Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
WDW Theme Parks Discuss "Paying it forward... with Fastpass" in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband had a great idea that I think you might all like. For the past few years, ever since Disney started the fastpass system, when we are ready to ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

"Paying it forward... with Fastpass"

My husband had a great idea that I think you might all like.

For the past few years, ever since Disney started the fastpass system, when we are ready to leave the park for that day, we get fastpasses for one of the hard to get onto attractions.

As we are exiting, we give the fastpasses away to a family on thier way into the park at that time.

It is fun to share the magic of Disney by giving these tickets away to someone for them to enjoy. The reactions we have experienced are wonderfully rewarding.

In MK we like to get Peter Pan's Flight ( always a long line) and give them to a family with young children.

At Disney MGM Studios, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror are our choices.

Epcot attractions we have done are Test Track and Soarin' .

In DAK we usually get Kilimanjaro Safari but I imagine Everest would be even better.

So... My challange to you all is to begin "Paying it Forward.. with Fastpass" yourselves. I am sure you all will find it as rewarding as we do.

Spread some Pixie Dust "Pay it Forward.. with Fastpass"

Have fun!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    MB, that is a great idea. That is truly a magical moment

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's such a neat idea.

Karamie

We have always done this too MBabe....just never thought anything of it! We don't just do it when we are leaving the park though....if we are leaving a section of the park that we won't be back to during that day we will grab a FP and hand it off later to someone. Especially if it's a ride like Splash Mountain where on a busy day the return time may be 4 or 5 hours later in the day. You are right, the reactions you get are very rewarding!!! What a wonderful thread idea!!!!!!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Small efforts of kindness often bring the biggest rewards. The world would be a better place if it was run by Disney people! I believe we have a 'culture of kindenss' that (hopefully) we keep with us year round.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.

KatieLuvsMickey is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This is such a wonderful thing to do. It is definately something I want to do this summer. Thankyou for showing a way to be kind to strangers that very well may pass that kindness on.

Katie
    i luv Tink!

Tampa is offline No longer in service

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    We just got back from a long weekend at WDW, watching DD march down Main Street USA with her band.

We were in the parks late every night (leaving after all FP machines were out of tickets) but, the day we were leaving we passed on a pair of Space Mountian FPs to a couple on thier way into the park. They smiled, thanked us bunches and we were on our way.

Again, sharing the magic is always nice.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I love it! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Great idea, MB!!!

(you should also tell them to visit DWT.com when you give them to 'em!!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have done this before but one time, we had some Space Mountain Fastpasses, but we had to leave, so what I did was put the FPs in the FP machine where your fastpass would come out. Then watched as someone discovers that they got an extra fastpass. The feeling that you just made someone very happy is such an amazing feeling.
    -Tommy-

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That has happened to me! I went to Epcot the day I was leaving to come home and the line for Test Track was way too long, so I grab a fast pass which would get me out of there just in time to leave. After I got my pass, this guy walks up to me and says "Here". He hands me a fast pass for Test Track for that exact time. I was thrilled! That guy made my vacation. I have to do a Pay it foward when I go down in May! Great idea!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wmxxmsg
    That has happened to me! I went to Epcot the day I was leaving to come home and the line for Test Track was way too long, so I grab a fast pass which would get me out of there just in time to leave. After I got my pass, this guy walks up to me and says "Here". He hands me a fast pass for Test Track for that exact time. I was thrilled! That guy made my vacation. I have to do a Pay it foward when I go down in May! Great idea!!
    hey the same thing happend to me! i was going to animal kingdom and i out of my mind because i was going to go on the new rollar coaster expedition everest!!! so when i walked up i looked at the wait time, 120 MINUETS!!!!! i was thinking man!!! i was so mad!!! then some guy came up and said do you want two fastpasses? and i almost screamed HECK YEA!!! so my dad and i went on! and we lived happily ever after.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    This is such a good idea to make people happy!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I would have never thought of it!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast