Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Favorite World Showcase Pavilion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Favorite World Showcase Pavilion in the Vacation Planning forums; What is your favorite pavilion in World Showcase... and why? (no pressure)...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Favorite World Showcase Pavilion

What is your favorite pavilion in World Showcase... and why?

(no pressure)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Of course i love the United States pavilion, but Norway has the Maelstrom, And also Canda has Le Celier which is my favorite place to eat

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    crikey, being a scotsman it has to be germany as the BEER and food is fantastic and they're big on soccer too!!!my little boy Matthew runs "around and round"-------his exact words--- to the musikanten while we tape him on the camcorder and it makes for a pure gold disney moment.....you just can't get that anywhere else no matter where we've been:mickey:
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    canada because we are so close to that great country living in buffalo

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    "Mi amigo, pay attention... it's 'chotime"

Mi gusta Mexico... I actually like El Rio del Tiempo, the atmospehere, the music, the food... the Cantina at night during Illuminations....
    Lou Mongello

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Your right Mexico is a great place to watch Illuminations

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Gotta go with the American pavillion!

They have GREAT apple pie ala mode and if you time it right you can watch illuminations from the first bench to the left of the stage. This is an awesome place to watch the show since some of the fireworks (the white comet looking things that shoot from the edge of the lagoon towards the middle) launch from about 10 feet in front of you.

"You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i love Italy. i think it is the most visually beautiful pavilion there. the music, food and architecture are amazing. wish they had a movie or ride, though

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Germany....close thing I got to remembering where I lived as a baby.

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've never been one to get all caught up in "heritage". I was born in America, I've lived all my life in America, I'm an American. BUT...on my second visit to the World, my wife and son decided to take a little nap at the resort, so I went to Epcot to pick up a bottle of wine at "my" wine shop (at the time, it was still the Schmitt winery). Now...seein' as how my last name IS Schmitt...and my heritage IS German...that trip, by myself, to the German pavilion, nearly brought me to my knees. I was going through the shop with the cuckoo clocks, and that took me back to my childhood. My paternal grandparents had a cuckoo clock in every room of their house. I was, once again, that five-year-old kid listening to those clocks, and hearing grandpa tell me about how they came from Germany with HIS family. I finally got it. It was an incredible...emotional...rush for me. I had to sit...just sit...and for just that minute, when I was deep in the German pavilion, I really was there... No matter how many Octoberfests I attend, or how many German festivals I go to...NOTHING makes me aware of my German heritage like being in that pavilion. That's why it's my favorite.

Have to say how much I love the architecture in Italy, and the true bazaar-like atmosphere of Morocco
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    we go to all of them but we seem to spend the most time in Japan - the boys love sushi and then I love shopping in the Japanese store - there's cool anime stuff there and we got Dragonball Z stuff there we couldn't find anywhere else. Like all the other pavilions there's plenty to explore if you're interested.......

DarthTortoise is offline A-Ticket holder
    My favorite is UK, simply for the pub! The pub is a great place to hang out with friends.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    oooh...it may be easier to ask me which one of my children were my favorite.**

Let's see...off the top of my head...

Italy
    I like the cast members in Italy. They allow me to feel attached to my family's roots. They are very friendly, will answer any questions I have on Italy, and even help me with my pathetic grasp of the Italian language. I love stopping by here just to interact with the Italians!

Japan
    Okay, I like the stores. Great shopping. Every time I visit this pavillion, my interest is renewed in wanting to go to the real Japan. There is just so much cool stuff to buy here!

Morocco
    Love this restaurant! I love the design of the entire pavillion. Excellent all around, great bazaar design.

** i have no children
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

4Mickey is offline &quot;But why is the Rum gone?&quot;
    I love Italy!
    I enjoy walking around that area so much! The living statues are always entertaining! Maybe I just really want to visit Italy & this is as close as I will be for a while!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast