Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What makes us so crazy about WDW? in the Vacation Planning forums; Fellow Crazies: As my question asks what it's all about (not you Alfie!)? I have spoken to hundreds and hundreds of people who have been to WDW (I used to ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

What makes us so crazy about WDW?

Fellow Crazies:

As my question asks what it's all about (not you Alfie!)? I have spoken to hundreds and hundreds of people who have been to WDW (I used to be an educator and had a captive audience when talking about WDW--to their chagrin at times) and I still cannot figure out what makes us crazy, while others are "ho hum" and/or been there; done that about WDW!!!

What do you think it is? Extra WDW gene? Chemical imbalance or too many chemicals? Lost childhood a la the White Gloved One? Peter Pan syndrome? Nothing else to do? Animal lovers? Still in love with Annette and think you might run into her?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Its got to be the fact I just don't want to grow up, also lets face it working in the real world just isn't that fun.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    You either "get it"... or you don't.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    apart from all the obvious reasons i can't quit put my finger on it either Jiminy.we love the "magic"and the dining, the kids faces,the rides,but i think it's maybe just the atmosphere which makes you feel at times like you're a big kid in a dreamland ------it;s hard to describe the feeling ---it gives you something to look forward to all year round ..no matter what!!when i think of all of us in WDW -all my troubles seem a million miles away
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    i guess we all have it. that crazy wacked disney gene

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I think that's it in a nut shell. I totally agree.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by epcot man
    apart from all the obvious reasons i can't quit put my finger on it either Jiminy.we love the "magic"and the dining, the kids faces,the rides,but i think it's maybe just the atmosphere which makes you feel at times like you're a big kid in a dreamland ------it;s hard to describe the feeling ---it gives you something to look forward to all year round ..no matter what!!when i think of all of us in WDW -all my troubles seem a million miles away
    I agree with you about thinking about WDW 24/7. :mickey:

Since retiring it runs thru my mind constantly, but I guess the folks here know that. My greatest wish is to be a CM. Time will tell. My DW constantly thinks about shopping, that's the only way I get her to WDW is to promise to take her to the giant mall, that just happens to have the Disney Outlet Store.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    think that it is something that you are born with. something on the inside. there is a glow that comes over you when you think about the next trip or when someone says what sounds like "Disney" or "Mickey". the feeling when you first see the entrance sign. it must be something inside anyone who can see "faries"
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i hope your wish comes true and you do get to become a CM jiminy--somebody who loves their job will always do a good job --you'll need to wear your "jiminy"tag so we can all recognise you.........good luck
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    The food
    The Cast Members
    The unparalleled attractions
    The monorail
    The resorts
    Did I mention the food
    All the great trivia (shameless plug)
    The Castle
    The other guests who just "get it" like you do
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm sorry, but I didn't know I was a crazy. I always thought the people who didn't love Disney were the crazy ones.

I'm just glad I "get it." How sad life would be if I didn't.

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I believe this to be true. I get it, although, I wish I could get it more often than once, or twice a year.
    George

I told my husband we should move to Celebration and eat one meal a day at a different WDW restaurant. How else are we ever going to get to try them all? In that wise way he has, he asked me if it would still be special if I got to do it every day instead of once a year. Food for thought....................

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I told my husband we should move to Celebration and eat one meal a day at a different WDW restaurant. How else are we ever going to get to try them all? In that wise way he has, he asked me if it would still be special if I got to do it every day instead of once a year. Food for thought....................
    Speaking of food, Celebration has some nice restaurants too. Market Street Cafe offers exceptionally good "diner type" fare, and really good desserts.
    George

Okay, now I'm really hungry so I'm going to lunch. What can I bring you guys back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast