Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss "Paying it forward... with Fastpass" in the Vacation Planning forums; This is a great idea! Since we are the kind of people to leave in the middle of the day for a nap/dip in the pool, we can do it ...
    finchsw17 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is a great idea! Since we are the kind of people to leave in the middle of the day for a nap/dip in the pool, we can do it mid-day plus at the end of our day (small kids really complicate going to Disney).
    Visits to "The World"
    1971 - Oct 1979 - Jul 1983 - Jun 1992 - Aug 1993 - Sept 1996 - Jul 2000 - Feb 2003 - Apr 2004 - Sep 2006 - Dec 2008

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    That is such a kind idea.....very 'Disney!'
    Last year I got some free child tickets for our local theme park through school. I went with bf and his 3 kids, but we had a spare ticket. I gave it to the woman in the queue in front of me and she was so pleased! We kept seeing her round the park all day and she kept saying thanks!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Such a great idea... I have done it once or twice because I decided to leave the park early for one reason or another and had a fast pass that I wan't going to use but to actualy do it on purpose ...just WOW !!! I promise to do it next time I'm in WDW

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I'm not really sure if this tradition isn't carried on over on the west coast, but we wound up doing this on multiple occassions in Disneyland on our July trip. We booked with AAA, so we had the "Enhanced" Fastpass option, in which you can get a Fastpass for every attraction that has it at one time; you don't have to wait for the time window in order to get the next one. Needless to say, we wound up with tons of Fastpasses that we weren't able to use, so we passed them on to a number of people. Each time we did, the people always looked at us like this was some amazing idea that no one had ever thought of, other people looked at us suspiciously as if we were giving them fake passes, and still other just didn't understand what we were trying to do. We were certainly happy to give out Fastpasses to people, but there doesn't seem to be the same trend for Paying it Forward out at Disneyland and California Adventure.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for that wonderful idea....we're going to WDW in September, and we will be sure to do this. Our trip is without the kids, so we will be doing alot of park hopping!

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    This is just another reason why Disney is so magical.... the fans themselves are magical people. I really don't think, in any other fandom, that you see such kindness and generosity and just plain thoughtfulness...
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

bingo123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wish I could... but I tried and no one would take them... Me being a teen and all... They thought I was trying to trick them... Hey! I don't like doing that kind of stuff!

DisneyFreak33 is offline A-Ticket holder
    that sounds really cool, i guess theyre giving away passes now, i hope you guys win one!!!have you seen any contest stuff???i heard someone is going to win soon????!!!!!

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We thought it was great until we tried to give ours to a family near Splash Mountain and they looked at my wife as if she was pushing crack. Sometimes you cannot please everyone
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
    We thought it was great until we tried to give ours to a family near Splash Mountain and they looked at my wife as if she was pushing crack. Sometimes you cannot please everyone
    AHAHAHAHAHA That made me laugh pretty hard.

The other day a guy tried to hand my BF and I a type of fast pass that you can get when a ride breaks down, but he only had one. We asked a CM at Space Mountain and he got us another no problem! Another time, a guy tried to give us fast passes that had well expired, but that was very generous of him anyway. I love Disney People.
    Tina

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHA That made me laugh pretty hard.

The other day a guy tried to hand my BF and I a type of fast pass that you can get when a ride breaks down, but he only had one. We asked a CM at Space Mountain and he got us another no problem! Another time, a guy tried to give us fast passes that had well expired, but that was very generous of him anyway. I love Disney People.
    I have given out Fastpasses that have been "expired" often, although I'm not really sure what you mean. As long as the Fastpass is from the same day as when you are in the park, the CM's should accept it at the attraction, even after the time slot has already passed.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Spread the joy! That's our motto. We love to do this when we visit Disney and our efforts have been rewarded on those trips but not just in disney parks. In Old Town we were playing in the games arcade and a man just walked over and gave my kids hundreds of tickets and left without a word! On a previous holiday in Las Vegas a young couple as they were leaving the Circus Circus arcade gave my daughter a stuffed animal toy and my son a few quarters. Do unto others...

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Accually, i was walking toward tommorrowland last time i was at disney, and this guy walked up to me and gave me like 30 fast pass tickets for any ride, i was like wow, me and my brother rode space mountain like 12 times, we had about 12 left over and gave them to a family, they were excited, so thats was really cool

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    great idea... that was also a really good movie
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    What a wonderful way to share the magic. I will try to remember this on turkey day when we go back!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast