backstage tour of the Magic Kingdom park. It's a walking tour, lasting from 4 to 5 hours. The tourguide is usually a longtime CM. It's a mix of fact recital, storytelling, and demonstration.

For example, the guide told us about some of the people whose names appear on the windows on the 2nd floor of the Main St. shops, and what they meant to Walt and the Disney Co. He took us "backstage" to see the giant water tank that serves Splash Mountain. He rode with us on Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, telling us the "official" backstories and giving us tips to look for Hidden Mickeys. Lunch was included, and we ate on the 2nd floor of the Columbia Harbor House. At the end, he briefly took us into the Utilidors, the tunnel network that runs benath the MK.

There was a lot more to the tour, lots of facts, figures, and interesting sights, but I don't want to post them here...in fact, I'm worried that I've written too much already!!

It's definitely not a family-type tour, in fact, no one under 16 is allowed to take it.

Bottom line...well worth it if you're even remotely interested in how this amazing place really works. But, I admit, I probably won't look at the MK the same way again, now that I know most of it's "secrets".
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I also recommend the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, but a couple of things to keep in mind . .. They absolutely DON'T allow cameras; they apparently rotate or chage from time to time what you see, as we didn't even go near Splash Mountain, but rode the Jungle Cruise and HM. Also, although interesting, I found the utilidors disappointing. They showed us almost nothing . But the rest of the tour was real fun.
    Aimee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast