Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tours in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone taken the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour ? If so, what did you think of it? Where did you go? Was there anything you were disappointed in? ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tours

Has anyone taken the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour?

If so, what did you think of it? Where did you go? Was there anything you were disappointed in? What did you enjoy the most? Does it go to the monorail roundhouse? [questions asked of me quite often]

Thank you.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mondo1748 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The last question is the biggest one.

mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was on this tour last November and thought it was great! I went with my dad and then met up with my wife and mom on main street afterwards. I'll explain much of the tour, so if you want it to be new to you when you take the tour, STOP READING! We started at the station and learned a bit about the history of the trains (all new to me! ). We then released the first train on it's journey. We learned about start up procedures, hand signals, and general operating procedures. Then we boarded and started a tour that took us around the park. We backed into the train house (can't remember what it was officially called) and saw where they work on the trains. At this point we could also get up in the engine and look around. We could see the monorail roundhouse above us but, no, we didn't get to go in. Got back on the train and off to toontown to see them fill up from the water tower and then blow off steam. Quite impressive. All in all it was a great tour with lots of stories. Our guide (can't remember his name) actually came up with the tour idea, and he was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. No dissappointments. Can't remember anything else off the top of my head, but that'll give you an idea!
    Matt

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks for the info, Matt! I love taking the backstage tours (wonder why, Lou?), and have been thinking about the Trains tour for some time now. I wish it went to monorail roundhouse, though. Thanks for telling us a bit about it... Looks like I may have to do it when I go in September
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Thanks for the review. I might take my grandfather next year when he visits. He loves trains.

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I wish it went to monorail roundhouse, though.
    Well it sort of does. The engines are parked below the monorails.

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    How do I line up these "backstage" tours?
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I believe the number is 407 WDW TOUR