Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Eating at Epcot in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, hope u can help When i visit WDW in July i want to try eating in all the countries in World Showcase. I know each county has sit down ...
    _Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Eating at Epcot

Hi, hope u can help

When i visit WDW in July i want to try eating in all the countries in World Showcase.

I know each county has sit down restraunts and counter service ( i think thats what you call it) for snacks, pastries etc.

Im looking for tips and ideas on which country would be good for a sit down lunch and a sit down dinner. Also, whats the best snacks to have in the other countries? I might need to do this over a couple of days as its a whole load of eating ! !

I cant believe i have never done this on my last visits but its something we def want to try this time.

I look forward to hearing form you all.

Tink
    x

PS.... should i wear elasticated shorts lol
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Le Cellier in Canada is awesome for lunch or dinner, Coral Reef is excellent as well. And you can't miss Rose and Crown which also has a fast service stand outside.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I love getting the fish and chips at the stand in the UK.

The chocolate moose in France is to die for.
    And you just can't be a pretzel in germany!
    And don't forget to get a rainbow margarita in mexico!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

EPCOT Dining and Comments

Here is the list of all dining at EPCOT, starting with Future World and then going clockwise around the World Showcase, and a quick bit of information and my rating.
    QS=Quick Service
    SD=Sit Down
    Rating=1(lowest) --- 5(highest)
    Future World:
    Coral Reef (SD) - At the Living Seas. Seafood "under the sea" really cool setting and good food. Better for dinner. 4
    Garden Grill (SD) - Character Dining. Reservations recommended.This restaurant serves American Family Style. This is NOT a buffet but family style at the table. The food is pretty good. Lunch or Dinner. 4
    Electric Umbrella (QS) - At Innoventions East. American. Really good when you just need something to hold you over between meals. Lunch. 3
    Fountain View Bakery (QS) - At Innoventions West. Pastries. Good for a snack. 2
    Sunshine Seasons (QS) - At the Land. Asain, Sandwiches, Soup and Salad, Grill. This place is new. Has different stations to choose from. Good place to eat while waiting for Soarin' Fastpasses. Lunch. 4
    World Showcase:
    Mexico -
    San Angel Inn (SD) - Authentic Mexican Food. Very good. Neat setting looking over the dusk forests of Mexico with a volcano. A fresh flavor with spice and Disney's Famous margaritias. Dinner. 3
    Cantina de San Angel (QS) - Good for a taco or something to those sorts. The couple times I have been there the show is a little sloppy and somewha of a mess, but the food is good. I would say don't go out of the way for lunch here. 1
    Norway -
    Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Character Dining (Princess'). I have not experienced personally, but have heard that the food is great. Reservations HIGHLY recommended and a Credit Card is need to book and there is a $10 per person charge for canceling within 48 hours. Breakfast is American, Lunch and Dinner is Norwiegian. Breakfast is normally the first to be booked followed by dinner and then lunch. If you have little princess' or are one at heart this is for you. 5
    Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (QS) - Norwiegian Pastries. Let me just say that you should stop here and get a snack. Cookies are good. You will endind up falling in love with the pastries. Snack. 4

China -
    Nine Dragons (SD) - The simple and ornate are contrasted in Oriental grandeur. This ornate and palatial dining room features the very best of traditional and updated cuisine from the various regions of China - Mandarin, Cantonese, Hunan, Szechwan, and Kiangche. The food is good. Fairly large variety. Dinner. 3
    Lotus Blossom Cafe (QS) - Very similar to a taki-outi in your hometown. The eggrolls and tea are very good though. Good place to choose to hold you over between meals. 3

Germany -
    Biergarten (SD) - Oktoberfest Festival. Fun, food, and entertainment. German Buffet including German Sausages, saurkraut, and apple strudel. This is a great experience, a lot of fun. Lunch or Dinner, would suggest Dinner. 4
    Sommerfest (QS) - Good food for quick service. Good place for a bite as you are on your way to an attraction or show. Highly suggest the brat with ketchup and onion. Snack. 4
    Italy -
    L'Originale Alfredo di Roma (SD) - AMAZING. Have been here twice. This location is one of three - Rome, Italy; New York City, New York; Walt Disney World Resort. The Fettuccini Al 'Alfredo is phenominal. Reservations are strongly suggested. Dinner. 5
    The American Adventure -
    Liberty Inn (QS) - American Fare. Somewhat of a combination of Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill's in the Magic Kingdom. Very good for a bite to eat before The American Adventure show. Snack or Lunch. 4

Japan -
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki (SD) - A Habachi Grill style restaurant. They cook in front of you. Have been here the most of all the restaurants at EPCOT. Great place for dinner. The terriaki filet mignon and chicken along with the miso soup, ginger salad, and dessert is...wow. Dinner. 5
    Tempura Kiku (SD) - In the front side of Mitsukoshi's. Tempura restaurant with tempura everything. Is very very good. Kiku is faster than Mitsukoshi's just by means that they do not cook in front of you. You can sit in the Tempura room or in the lounge which has great views of the World Showcase Lagoon and Spaceship Earth. Lunch or Quick Dinner or for IllumiNations (you cannot hear the music). 4
    Yakitori House (QS) - Similar to Lotus Blossom but Japanese. Have had lunch here and the terriaki chicken and rice with miso soup and tea is very good. Great for lunch. 4
    Matsu No Ma Lounge (SD/QS) - Great place to get a drink or sushi before dinner at Mitsukoshi's. I am too young to drink but have heard that the saki is really good. 2
    Morocco -
    Restaurant Marrakesh (SD) - Traditional Moroccan food. The lamb roast is really good and there is a belly-dancer and traditional band during dinner. This too is a great experience. Dinner. 3
    Tangierine Cafe (QS) - Mediterranean lamb, beef, and chicken sandwiches. This place is a relaxing lunch place. Take your time and enjoy the aroma of the food and the jasmine trees. Lunch. 3

France -
    Chef de France (SD) - One word...WOW. I went here for the first time during our trip to meet the girls. The escargot, lobster bisque, french onion soup, and beef tenderloin and AMAZING. And for dessert, the creme brulee is the best I have ever had. The spacing between each course was good too, not to fast and not too long. I will go back and I know you will like it too. Dinner 5
    Bistro de Paris (SD) - French Gourmet. On the second floor of Chef de France. I have heard that it is on a normal average scale and a bit over priced. Dinner Only. 2
    Boulangerie Patisserie (QS) - Bakery and Pastery. Have not actually had anything from here but have walked through and have never gotten so hungry so fast. Everything looks great. People that come out after eating their dessert say that it is really really good. Snack. 3

United Kingdom -
    Rose and Crown Dining Room (SD) - Famous for their Fish and Chips. They have outdoor and indoor seating and serve lunch or dinner. They also have many choices of ales and the setting is very neat. Lunch or Dinner. 4
    Rose and Crown Pub (QS) - Traditional British Pub. 3
    Yorkshire County Fish Shop (QS) - Really good Fish and Chips. I normally eat at this location for a quick bite. The fish is fresh and hand battered. Use a little vinegar on the chips and you are good to go. Lunch or Snack. 3
    Canada -
    Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canadian family steakhouse. Inspired by the people and provinces of Canada. Le Cellier Steakhouse features mid-western corn-fed beef with seafood from cool waters in a warm ambience. Serve Lunch and Dinner and have heard that both are great but it depends on what you order. Le Cellier is a place that you will love or never go to again or go to again to try to make up for what you had the first time. Set in the caverns at the Canada Pavillion, the setting is very picturesque. Dinner. 5

And that is that. For dinner, reservations are STRONGLY suggested. You can make dining reservations by calling 407.WDW.DINE (407.939.3463) and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Character Dining is the fastest to book. Anywhere you choose to go though I'm sure you will enjoy. The dining experiences at EPCOT along with the other locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort are places you will remember (and try to master at home) for life. We hope you enjoy your stay with us.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    have to comment on Restaurant Marrakesh.....great food, great atmosphere.....i paid for it the next day.

nice way to put it, it fought back working through the system. maybe it's just me, but it was that much of experience that it's worth mentioning.

and, love Coral Reef. had lunch there and it was great. highly recommended.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I say don't forget a crepe in France at the stand, an egg roll in the stand in China, a beer in Germany, some treat in Norway, and eat in the rest of the countries. If you like some quick japanese soup, I like the tempura Udon soup there. Have your lunch in Italy (much cheaper at lunch than dinner here) at the restaurant (yum!) and a sit down dinner or at the stand in Mexico-This, and the rest, may take a few days, true, but it can be fun! (I love the food in all the countries, so hard to pick, but these are my recommendations)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    a beer in Germany,
    well, if we are going there.......

i always have a Beck's and about 3 or 4 shots of Blackhaus at Germany, and get a Bass Ale in England.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    well, if we are going there.......

i always have a Beck's and about 3 or 4 shots of Blackhaus at Germany, and get a Bass Ale in England.
    Yes, the yard beer rocks in the UK. Goes well with some fish and chips from the pub

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Beaver tails in Canada are a must. I second the fiesta margarita in Mexico. Pretzel Bread and Cheese Soup at Le Cellier. I love all the pastries in the Kringla Bakery in Norway. The ham and Cheese Croissant at the bakery in France. The cinnamon nuts at American Adventure. The chestnut cake at the Yakitori house in Japan. I could keep going on forver..... and now my mouth is watering. Sigh!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    No more Beaver Tails - sorry....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    No more Beaver Tails - sorry....
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! How could this be? What a catastrophe!

Yup, the beavertails....swam away.....

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    1st of all thanks for the response i appreciate it so much.

I cant wait to get eating but where to start .

Def go for the crepes in France and i must try the fish and chips to compare them to back here, are they served in paper ???

Think im gonna go with lunch in Italy, dinner at Le Cellier (just looked at menu), fish and chips in UK with snacks and drinks from the other countries. Rainbow Margarita MMmmmmm

I agree it might take a couple days but i will try my best to do it all in a oner, just might not have to do any rides and roll back to my hotel as i will not fit on bus or monorail.........pass the bucket !

If i plan it well, no breakfast, i could have an early lunch and late dinner. Mind you by time ive also drank in all the countries and not being used to the heat and humidity coming from sunny old Scotland :tartanber i will be gassed (drunk) !

Can't wait to try it all and im afraid to say the Beavers Tails sounded interesting, what were they ?

Tink
    x

When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

Oh they joy that was the beaver tail.... It was a wonderful flat piece of dough with cinnamon and sugar and chocolate on top. I think you could get fruit too and maybe some other toppings. It was fabulous!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Do NOT eat at Morocco. Well, maybe I'm being a bit extreme but I agree with GD. I payed for it the next day indeed. Not a fun WDW trip at ALL
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast