Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Special Events in the Vacation Planning forums; I think we need a special section in here on all the special events that happen at Walt Disney World. Some place to ask questions or talk about what we ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Special Events

I think we need a special section in here on all the special events that happen at Walt Disney World. Some place to ask questions or talk about what we saw or did?!

For instance - who has been to the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot before? I have not, but am planning to go at the end of April....

Thoughts?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    thoughts...

I have never been to that festival, but I would love to look around and see the flower sculptures, etc. I hear it is amazing. However, nothing is interesting enough at Disney to drag me away from my favorite rides for very long....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The Flower and Garden fest is pretty to look at, makes for nice photos, but really unless you are a die hard gardener...there isn't really much in the way of activites to do.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    The main reason I am going is actually for the performers - NELSON is playing - whoohooo!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,ve been to MVMCP...also been to the "Mickeys Halloween Party"

MVMCP is amazing........snow falling ,the special show on the Castle Forecourt,and the Christmas Parade ..................is the best ever parade I,ve seen, hot drinks & cookies for free.
    Its the most happiest time to be in the "Magic Kingdom ".
    Halloween was great too.........the numbers of people who dress up is fantastic.........the parade & fireworks leave you speachless.....yea there,s no place like Disneyworld for Special events. MAGIC

I Belle
    Maggie

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    The only time I've ever been to Epcot (that I can remember) was during the Flower and Garden Festival. I can't imagine what it looks like without all of the topiaries and flowers. We rode up front in the monorail one day and the monorail driver told us that they cut out pieces of sod out of certain places and put in flowers...when the Flower and Garden Festival is over they put back in the sod (maybe not the same piece, lol). I always thought that a lot of those flower beds were permanent but it turns out they're not. Also I love Hidden Mickeys (if you couldn't tell by my name) and they hide 50 Mickeys in the Flower and Garden festival displays.

Hmm, so much to talk about...but I agree I think a separate threads on the special events would be neat.

I have never been to the Halloween party but I will be going this October and would love to know more about it!

[PS. I just hit D ticket status, YAY!]
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu