Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What country would you add to the World Showcase? in the Vacation Planning forums; Philippines...
    jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Philippines

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I don't know if this has been said, but what about Egypt - the whole Pyramid and Pharaoh thing would be great!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    For those of you who suggested Australia; seriously--when the World Showcase was still in the planning stages, the nation was slated for representation around the lagoon. Unfortunately, not too long after, the Aussie band Men At Work did the western hemisphere a great disservice by making a household term out of Vegamite(tm); a "food"-stuff with the appearance, smell and palatability of toe jam.

The Australian pavilion was placed on permanent hiatus pending a formal apology.

Now then--I'd concur with India, and although Greece may be a good addition, WDW would have to take extra steps to ensure that the place would be well-maintained (I was heartbroken during the summer Olympic games a couple years back when they were held in Athens, and seeing for myself how so many of the original facilities had fallen into disrepair since the first games........).

How about countries to politely decline.....? Algeria, Chechnya, and pretty much anywhere ending in "-stan......."
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    If I were adding to the World Showcase, I think I would add a South American country or Australia.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    Australia and Brazil are good ideas, but I think EGYPT would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    i'd be afraid of the food!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Before I read the earlier threads I wanted to add Australia. However, Egypt, Brazil or Argentina would be interesting.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I think any new country would be nice just to keep things new and interesting in the WS.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow Ape,

Thank you for sharing that Australia info. That is so interesting...have they apologized yet?
    Do you know of other countries, if any, that were also proposed to be a part of WS?
    The Goofy Princess

Ha, ha......nah, that's it for me. All kidding aside though, the land down under was indeed on the roster during the initial planning phase. Other than the Men At Work theory, I've got no real clue what kept them out of the final vote.

(By the way, FI--love that avatar of yours.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I,d Have To Go With Egypt.......................so Much Could Be Done With The Pyramids/spinx & The Nile In The Setting

I Belle
    Maggie

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I think that maybe they should have Belize or Brazil or maybe Argentina??? Antartica might be a possiblity to keep people cool ?
    Although i'm way late on this.. Ohhh Argentina would be a nice addition to World Showcase. Add in some interesting facts about Puente del Inca and an island flair to it... That would be awesome
    Last edited by butlers; 05-19-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    I say Australia and then a South American country. It's very European at the moment, followed by Asia, and a little bit Africa. Egypt would be cool too.
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

gypsy_dancer is offline As far as I'm concerned, you needn't worry about your old heel
    I don't need you to shelter and protect me
    they should add spain i'm part spainsh u know
    "We're pals, right?"
    "Right"
    "And we'll always be together, right?"
    Vmk name : Acevitani

" I'm gonna be a mighty king"
    So enemies beware!

Oh, yeah? I'm actually a little bit Puerto Rican, myself (just a bit--more or less a "Sorta Rican").

Spain is a good one, and I absolutely loved the country. On a tangent, but if my brains ever turn to putty enough for me to settle down and have kids of my own, they will be raised on the Iberian peninsula. I have never been to a place as committed to family as this nation (I've seen an entire village just shut down and everyone was out in the streets until a missing child was found. That kind of compassion is gettin' harder and harder to come by).

Pirate621 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i think POLAND. how cool would that be. polka music everywhere good food. it would be fun. but if not that. Ireland would be really cool too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast