Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Is Expedition Everest going to make the Animal Kingdom a more popular park?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Will the Animal Kingdom get more People now. in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by 4Mickey If you're looking for a breakfast, may I recommend Donald's Breakfast-a-saurus? I've eaten there many times & every time has been a wonderful experience! It is ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    If you're looking for a breakfast, may I recommend Donald's Breakfast-a-saurus? I've eaten there many times & every time has been a wonderful experience! It is a huge breakfast buffet w/ Donald, Mickey, Goof & Pluto.
    We did the last time we went - to see my friend - Donald!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Have you been to the Tusker House? Man, that place is awesome. I do think they need a little less "traditional park food", like pizza and barbeque....but some people are scared to try something new...
    No I havent' eaten there. I'll have to check it out next time.

To answer the question which started this thread - AK passed MK and Studios in attendance yesterday for the first time ever! EE is already working it's magic.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mikesoccer40 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think that it will bring more people into AK for the short term, much like Mission Space brought more interest to Epcot. But I believe that the long term popularity of AK will only grow slowly. It is a park much like EPCOT, one the is more one of environment and passive experiences than one of participation. I myself like it as does my family and we always spend at least one full day there.
    DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY....BABY!!

A COWARD DIES A THOUSAND DEATHS, BUT THE VALIANT TASTES OF DEATH BUT ONCE

:mickey: LONG LIVE THE MOUSE !!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I think Animal Kingdom will get more people. I love the place.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    EE will definitely attract more attention to AK because it is such a big thrill.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,m sure that EE will bring loads of people into AK for the first year or so.....but to keep up a big attendance I think they will need to put on a new show as well and as good as Tarzan Rocks was.......& that,ll be a hard one to compete with,it was brilliant, why did it have to go .

I do like AK.especially the Safari ride, & Dinosaur,& Festival of the Lion King,plus you,ve got a Rainforest Cafe there which is great

I Belle
    Maggie

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I want AK to get more attendees, just so it doesn't have to feel like it's the little brother of the other parks. At the same time, I think that the nature of the place is such that less crowding isn't such a bad thing.

I think that the people that really spend a lot of time in AK are the type that really know how to relax in Disney World. The sort of people that would enjoy the safari more than almost any other Disney attraction just because it's the wonder of nature.

I know that I may be in the minority on my opinions here, but I really like the idea of AK remaining an oasis of sorts. Continue to expand it, and give us an anchor attraction based on Tarzan sooner than later. More animals, and some more dining options wouldn't hurt either...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

AK attendance

AK has never been my favorite park. I know it is never the most crowded but the narrow walkways make it feel more crowded than it really is. Even on a slow day, we feel that we have fought a huge crowd all morning and usually leave by noon. We have never stayed past lunch time.

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    I don't think it could ever make AK the top of somebody's WDW theme park list but it will sure get them some more people. A ride like that? Who wouldn't want to ride it, right?
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Just a post script here...AK has been breaking attendance records comparing this year to last...and this last year was Easter! GO EVEREST!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

joe
    joe is offline A-Ticket holder
    expedition everest is gonna rock and it will get more people visiting. But the queues will be longer and the fast passes usually run out fast

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    Definitely more people with Expedition Everest there. I think it will even out Disney's park attendence.

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Everest will really bring people in. I must say, it is my favorite WDW ride!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I think it will definately bring in more people.
    But I loved AK to begin with so it doesn't really change my mind.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'd say it definitely is more crowded. I used to go in during the summer at like 4pm when I could, or an hour before it closes to go on the safari, because it always had a 20 minute wait. The past couple times that I went in, it had a 50-60 minute wait all the time. And the line was all the way to the entrance of the waiting area, so I say that it definitely has gotten busy.

It will stay busier in my opinion, since Everest seems to have a long line, but we shall see. Some people love it and some people don't from listening in on conversations in the parks.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast