Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Expedition Everest Storyline! in the Vacation Planning forums; Well Everyone, I have been doing alot of research to the ride of EE and I got it all! I was just wondering if you want to hear it, or ...

Expedition Everest Storyline!

Well Everyone, I have been doing alot of research to the ride of EE and I got it all! I was just wondering if you want to hear it, or if there is another thread about it so I don't make a fool about myself LOL!
    Last edited by disneybuff100; 12-30-2005 at 09:53 PM.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Alright, since no one has said anything, I guess I am not re-stating a previous thread, so...

Now I have gathered this information from a number of EE Cast Members who have ridden the ride and know plenty of it to offer information.

I would first like to start off with an interesting fact. The tallest part of the mountain (the one that points up to 199 ft) is actually not modeled after mount Everest. The mountain is called Forbbidon Mountain, The mountain in which the Yeti protects. Now they do have part of the mountain that resembles everest. You can see it looking straight ahead and too the right of Forbbidon Mountain. It is the one with hardly any snow on top.

Expedition Everest begins with a a story about a tea company. A company named Norvill and (I can't remember his name) are owners of a tea company who had just re-opened a rail road going up into the mountain. In the story, No one really knows why the rail-way was ever closed. Natives knows that it was the yeti. Anyway, you are sent on a tea train to go up in the mountain and collect tea from the nearby valley (The part of the mountain where there is alot of tree's at the bottom is the tea valley if you didn't know already). Now in the queue line, you can hear some of the natives voices, telling you not to go into the mountain. That the Yeti is really mad that the rail-way is opened once again. Well you ignore them and board your train. Now on the train, when you go through the little town, there is a sequence of another set of warnings. Well now that you get to the top, you take a left turn and find that it has been crushed. Then begins your journey backwards. Now through-out the ride, you encounter or at least see the yeti in his normal daily activities, In other words he doesn't notice you at first. But about after one-third of the ride is completed, he finally spots you and gets you a big claw full. Then begins your real chase and high-speed adventure through the mountain, trying to escape the Yeti!

Now there are alot more Facts I have about the Mountain and what not, and if you want to ask, feel free and I will try to answer.
    Last edited by disneybuff100; 12-30-2005 at 10:54 PM.

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ...Great stuff, matey!!

...Keep the facts and stories coming!!

...I just can't wait to go on it next year!! Although you'l probably get on it before we do!!!

PS Great Signature to match!!
    Last edited by trickster; 12-31-2005 at 03:32 AM.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Thanks Dude and I will be sure to bring some cool photos of Yeti at the end of January!

I love Fantasmic!

CampgroundPixie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the info! I can't wait to ride it in January!
    Aimee

Np, I am here to help LOL!

I love Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    Np, I am here to help LOL!

When will you manage to ride EE?... The first day?...
    Rich

Yeah!!!! I will also be there for Grand Opening (Yay!)

I love Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    Yeah!!!! I will also be there for Grand Opening (Yay!)

That's not fair.... I'm so jealous!!!!!

I'm sure you'll let us know all about it!!!!!

PS - Your message box is full!!!!!!!
    Rich

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Oh I just cant wait. Thanks for giving us the basic outlines, now it makes sence.

tw, When is the officialm opening day?
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Buff I will be there this Feb do think I can get on as well and I'm an AP holder.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Well the AP Preview dates are really the only dates you can go (Since you are an AP), but if you have a Disney Visa card, Then you can go in Febuary because they have dates then too. Right now I am not sure when but sometime in early Febuary.

Ghost, The Opening date is still in planning, but it revolves around April 22nd which is Earth Day and AK's Anniversary!

I love Fantasmic!

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    how many cars can they have on the track at a time?
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

There is a minimum of 4. That is like on a normal day and most of the time on crowded days. The max is 5, but it is very hard for them to do that because of the timing. If they ran 5 cars, the passengers would have to load within 45 sec to avoid back- up

I love Fantasmic!

....Every 45 seconds: Now that would be fast!!!!!!!!
    Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast