Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: If you have used the Extra Magic Hours (AM), was it worth getting up early?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Extra Magic Hours - Mornings? in the Vacation Planning forums; If you have used the Extra Magic Hours in the Mornings, was it worth getting up early while on vacation? Please post a reply to go with the poll. We ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Extra Magic Hours - Mornings?

If you have used the Extra Magic Hours in the Mornings, was it worth getting up early while on vacation?
    Please post a reply to go with the poll. We have a debate going on in my house on whether we are going to get up and going Early or sleep in until everyone is ready to head to the parks. We will have a 3 year old and 7 year old with us this year.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The time of year probably has a big impact here and whether one is a morning person. I prefer to start the day early, especially when it's hot, and then head for a cooler spot mid-day. I'd be willing to bet that the little ones will be up early anyway unless they don't fully understand what's ahead of them for the day. (Kinda like waiting for Santa to arrive.) But, you're on vacation. Make sure you have at least one day that allows you to FEEL like you're on vacation and not on a marathon to see and do everything. I've seen too many small children in total exhaustion and melt down. Have a great time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

We always take advantage of the EMH in the morning, especially at the MK. Seeing that you have young kids I would completely suggest that you do the same on the EMH mornings at MK. Plan of attack, head directly for Fantasyland. We are usually able to get through most of Fantasyland within that hour before the park starts to really fill up. Huge hint, go directly to Dumbo first and have your Husband run over to either Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan's Flight to grab a Fastpass. Dumbo's line is terrible by the afternoon so it is best to ride it first thing!

I see that you will be heading to WDW from Michigan just like us at the same time! Maybe we will be bumping into you in Fantasyland in line for Dumbo one of those mornings!!!!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have used EMH everytime I have been to WDW. But we have never traveled with children so it is easy to get up early and stay at the parks all day with no breaks, in my opinion.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    When I had my niece with me, we did EMH in the morning and then took a break (actually a nice sit down lunch) and then park hopped to another park. The park that has EMH in the AM tends to get REALLY crowded in the afternoon for some reason....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We have used EMH everytime, especially MK. I have 3 DDs 9, 7 and 2. Only thing is that we jump parks by midday/lunch. The EMH park is usually the most crowded for the day.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    What we do is get up early, go to the MEMH park, ride the rides we want, then get out of there before it gets really busy. It works really well because the lines are short right up until about an hour after the park opens to the general public!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    I went one time and when the rope drops it is like a stampeed!!
    The rest of the time we waited until regular opening time and went to a different park.

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    We always take advantage of the EMH in the morning, especially at the MK. Seeing that you have young kids I would completely suggest that you do the same on the EMH mornings at MK. Plan of attack, head directly for Fantasyland. We are usually able to get through most of Fantasyland within that hour before the park starts to really fill up. Huge hint, go directly to Dumbo first and have your Husband run over to either Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan's Flight to grab a Fastpass. Dumbo's line is terrible by the afternoon so it is best to ride it first thing!

I see that you will be heading to WDW from Michigan just like us at the same time! Maybe we will be bumping into you in Fantasyland in line for Dumbo one of those mornings!!!!
    That's a great thing to know. I am arriving on a saturday night and we want to do MK sunday (june 11th) but its not a MEMH day but an evening one. SO I dunno if i will do it...i better find out soon, cause i need to make ADRs real soon
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by fancythemouse
    That's a great thing to know. I am arriving on a saturday night and we want to do MK sunday (june 11th) but its not a MEMH day but an evening one. SO I dunno if i will do it...i better find out soon, cause i need to make ADRs real soon
    We are arriving on that Friday but are not going to the parks until Sunday the 11th as well! We have Cindy's breakfast reservations that day! Have a great time that week! See you around the parks!
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)

[QUOTE=

I see that you will be heading to WDW from Michigan just like us at the same time! Maybe we will be bumping into you in Fantasyland in line for Dumbo one of those mornings!!!! [/QUOTE]

hey - maybe we will see you around the parks! We are staying for 2 nights at ASM and then moving to BCV with our DVC points! We don't leave until the 18th.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! I am READY to go NOW!
    Met the Petermans!)

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I'm night person, I really could never get up early and ride on rides I would get sick to my stomach so i perfer the niight extra hours.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    Which parks do you guys think it makes the most sense to use the EMH? We don't want to go to all of them, but I'm thinking it is more helpful at certain parks than others.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Morning hours are great everywhere save Animal Kingdom. I believe the biggest problem with the Animal Kingdom and EMH is due to the fact of not as many major rides/attractions, which tends to cause a pretty big bottleneck.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Yes, we use it! Kids are up bright and early anyway..we are there before 8 a.m., and at the MK, can usually ride all the Fantasyland rides before the heard gets there!!

(But my kids and I are usually tired out by dinnertime and head back to the hotel....)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast