Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What kind of souvenirs to do you shop for? in the Vacation Planning forums; When you go to a Disney park, what kind of souvenirs do you shop for? Do you basically buy things based on a character, a ride, a theme? Do you ...
    MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

What kind of souvenirs to do you shop for?

When you go to a Disney park, what kind of souvenirs do you shop for?

Do you basically buy things based on a character, a ride, a theme? Do you shop to contribute to a collection of yours?

Do you have a favorite shop you always make a point to visit, or plan to visit in the future?

= = = = = = = = = =

Myself, I tend to look for vintage character items and Donald Duck souvenirs (I'm always on the lookout for a DD pressed coin!).

About 4 years ago, I found some neat keychains I'm particularly fond of in the Toon Town shop: both were a Donald and a Pluto vintage-style keychain contructed of wooden pieces and beads, with boot-type laces for arms and legs. I'll try to post a picture later. No other characters in this style were on the rack at that time. I wondered if that had been the last of them.... It would be nice to know what the others had looked like.

With my family's '06 Spring Break trip, I finally purchased some pins at the park, although I had bought some earlier at the Disney Store when they used to sell them.

During an earlier park visit, I had considered getting some pins (Donald Duck, vintage Mickey, Walt E. Disney commemoration), but this time I bought/traded pins of Mickey Mouse, Narnia, The Mickey Mouse Club, and Walt & Mickey.

I also buy character mint tins. At this time, I only need the Goofy golf-themed tin.

Right before this recent Spring Break trip, I found out about the Wonderland Music CD kiosk (!!) located at the VMK shop on (WDW) Mainstreet, and also at Downtown Disney and Disneyland. Once on vacation, I eagerly purchased some CDs, and I certainly plan to check out the selections during any future trips!

Last edited by MousekeTodd; 05-29-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Stitch...All Stitch stuff...Pins, dolls, toys...I love them all. And my friends know it...around my birthday I had Stitch stuff arriving in the mail for like 3 days in a row! And Tiki things....love tiki thing..the more retro the better...I am kicking myself for not getting a set of retro shotglass when I was there last year.

I also look for stuff to scrapbook with.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    pins, it doesn't matter what, LE are good, as well as DVC, Visa, or Passholder only.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    My favorite shops are Tinker Bell's Treasures and the Pirates Bazaar at the Magic Kingdom. Last time I was there I didn't bring back much now that I think about it, I got some small Tink things like a keychain (it broke, so much for that), a magnet, some pressed pennies and quarters (I carry my Tink penny in my wallet) and a souvenir book with all 4 parks in it. I picked up a few pins, Tink, Jessica Rabbit and another one of Tink and Peter Pan.

On a previous trip I got a gray sweatshirt with the old Mickey Mouse on it to replace the one my parents had bought me during my first trip which was long gone. I don't wear it, it's more of a memento.
    Next visit I would like to get some embroidered Mickey ears for my kids (wish I still had my first pair) and the most recent souvenir book I can find.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Always the pennies. We have soo many of them. Each time now that i go, i get some stuffed animal and some poster but i might not keep up with the posters cuz there isnt enough wall space in my room and they are too expensive to just let sit.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I always get pins, but not any specific types. I know that a lot of people collect certain ones, but I just get whatever.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I buy a clip charm for my bracelet, 5 or so pins, and a shot glass for bf, then i might pick up some other things: t-shirts, frames, or postcards. I'm thinking when I go in august of starting a postcard collection.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I always look for USA related items, Mouse Gear, the USA Pavilion and the American Heritage Store in MK usually have something. My wife always looks for anything Dumbo related. Pins and T-shirst are the usual takes, but I have more than few Dumbo snow globes and music globes
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i usually look for something i can wear...cute fitted t-shirts, sweatshirts...mostly minnie t-shirts...i like to get something every trip so it will remind me when i wear it or if i need a little disney boost.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I tend to look for shirts and I love the pins. I also look for gifts for nieces and nephews and my brother. I think I need to go back and shop.

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Pins, pins, and more pins!! However, I am a stingy little girl-I don't trade. The only time I trade is if a child asks me-I absolutely will not say no to a child-espcially the younger ones. I also enjoy snowglobes and tiaras and plush!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Potato Head Wardrobe

I love going to Toy Works (I think that is the name) to get the latest pieces for the Potato Head Familie's Wardrobe. I bring the Potato Heads and their wardrobe pieces to my classroom and even the middle schoolers like dressing the family for holidays and occassions. Are their any collectors out there ?
    Annual Passholder.

Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    I bought a Charm bracelet in some store in Downtown Disney and I add to it whenever I'm there. Tinkerbell stuff too. A Tinkerbell charm would be ideal, but I haven't found one yet.
    Last edited by Tinkerbell2293; 06-03-2006 at 08:56 PM.
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2293
    I bought a Charm bracelet in some store in Downtown Disney and I add to it whenever I'm there. Tinkerbell stuff too. A Tinkerbell charm would be ideal, but I haven't found one yet.
    I like that idea. A lot. I think I might start doing that this year =]

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Magnets of rides/parks/resorts. Its a addiction.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast