Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Stitch's Great Escape Appriciation Society in the Vacation Planning forums; I realize that we seem to be in the minority here, but I know there's a few of us out there who love Stitch's Great Escape. I thought I could ...
    UncleJumbaa is offline A-Ticket holder

Stitch's Great Escape Appriciation Society

I realize that we seem to be in the minority here, but I know there's a few of us out there who love Stitch's Great Escape. I thought I could start a thread where people could tell what they love about it or just give positive thoughts about it, considering that there seems to be so much negativity about it. I didn't have any real love for Alien Encounter and I love Stitch, so I guess I was predisposed to enjoying it. I think most people wish they could be in their favorite movie & this gives people a chance to be in Lilo & Stitch for 30 minutes. If I turn out to be alone here, I'll never bring it up again. And I have to say, there's nothing like positioning your mother-in-law in the seat that Stitch is going to spit at.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    To be fair, I didn't get to thoroughly enjoy it because of some guy a few seats down who thought lighting up his cell phone in the dark was funny. So when I go back again in July, we're riding again. The kids thought it was great though, even with the annoying man.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I love stitch! i don't know why ppl hate him & the ride so much! i wish more ppl could apprechiate stitch.
    RYAN

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Stitch's Great Escape is one of my guilty pleasures....I love it. I love the movie, and him, and I love the ride. I didn't like Alien Encounter. honestly, it was too scary. It wasn't as enjoyable for everyone like Stitch is. And, while we're being honest...I have another confession to make. I may get kicked off the forum for this, but....
    I LIKED THE PINK BIRTHDAY CAKE CASTLE. There. I said it. I feel much better.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love all things Stitch- and the WDW attraction is no exception! I love the ride! The animatronic Stitch is incredible and always a pleasure to see. I'd "ride" SGE all day if I could!

Stitch is one of my top 3 favorite Disney characters, so to see him in his own DisneyWorld attraction is awesome! Sure, it was kinda sad to see Alien Encounter go, but it was a tad on the pee-your-pants frightening side. Now if only they'd add him to both parks...
    Last edited by Pirate_Queen; 06-07-2006 at 04:02 PM.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i have to say i like SGA also and my kids love it .i hope they keep it going ....we were there in june and the lines didn't look like people didn't like it ....Stich is great .....
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, I don't HATE the ride like others do but I've never been on it so I can't really say

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I love stitch (as you can tell by my name) and so maybe I'm partial, but the ride isn't as bad as a lot of people say. Sure it's a little silly but that's they way it was meant to be and it keeps well with the "personality" of the characters. I think a lot of people are bummed out because Alien Encounter was such a thrilling attraction that this version seems soooooo watered down. Besides that, the Stitch animatronic is one of the coolest things ever! I want to take it home with me everytime I'm there! So that's my two-cents anyhow...