Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Crowds leaving after the fireworks? in the Vacation Planning forums; We have yet to stay for any of the fireworks. We are able to see them from our timeshare. During our next trip we are thinking of staying for one ...
    njdisneylover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Crowds leaving after the fireworks?

We have yet to stay for any of the fireworks. We are able to see them from our timeshare. During our next trip we are thinking of staying for one of the shows if the kids hold up. Another determining factor will be the crowds after. Some friends have said to just wait about a half hour or so after they end to try to start leaving. Can anyone help with their past experience?

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yeah, that's a good idea becasue otherwise, you and the other thousands of people are all trying to get out of about 40 turnstiles.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    We always try to wait after the fireworks before we leave. At MK we stop at the mainstreet bakery and get a snack then wonder around the Emporium for a little bit. Fantasmic is not so bad if you sit near the exit and leave just a bit before the end. It has been a while since I watched Illuminations so I'm not sure what would be a good thing to do while waiting for the massive crowd to thin out.
    Maggie

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I watch the fireworks at magic kingdom near Tomorrowland so we go over and get one last ride on Space Mountain or Buzz before leaving. Fantasmic we go and get food. I haven't seen Illuminations so I'm not sure what to do.

In general I always try to go get on another ride or get something to eat before leaving.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    For Illuminations, best bet is to just wait a little bit and walk slowly out. If you view it from the far side of the lagoon, by the time you make it all the way back to the main entrance the crowds are way down. If you happen to be staying at Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan or Dolphin, getting a spot near the International Gateway entrance will let you leave via that route quickly.

My personal biggest pet peeve is people who make their kids wait a hour or more in a prime spot for the fireworks or SpectroMagic or whatever, and then start dragging them out a few minutes before the show ends just to try to beat the crowd to the buses. It's disruptive to everyone around, and so unfair to make the kids miss the finale! Disney's shows are crafted so that the 'big finish' truly caps off the day's experiences, and leaving early just ruins the magic. Yes, you're tired, your kids are tired, and there are going to be hundreds of other tired people with tired kids trying to leave too. Find a bench, rest a bit, people-watch, admire how beautiful the parks look at night, hit the shops for a last snack or souvenir, and then go when the crowd has thinned out a bit.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Oh yes, Dame--parents and their grand schemes to claim the primo locations and get to the turnstyles a nanosecond before everyone else. These folks need to be dragged behind the prayer tower in Morocco to be beaten severely with those collapsible plastic lightsabers.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 07-09-2006 at 01:47 PM.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If we plan to attend fireworks, then we try to take a break during the day so we can have a bit of a second wind. I have yet to be disappointed by fantasmic, wishes, or spectromagic. All of them really cap-off the day. We try to be patient about leaving and enjoy a leisurely stroll to the exit, and we try to plan for the late night to occur when we don't have an early morning deadline for the next day.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    at MK they have the "Kiss Goodnight" too. not many stay for that
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Last time we were at Magic Kingdom for Wishes (was it called Wishes in 2001?) we found a bench close to the Partners statue and just let everyone else rush to the exit. That whole area was littered with abandoned strollers. What's the rush? You're at Magic Kingdom!!! Have a seat and take it all in, I have no problem being the last one out.

Side note, I would highly recommend either keeping your kids in the stroller or on a harness when the fireworks or any parades are over, that night one lady was hysterical, her child had slipped away from her in the massive crowd. I can't even imagine what that must feel like.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Well, the idea of staying in the park is a good one but considering you have kids, try this tip out. Someone told it to me and it works very well.

Watch the fireworks show from the monorail station at Magic Kingdom! That way you can hear and see the show and you can simply board the monorail right after. Even if you don't have a hotel that connects to the monorail you stop at the TTC and take a bus that will take you to your hotel.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    ...you stop at the TTC and take a bus that will take you to your hotel.
    That is a good tip if you're staying offsite or at a DD hotel. BF and I tryed that last year and they don't have buses from the TTC to any resorts. we rode the boat back to MK and got on a bus there.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have always become cattle and moved to the exits. Last trip we got stuck by a parade and tried to leave early but couldn't cross. So we hung out in the Emporium with the CMs there and sang along with the boo To You song (MNSSHP). Then as the crowds were over powering us- I had to go to the little girls room. So my brother and husband found a bench by city hall and waited. By the time I got out the majority of the crowds were gone and we walked onto a ferry to go get in the car. It was really nice.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    That is a good tip if you're staying offsite or at a DD hotel. BF and I tryed that last year and they don't have buses from the TTC to any resorts. we rode the boat back to MK and got on a bus there.
    Oh you can't? I could have sworn I saw busses last time.

Ok then sorry about that lol

But it does help if you stay at Contemporary, GF, Polynesian
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Epcot: Stand in front of area between Canada & Mexico. Watch fountain show & see the ground all lit up in Innoventions. You know what I mean. It's a great spot to watch people leave.
    MK: I stand in front of the castle & let people leave. I'll try to stand in front of the monorail next time I go. Thanks for the tips y'all!

wdwnut4life