Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot - Mission Space in the Vacation Planning forums; We went on Mission Space around 10AM. I was wrecked for the next 6 or 7 countries in World Showcase. After that ride, I really appreciated our fighter pilots and ...
    HVACMD is offline A-Ticket holder

Epcot - Mission Space

We went on Mission Space around 10AM. I was wrecked for the next 6 or 7 countries in World Showcase.

After that ride, I really appreciated our fighter pilots and astronauts. How anyone can keep their senses after pulling G's like that is a mystery.

After that, spinning rides were out for me.

Even some of the virtual reality stuff would get my head spinning after that. And I had to close my eyes at the 360° movie in China.

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's a shame you didn't feel to well afterwards. I absolutely love the feelings on Mission: Space, but pulling G's really doesn't bother me. I am wondering though, did you look straight ahead towards the screen or did you close your eyes/look side to side? That definately can have an effect on your senses and equilibrium.

We all looked straight ahead. A few times I did glance over at my 10 year old daughter, and she was white as a sheet. My 6 year old son came out of it the best. He'd go on it again.

The rest of us get sick on Teacup rides.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I did get a little giggle at reading this post... I will not be getting on mission space, the teacups have me sick the rest of the day if i get on them. so i won't ruin my trip and the rest of the fam won't have to hear my mouth, i do not get on anything that spins me arouns at that speed... i may be able to get on dumbo and aladdins flying carpet... But no teacups and no mission space....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mission Space is a ok attraction, family and I have been on a couple times now and really have no wish to go back on. This ride leaves me feeling a bit off for about an hour. I avoid the teacups as well.

This is another one of those things where people need to come to their own conclusions. Contemporary05 is absolutely right...if you move your head or eyes even a centimeter to the side it will through off your equilibrium....that's why they tell you look straight ahead. The best thing to do if you are feeling dizzy is to simply close your eyes. My DH and my DDS 5 LOVE Mission Space. Last June when we were there, they went on it 3 consecutive times since there was no line!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I found that I didn't get sick if I took off my glasses. Don't know why that worked but it did. Anyway, I probably won't go on it again unless my kids just beg me to and I will probably keep my eyes closed the entire way. I don't do teacups either. That bummed out the kids but I think they just wanted to see me puke.

[QUOTE=SnwhtNdwrfs I don't do teacups either. That bummed out the kids but I think they just wanted to see me puke.[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMD
    We went on Mission Space around 10AM. I was wrecked for the next 6 or 7 countries in World Showcase.

After that, spinning rides were out for me.

Even some of the virtual reality stuff would get my head spinning after that. And I had to close my eyes at the 360° movie in China.
    I have no idea how the family and I will react to this ride so just to make sure we don't ruin our day at Epcot we'll save Mission Space for last!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I think it is a great ride. I went on it like 5 times when I was in Disney.. I wouldn't bring a child too young on that ride though. After reading the story of the 4 year old that passed away on it I would make sure all my kids were up for it before I let them go on it.. Oh Wait I dont have any kids yet. hehehe One day I will!!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell
    I have no idea how the family and I will react to this ride so just to make sure we don't ruin our day at Epcot we'll save Mission Space for last!

I've heard warnings to make sure you're not dehydrated before going on, too, so at the end of the day make sure you're not too worn out!

The one time I didn't feel too well from M:S was when I did Test Track and then M:S immediately after it during Epcot's evening extra magic hours. By the time I got to the bus stop back to the resort, I was feeling pretty woozy and sat for a while before getting on the last bus back.

Probably a good time to go is around an hour to an hour and a half before Illuminations, so you can ride M:S and then go get a good spot to sit and rest while waiting for the fireworks.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I'm known for getting motion sickness on rides that spin but I really wanted to experience this when it first came out. I managed to focus only on the screen & the cool air blowing on my face helped a lot. With that said, I won't ride it again unless am with someone who hasn't ridden it & won't want to do it alone. I didn't get sick, but definately felt like I could! I had to have a "sprite" moment afterwards. I agree with Melissa that everyone should form their own opinion, but if the teacups make you sick, you may want to be extra careful with this one & follow all of the instructions & warnings very carefully!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    My mom still insists she's been to Mars now that she rode Mission: Space.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale
    I think it is a great ride. I went on it like 5 times when I was in Disney.. I wouldn't bring a child too young on that ride though. After reading the story of the 4 year old that passed away on it I would make sure all my kids were up for it before I let them go on it.. Oh Wait I dont have any kids yet. hehehe One day I will!!!
    We were there less than a week after the little boy passed away while riding Mission Space....it was the first time that our 5 year old was tall enough to ride and he wanted to. He went on the ride numerous times and absolutely loved it! Unfortunately, the little boy who passed had a pre-existing condition, it was not the fault of the ride.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    As for Mission: Space, real Astronauts go through months, maybe even years of training so by the time they actually get into a spaceship, it's not so intense for them but just the same, you do gotta respect them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast