Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Everest Ride in the Vacation Planning forums; I heard that there's a fat drop on this ride, and I'll admit, I have a weak stomach when it comes to big drops (might explain why I don't do ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Everest Ride

I heard that there's a fat drop on this ride, and I'll admit, I have a weak stomach when it comes to big drops (might explain why I don't do Tower of Terror or Splash Mt.). If anyone has been to Disney World recently or even knows (sorry if this ruins for those you who are new or whatnot), is the drop where you're going forward or backwards (saw it on the DW parade show on TV). I want to go on the ride, but if the big drop is when you're going forward, I'm dead. I just need to know that. Much appreciated!!!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

It's an 80ft drop going forwards, but before that you complete a 40mph helix going backwards.

I wouldn't worry about it, it quickly turns back into the mountain, so it's not that big or steep of a drop.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    It looks fun! I luv Splash, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Test Track & many other rides @ WDW. (Never ridden Space Mountain) can't wait to ride Everest!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Everest is awesome!
    There is one part where it is backward uphill that feels almost like you are upside down
    u have to ride it
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The part that will make you sick is the backwards part because its in the dark and that kinda messes with your eyes. I have a strong stomach and after riding it 5 times in a row, I got sick.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The ride is great! The big drop you are talking about is an 80ft forward drop that reminded me of Splash Mountain. But if you are worrying about your stomach, I would be more concerned with the backwards than with the drop. My 2 cents.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    the drop is not as bad as the 2 left upwards helixes after it, those pull some sweet G's.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    yay! I get to post here cuz I rode it... TWICE! The first time we were in the front - very cool. Nic & I were a little nervous since we didn't know what to expect. Loved seein' all 4 parks at the top of the mountain!Incredible! I believe the 6 of us (summer sun, pinktink, dissylove, garain, jedi & myself) were all completely speechless ! The 2nd time around ... we were in the VERY back! I swear I thought the Yeti was going to take my head off! Can't wait to hit it again!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    ^^^ what she said!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!!!!!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Ok here comes all the questions from the biggest ride wussie ever:

I want to ride this so bad...it looks like the coolest ride ever, but I will not go on Splash Mountain b/c of the drop, and I do not like Space Mountain at all b/c it's in the dark (if I could see, I could handle it, and Big Thunder is the perfect coaster for me...just scary enough to be fun but not too scary. Just to give you an idea of what I like and don't like).

So what is with this "backwards helix"? since I never ride big roller coasters someone has to explain this to me. I want to know if this ride is something I can handle! ARg I'm so tired of Disney making really cool themed rides like ToT that I can't ride b/c I'm a weiner. (Not only that but I have back problems, and a very very weak stomach!)

So please, can someone tell me in detail exactly how "scary" it is...like how dark, how many drops, how BIG the drops are, how fast, what the backwards helix deal is, do you go upside down, how long the ride is, etc? you can PM me if you don't want to ruin it for people that want to be surprised!

I know I will probably be sending my fiance on this one first to tell me if I can handle it, but knowing him, he will tell me "it's not that bad" and then it will be, and I'll end up hitting him. I don't want that to happen, I'm no man-beater! LOL.

Thanks in advance to the CPTRE!*
    ~Mia~

*Cool People That Rode Everest

Miakoda,
    Everest is awesome! if you can ride Big thunder, I think you'll be okay on everest. Everest is pretty much BTM on steroids, theoretically speaking. There is one big forwards drop supposedly 80 feet. You do go backwards but it is pretty much all in the dark. there are two tight helixes that you go through going forward though.

I hope you go on it.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Also Miakoda,
    It doesn't go upside down.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

iamtheprincess is offline A-Ticket holder
    Check out the ride video. Sure you won't have any suprises if you do go on, but at least you'll know what to expect.
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/download/
    (Just search "everest" when u get there and the videos will come up)

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I LOVED EVEREST!!! We all had a great time on it, and the drops didn't seem so bad... (maybe because I was so excited about it that I didn't realize?)