Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Soarin'! in the Vacation Planning forums; So I went to WDW in October and I'm goin back next week from Friday to Wednesday (cant wait! ) Anyways I rode Soarin' for the first time in October ...
    Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder

Soarin'!

So I went to WDW in October and I'm goin back next week from Friday to Wednesday (cant wait! ) Anyways I rode Soarin' for the first time in October and I have to say that it IS one of the BEST rides in that I have ever been on. It is GENIUS!!! Someone seriously needs to win an award for that! It's GREAT!!! So I was so thrilled with it but I was kind of disappointed that it didn't have a shop or a place to buy souvenirs. I wanted to get a keepsake of the ride since I love it so much. I know there is a pin but I wanted something more. Does anyone know if their is a shop or anything of that nature in the works?
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    horrible ride

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    horrible ride
    Okay Bitter Betty!

You know....I didn't even realilze that they didn't "dump" us into a gift shop as we exited the ride.... There must be somplace at Epcot that you can buy Soarin' items, maybe Mousegears????

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    You know....I didn't even realilze that they didn't "dump" us into a gift shop as we exited the ride

They didn't want to waste their money!!!

They didn't want to waste their money!!!
    I'm sure they would have made more than they would have lost! You are the only person that I have heard say a bad word about Soarin! What's wrong with you???? (That was only hypothetical...I don't expect you to go into the complete diagnosis!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    What's wrong with you????
    Well since you asked....

People who can't ignore irrelevant information might be suffering from mental illness. Or they might highly creative.

The ability to focus on a task means that a person must screen out the millions of task-irrelevant sensations that constantly stream through the brain. People suffering from psychosis fail to do this. So do highly creative individuals, a new study suggests.

"This means that creative individuals remain in contact with the extra information constantly streaming in from the environment," University of Toronto researcher Jordan B. Peterson, PhD, says in a news release. "The normal person classifies an object, then forgets about it -- even though that object is much more complex and interesting than he or she thinks. The creative person is always open to new possibilities."

Poets and Psychotics

Most of us focus by leaning what to ignore and then ignoring it. This ability is called latent inhibition. It can be measured. That's exactly what Peterson and colleagues did in 86 Harvard undergraduates. These 33 men and 53 women also completed surveys that rated them on actual creative achievement.

The researchers found that creative individuals had less latent inhibition than their less creative peers. And those who were most creative -- the "eminent creative achievers" -- were seven times more likely than others to have low scores on the latent inhibition test. These scores were comparable to those seen in people suffering from psychosis.

The difference seems to be intelligence. Given a high IQ, a trait that makes one person mentally ill may take another person to the heights of creative achievement. The most creative students tended not only to have low latent inhibition, but high IQ as well.

"Scientists have wondered for a long time why [mental illness] and creativity seem linked," Harvard researcher Shelley Carson, PhD, says in a news release. "It appears likely that low levels of latent inhibition and exceptional flexibility in thought might predispose to mental illness under some conditions and to creative accomplishment under others."
    Okay.. So that is just not true about me.. I just did a little cut and paste job from a medical web site.... I just wanted you to have to read all through that to find out that I am a totally normal and sane person!!!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Well since you asked....

oh lori
    lol
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    oh lori
    lol

yes Kyle???

Last edited by dzney4lyf; 12-09-2005 at 09:41 AM.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecTronic
    ^^
    whats that supposed to mean??
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    whats that supposed to mean??

I'm not sure either!!! maybe someone does not get my humor??

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, Lori. It is official. You are insane. Soarin is the best Disney ride to arrive in the last decade. It is absolutely wonderful.

Our fight is back on.
    I'm gonna wipe the floor with you.

I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    OK, Lori. It is official. You are insane.

Did you find my paperwork??

and no.. Soarin was a BIG waste of money!!! and a waste of my time to wait in line!!! I'd rather hang in Pooh's playful spot!!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Did you find my paperwork??

and no.. Soarin was a BIG waste of money!!! and a waste of my time to wait in line!!! I'd rather hang in Pooh's playful spot!!!
    Yes, I have your paperwork. The men in the white coats with the padded van will be there any minute now.

And Pooh's playful spot-don't start rippin on my pal Pooh, or I'll have the guys in the white jackets come over with a sedative. And trust me, you want to be awake when they are processing you for the loony bin.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If you "wasted" time standing in line for Soarin' you must be unaware of a little thing known as "Fast Pass?"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast