Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Oppening Ceremonys in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know about oppening ceremonys in all 4 parks? More importantly does anyone have any pictures?:mickey:...
    Jonathon Cooke is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Oppening Ceremonys

Does anyone know about oppening ceremonys in all 4 parks? More importantly does anyone have any pictures?:mickey:

Opening ceremonies at the parks....are you speaking of what they do on a daily basis? Or are you talking about when each of the parks first opened for the very first time???

daily basis

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i don't have any pics
    but i enjoy them especially the magic kingdom's opening
    but one memorable experience was when i was waiting for MGM to open and they make everyone do this lights, camera, action thing and it was really funny because the cast member that was there he was telling everyone what to do
    but i didn't think he realized this until after he was done, but his fly was down
    and it was soooo funny it was our joke for the rest of the week
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    We have never seen an opening ceremony, but we have seen - and videoed - the lowering of the flag at MK, which, we enjoyed!!

... On our next trip, we'll just have to get up earlier!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I really want to go to an opening ceromony at MK. It is probably really magical.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I uploaded some pics for you they are in my gallery...here are the links to them

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...1&limit=recent
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...9&limit=recent
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...0&limit=recent
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...8&limit=recent

These are all from the MK....It starts with some dancers and then the train rolls into the station with the Disney gang on it, a short welcome to MK speech and then a breif POOF of streamers and daylight fireworks....very cute and thankfully very short...didnt think I could handle much longer then the 5 minutes or so it lasts that early in the morning...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've always wanted to see the MK one, but I never get to because I get held up at the TTC until like 10 minutes before opening and then you get caught in the monorail/ferry mob scene when they let you through. Although they do do (haha, i said doo-doo) a countdown of their own over there at the TTC. Not as neat as the one at the park though.

I've seen the openings at both EPCOT and AK. It's basically the same thing each place, with characters coming out to wave, cast members coming out to help heard the masses, and a pre-recorded welcome message, music, countdown... etc. The MK one is the one I want most to see, so i guess I'm going to have to go early one day and then make my way to a resort first and then bus in or something. Otherwise I get stuck at the TTC every time.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The one at the Magic Kingdom is better than EPCOT and Animal Kingdom (don't think I've seen MGM's) because it elevated. Much easier to see, and a little more entertaining!!

Someday I want to be the selected family that gets to help open the park.
    Aimee

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    One of the times I saw the opening at EPCOT, the family standing right in front of me got picked for that. I think it was because they said they were going to ride Test Track first, while almost everyone else was gunning for Soarin'. Of course, the selected family at EPCOT opens the park by driving past the entrance in the specially modified Test Track vehicle, so that was probably what got them selected. So get there early, and if one of the CMs says hello or something to you, make sure you drop a hint or two about how you want to run right over and get on test track first thing! Maybe you can get picked that way. I'm not sure how the other parks pick.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Exclamation timings

What’s the best time to arrive at the magic kingdom car park so there is enough time to get to the magic kingdom in time for the opening ceremony?