Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss "Paying it forward... with Fastpass" in the Vacation Planning forums; love it!!!!...
    DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: "Paying it forward... with Fastpass"

love it!!!!
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

imakatefan is offline A-Ticket holder

We did this a few trips ago. My family got passes for Everst I think the first year it was open, but we weren't planning on staying in the park all day. When we decided to hop over to DHS, we found a family of a mom and two teens, i think. we explained our predicament and let them take the passes off our hands, they seemed to be really excited about it!

kellyeti is offline A-Ticket holder

We've also done this, as we usually send my mainly non-rider mother to get fastpasses for a ride while we line up for another. We often end up with 2 spare if we FP all our park tickets. I usually scope out the end of the standby line, for a party of 2 usually, for the attraction and pass them on there...its a small gesture that costs nothing at all but might just make someones day!

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

that is so sweet MickeyBabe!!!! Great way to make the day magical!!

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

We've done that ~ it's a great feeling. We were in the stand-by line of Toy Story @ Hollywood Studios and met a single mom with her young son. It was their first time at Disney World and they were both very excited. Before we went our separate ways, we gave them our fast passes which were for later in the day. The look on the little boy's face was priceless.

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: "Paying it forward... with Fastpass"

We always try to hand off fastpasses we're not going to use. We've even been know to get a fastpass we know we won't be able to use, and then pass it on later to someone closer to the return time. It's really cool to spot someone at the kiosk and hand them a fastpass good at that time or very near.

I've had fast passes handed to me at Soarin' when the fast passes were all out and the standby time was like 80 minutes. What a wonderful feeling.

Although, I once had a single fastpass for Expedition Everest that I couldn't find a taker for since it was just a single fastpass. But we tried. We tried at the kiosk, we tried all the way up and down the queue, we tried out in the walkway.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by marker View Post
    We always try to hand off fastpasses we're not going to use. We've even been know to get a fastpass we know we won't be able to use, and then pass it on later to someone closer to the return time. It's really cool to spot someone at the kiosk and hand them a fastpass good at that time or very near.

I've had fast passes handed to me at Soarin' when the fast passes were all out and the standby time was like 80 minutes. What a wonderful feeling.

Although, I once had a single fastpass for Expedition Everest that I couldn't find a taker for since it was just a single fastpass. But we tried. We tried at the kiosk, we tried all the way up and down the queue, we tried out in the walkway.
    Hey marker,
    What you said about giving away fast passes,is great.I've done the same thing.But you also said that you get some sometimes and just give them away.I think that is fine too,cause sometimes we think we will go back and use them,but then we don't,so giving them away is fine.But go back,way back,in this thread and read what some of the idiots have said about us giving away fast passes.Some people just want to start trouble out of anything.if you read my previous posts,you'll read where I gave those idiots a piece of my mind.I think it is fine to give away fast passes,if you are not going to use them.But some people are so stupid,they try to analyze the good deed,they try to make the fast pass giver into a bad person,and they believe that doing a good deed to be nice to someone is totally a bad thing.But anyway marker,read the long list of previous posts and you'll read some that I have mentioned.
    It's a sad,sad world that we live in these days,when doing something nice for others,strangers at that,gets critasized,bad-mouthed,and made out to be the one at fault for doing the good deed.Just read the posts and you'll find out what I'm talking about.
    Park Hopper Dad!

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: "Paying it forward... with Fastpass"

Haha I love to see familys get so excited in the parks. So my family and I made it till 2 in the morning at M K. As everybody knows is that no matter what time of day it is petter pans's flight is always like an hour wait. My family and I have not been on this atraction in a long time. So we got a Fastpass, but we were way too tired so we gave our Fastpass to a family. And they were very excited.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Once i get my passes, i almost always use them by the end of the day. Remember, you can use a fast pass ANYTIME after the return window opens, they dont "expire" as some may think, untill the end of that day. You DONT HAVE to use them by the end of the return window.
    Sometimes i give unused ones out and sometimes i just lay them down somewhere.
    Bottom line....they are mine, i'll use them as i want to.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    Once i get my passes, i almost always use them by the end of the day. Remember, you can use a fast pass ANYTIME after the return window opens, they dont "expire" as some may think, untill the end of that day. You DONT HAVE to use them by the end of the return window.
    Sometimes i give unused ones out and sometimes i just lay them down somewhere.
    Bottom line....they are mine, i'll use them as i want to.
    Well said Edwardsfire.The fast passes are ours to do with as we wish.So to all of you idiots out there that have posted earlier in this thread,bashing those of us that like to do something nice for others with our unused fast passes, all yall are doing is trying to stir up trouble where none is.
    So SHUT UP!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Can this thread be put to rest now? Iam posting this on nov 14,2009,and I,yes, I ,was the last one to post on this thread way back in Sept,09.This thread has far out-lived its welcome.May it R.I.P.
    Park Hopper Dad!

disneymystic is offline C-Ticket Holder

I do the same thing all the time. Last time it was for Big thunder Mountain. I also give random kids pins.

WISH LIST
    Stayed in Bay Lake Tower: Check
    Seen the Cinderella Suite: Check
    Propose at Disney World: Check
    Married At Disney World: Pending (eventually)
    Worked at Disney World: Double Check
    Travel to Other Disney Parks: Tokyo Check
    Victoria And Albert's Chef Table: Waiting
    Become A Part of WDW Radio Forums: DONE

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow! What a great idea. I'm going to pass this one along on The Practical Mom's Disney Vacation Companion Facebook. Thanks.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think it's a great idea! We actually just watched the Pay it Forward movie at school and I never thought of applying it to Disney. It's great to do this for people because we've already done this and it's just awesome!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder

Hmmm, okay I read page one, and then jumped to the end of this thread to post...so I don't know if its a dead thread or not...but had to add, that I am a veteran of 'working' the parks to my own benefit. I have indeed passed off FPs when the evening has grown long and I'm ready to leave. BUT I just go home from WDW last night, and yesterday I was the recipient of a fast pass hand off. My family (3) we were standing by the times board, trying to figure out what to do to kill time while waiting for our RockNRoller coaster time to roll around and we were approached by a lady who had 3 fast passes to Toy Story Mania she wasn't going to use...I gotta tell ya - it DOES feel good to be on that end of a bonus fast pass. We had just enough time to hit our two rides before heading back to the airport to end our trip. Nice. (Also ran smack into Lou Mongello at the Studios on this day)
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast