Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss new Imagination appreciation thread in the Vacation Planning forums; I can't be the only one who actually LIKES the new Imagination ride and almost prefer it over the old. I also can't be the only one who gets sick ...
    Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

new Imagination appreciation thread

I can't be the only one who actually LIKES the new Imagination ride and almost prefer it over the old. I also can't be the only one who gets sick of all the bashing it gets simply because it replaced the old one. Show your appreciation of the new ride here.

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I hate to say I like the new ride because I am Partial to Monty Python but I still miss old figment and Dreamfinder.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

I miss the Dreamfinder as well, but in some ways, I thought he sort of didn't fit in EPCOT's scientific world of tomorrow thing. The Imagination labs kinda work better in my opinion. Also, I don't see much of a difference in Figment. He seems a little more estatic and doesn't think fully, but that's about it.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    While i will loudly declare that I liked the original Journey into Imagination much better than the current running version, I cannot say that i don't like the new one at all. It's still a fun ride, and I do enjoy it greatly. I just don't like quite it as much as the old one.

I could understand updating the ride... that much made sense. But why not just update Dreamfinder as well, instead of taking out such a crucial part of what made that ride memorable?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    While i will loudly declare that I liked the original Journey into Imagination much better than the current running version, I cannot say that i don't like the new one at all. It's still a fun ride, and I do enjoy it greatly. I just don't like quite it as much as the old one.

I could understand updating the ride... that much made sense. But why not just update Dreamfinder as well, instead of taking out such a crucial part of what made that ride memorable?
    honestly, I didn't really find him all that memorable. I mean, I couldn't even remember his name until I found it online. The only thing I could phsyiclly remember about him was when I met him while waiting for my mom and sister to come out of Captain Eo. That was fun. ^^ But honestly, he didn't stick in my mind that much. Not like Figment did anyway.

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    As much as I hated to see the old Imagination Ride go I am just happy to see the return of Figment and an imagination Pavilion that I actually want to go to. I agree that the Imagination Labs is a much better tie in to the Future World them and the Honey I Shrunk the Audience attraction. Also how can you not love an appearance by Eric Idle. But I guess as you can see by the name I post under I'm a little biased when it comes to Figment

Quote Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark
    As much as I hated to see the old Imagination Ride go I am just happy to see the return of Figment and an imagination Pavilion that I actually want to go to. I agree that the Imagination Labs is a much better tie in to the Future World them and the Honey I Shrunk the Audience attraction. Also how can you not love an appearance by Eric Idle. But I guess as you can see by the name I post under I'm a little biased when it comes to Figment
    agreed. I have to say, as much as I like Eric Idle, I hated the second version because it seemed bland and lacked Figment. I'm glad someone else agrees with my thoughts on the new theme of the ride. Though I too was a little hurt to see that they took out Dreamfinder. *not greatly though. He didn't leave THAT huge an impact on me. Infact, until I looked up the ride on the interent, I couldn't even remember the guy's name.*

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Oh man, you're killing me with the whole not remembering Dreamfinder thing. Dreamfinder was one of my earliest WDW memories. I have a little Figment plush that I've had for about as long as I can remember, and everytime I stopped to look at the little purple guy and remember him from the original attraction, I pictured him right there alongside good ole Dreamfinder. There was no one without the other for me.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I guess I don't remember the original very well. I remember an old man, but that's about it. I like figment & don't mind the new one at all. There ya go, that's my 2 cents.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Oh man, you're killing me with the whole not remembering Dreamfinder thing. Dreamfinder was one of my earliest WDW memories. I have a little Figment plush that I've had for about as long as I can remember, and everytime I stopped to look at the little purple guy and remember him from the original attraction, I pictured him right there alongside good ole Dreamfinder. There was no one without the other for me.
    aww, that's sweet ^_^ Honestly, I remembered the character, but I couldn't recall his name. I've always been bad with names. ^^' I have a memory of him meeting me and my dad while I waited for my Mom and sister to come out of Captan Eo. Him withhis Figment puppet was the coolest. That is something I miss. I think the ride itself captures the feel petty well. It's everything surrounding the ride I'm not really into. I would prefer the would Imageworks over the "What if labs" any day and that 6 foot Figment just doesn't do it for me like Dreamfinder with the puppet did.

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    We can all at least agree that even without Dreamfinder the current Imagination pavilion far surpasses the weak attempt they put out in between each version.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think what I miss more about Dreamfinder, is I liked his singing voice more lol, I think he had a better singing voice then Eric Idle. Also, although I love Eric Idle, seeing him in TWO attractions seems a bit much.

But either way, at least Figment is there and I <3 Figment!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis908
    I think what I miss more about Dreamfinder, is I liked his singing voice more lol, I think he had a better singing voice then Eric Idle. Also, although I love Eric Idle, seeing him in TWO attractions seems a bit much.

But either way, at least Figment is there and I <3 Figment!
    I always felt that was to link the two attractions and give them a sense of consistency. I liked it. I prefer it over two random rides that have nothing to do with each other on the same Pavillion.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark
    We can all at least agree that even without Dreamfinder the current Imagination pavilion far surpasses the weak attempt they put out in between each version.
    AMEN TO THAT! I saw a video of the second version. Wasn't too thrilled with it.

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    you know, I guess that since I've always seen them as two seperate rides, I never really thought "ok this a link" but you have a good point.