Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Chicken Family in the Vacation Planning forums; The wife and I are taking our 2 kids (6 & 10) to WDW for a first time ever trip for any of us - 8 days. Both my wife ...
    HVACMD is offline A-Ticket holder

The Chicken Family

The wife and I are taking our 2 kids (6 & 10) to WDW for a first time ever trip for any of us - 8 days. Both my wife and I are wimps when it comes to rides with big drops. I don't mind quick turns and speed, it's just that "left my stomach on top" feeling I hate. So, what does that leave us with for rides? Besides the baby rides that is. Friends are saying we have to go on Tower of Terror. Maybe I'll work up the nerve by then.

10 days and counting !

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi Chicken Family: It's perfectly fine. I can help a bit because my 8 year old son is terrified of most everything. My recommendations are avoid Tower of Terror at MGM studios(if you don't like drops, this is NOT the ride for you!) and Rockin Roller Coastet at MGM as well...and avoid Splace Mountain because of the big drop, and Space Mountian as well...

Here are winners in my book-if my son can handle it, I think you will be fine. If you don't mind spins, do the Mad Tea Party, all the rides in Fantasyland (pooh, peter pan, etc..all good ) you can do everything else I think in Tomorrowland and Frontierland except what I mentioned above, and you are set there for hte Magic Kingdom.

At Epcot: I recommend avoiding Mission: Space (simulated ride, but can cause motion sickness, and for your sake, just say no) and if you don't like going really fast, skip Test Track.

DO Soarin in the Land pavillion-it is simulated flying ride, but no drops or anything-it is awesome, me 8 and 5 year old love it, and I am sure you all will as well.
    I really think you can do all the rest except probably Expedition Everest in the Animal Kingdom. If you are not sure, as an attendent at the front of each ride-they will be honest with you if you tell them your concerns...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    only thing i have to add is the Mad Tea Party, take it easy on the spinning.

our last trip, i had that thing hurling around and the wife started turning green.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    and Rockin Roller Coastet at MGM as well...and avoid Splace Mountain because of the big drop
    Someone has been hanging out with Jerrame too much...

Chicken family - there are plenty of rides to ride without the drop of the stomach feeling. My whole family would not ride ToT with me for that very reason.....Most of the coasters are not that extreme, they do have drops, but not KILLER ones. Now, I haven't experienced EE yet....so we will see on that one.
    Mission Space, yeah, that one left me a little dizzy and do watch how fast you spin those tea cups...
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!