Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss "Paying it forward... with Fastpass" in the Vacation Planning forums; We had someone do this for us our very first ride on our last trip! We had reservations for Le Cellier and we wanted to go on Soarin but the ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    We had someone do this for us our very first ride on our last trip! We had reservations for Le Cellier and we wanted to go on Soarin but the line was too long. We turned around to go and these two adorable men gave us their fastpasses.

So we did that for a couple from the UK when we were leaving AK. We gave them Everest fastpasses, and they were so excited!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    We gave Fast Passes away for Everast on our last trip in September. We got to Ak for teh rope drop, then went right to EE. AS soon as we got in line, I jumed out nd got 2 FP, so we could ride it again as soon as we go off. But after our first ride the line was still so short, and our retun time wasnt for another 35 mins., that we just got in the regualr line. Anyway, after the second ride we were headed to the Lion King, and saw a youg couple headed toward EE. WE gave them our FP's and they were so greatfull, it was great.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Someone did that to me and my son on our first trip down in Janurary it was for BTMRR and the wait was for 70 mins and we get on in about 15
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Kaz484 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

this is a great idea!!! im sure somewhere walt is smiling on you

Quintessence is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When you walk towards Splash, see that the wait is 40+, then see the fastpasses are all gone for the day, it is very cool to be handed fastpasses by someone. Its made my day more than once.
    "Is that my voice? Is that my voice?!"

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz484 View Post
    this is a great idea!!! im sure somewhere walt is smiling on you

Awww Thanks!

You made my day.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Once someone gave me a Fastpass for Splash Mountain twice in one day.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've done this before when I had a fastpass that I decided after the fact not to use. But while it feels good, and the recipient is no doubt happy to receive fastpasses out of the blue, I would still not recommend doing it on purpose, because I'd feel like I was cheating someone who arrived before the beneficiary of something that frankly was rightfully theirs.

You have no way of knowing who it is that is losing out because you've taken their fastpass and given it to someone else. It may have been someone every bit as deserving as the person you're giving your FP to.

robwhite is offline A-Ticket holder
    this is a great idea.
    ~Rob~
    July 2007- All Star Music
    February 2006- All Star Music
    February 2005- Polynesian
    February 2003- Wilderness Lodge
    February 2001- Polynesian
    (All the way back to 1971)

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    MB, this made me smile. We have JUST finished watching "Pay It Forward" in Student Council and now we have R.O.A.K.(Random Acts Of Kindness). This is a GREAT way to be a R.O.A.K. It makes people smile, and that is what Walt wanted to make people do. Feel like they are important and MOST importantly, to smile. Because we ALL know a smile REALLY does brighten your day! Thanks MB for being a R.O.A.K. The world needs more people like you and your family.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    A friend of mine was in the parks this week, and the line for Space Mountain about almost 2 hours. Just as they were about to leave, two men came out of the attraction and gave my friend and her friend two Fast Passes. They were so excited and it was the most memorable part of their entire trip!

This just shows that spreading the love with Fast Passes really does work. Pay It Forward!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    This happened to me once agian last friday. My brother, his girlfriend and I were waiting in line for rockin rollercoaster. It was her first time so we HAD to ride it. We are waiting out side. (had been waiting for about 30min) Then this woman is walking in the fastpass line. She said, how many are in your party. We said 3. She says want to get on the ride faster. We said of course. So she said come with me, we walked right to the front of the fastpass line. (which was right where you go into the movie room.) She flashed this weird red fastpass at the guy. and we were in.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    I've done this before when I had a fastpass that I decided after the fact not to use. But while it feels good, and the recipient is no doubt happy to receive fastpasses out of the blue, I would still not recommend doing it on purpose, because I'd feel like I was cheating someone who arrived before the beneficiary of something that frankly was rightfully theirs.

You have no way of knowing who it is that is losing out because you've taken their fastpass and given it to someone else. It may have been someone every bit as deserving as the person you're giving your FP to.
    Accually you wouldn't be cheating anyone out of anything. Only yourself. If you give away a fastpass, the person behind you has the same wait. Wether its you or someone else.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    My husband had a great idea that I think you might all like.

For the past few years, ever since Disney started the fastpass system, when we are ready to leave the park for that day, we get fastpasses for one of the hard to get onto attractions.

As we are exiting, we give the fastpasses away to a family on thier way into the park at that time.

It is fun to share the magic of Disney by giving these tickets away to someone for them to enjoy. The reactions we have experienced are wonderfully rewarding.

In MK we like to get Peter Pan's Flight ( always a long line) and give them to a family with young children.

At Disney MGM Studios, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror are our choices.

Epcot attractions we have done are Test Track and Soarin' .

In DAK we usually get Kilimanjaro Safari but I imagine Everest would be even better.

So... My challange to you all is to begin "Paying it Forward.. with Fastpass" yourselves. I am sure you all will find it as rewarding as we do.

Spread some Pixie Dust "Pay it Forward.. with Fastpass"

Have fun!

My wife and had FP's for Soarin' but we decided to leave EPCOT befor our "reservation". I had the idea to pay it forward and give them away. You would have thought we had the plague, we couldn't find anyone who would take them. People gave us strange looks and some ignored me! felt like a scammer on the streets of Vegas trying to cheat tourists, lol.And I have a normal appearance, i left my biker attire at home. My wife just put them away for her scrapbook. The only thing I can think of was that Soarin was new, so maybe people didnt know what it was...
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

TiNkErBeLL87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We had this happen to us last trip, we were standing on main street talking about wanting to go ride splash mountain, and all of a sudden 2 girls handed us 4 splash mountain fastpasses, that definitly made our trip. We were also giving our Tower of Terror fast passes away because we had to leave and while my dad was giving them away a little boy tried giving us his, I felt so bad because his family was video taping the entire thing!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast