Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Extra Magic Hours in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering how long they were. I've never been to the EMH in the morning, but I've always assumed they are only for one hour before the atcual park ...
    mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Extra Magic Hours

I was wondering how long they were. I've never been to the EMH in the morning, but I've always assumed they are only for one hour before the atcual park opening. Is this correct?

Also, I know that the evening EMH is more than one hour, at least I'm pretty sure it is, but does anyone know how long they are, or where I could find out?

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Morning is just an hour early and evening is 3 hours, sometimes it's a little longer, depends on the park, I've heard of Animal Kingdom staying open until 10 instead of 8 in the evening.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

We just returned home from WDW yesterday and all of the parks EMH's for AM are one hour early and all the EMH's for PM were 3 hours. DAK was open until 11 PM, MK until 2 AM, Epcot until Midnight and MGM until 1 AM.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks.
    But why would they keep AK open that late? There's not much to do when it gets dark, is there? Because all the animals are alseep...

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey n minnie
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Thanks.
    But why would they keep AK open that late? There's not much to do when it gets dark, is there? Because all the animals are alseep...

Well....you could certainly spend the entire 3 hours in line for EE if you chose to and maybe get on it twice. Primevil Whirl and Kali River Rapids were fun at night. ITTBAB, Dinosaur and FotLK are also open so there is plenty to do to keep you busy for 3 hours.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    MK until 2? Wow. When I was there it was only open 'til 1. Are you sure it's 2 AM?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    MK until 2? Wow. When I was there it was only open 'til 1. Are you sure it's 2 AM?

Positive...I just spent 10 days there. EMH are 3 hours long. During the week and a half we were there the normal hours for MK was 11 PM hence adding 3 hours....2 AM.

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was really disappointed that there aren't any EMH on Saturday evening. My wife and I stayed at the All Star Sports this past saturday anticipating a late night at one of the parks, but to no avail.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

Quote Originally Posted by JCorduroy
    I was really disappointed that there aren't any EMH on Saturday evening. My wife and I stayed at the All Star Sports this past saturday anticipating a late night at one of the parks, but to no avail.

Yep, Saturday night is the only night of the week that there aren't any EMH's.

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Will EMH's last 3 hours even during off-peak seasons?
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    Will EMH's last 3 hours even during off-peak seasons?

I believe so Hil....it's just that the normal operating hours for the parks won't be as late. For instance....in let's say January MK may only be open until 7 PM so EMH's would be until 10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I believe so Hil....it's just that the normal operating hours for the parks won't be as late. For instance....in let's say January MK may only be open until 7 PM so EMH's would be until 10 PM.
    Thanks. I was looking at the EMH and hours for October and I was hoping it would be 3 hours later. 10pm is late enough for me, but the longer in the parks the better. On Sundays at the Magic Kingdom in October, the parks open until 9 with EMH, so I was hoping it would be open until midnight.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    Thanks. I was looking at the EMH and hours for October and I was hoping it would be 3 hours later. 10pm is late enough for me, but the longer in the parks the better. On Sundays at the Magic Kingdom in October, the parks open until 9 with EMH, so I was hoping it would be open until midnight.
    Yup, it will be.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

I know what attractions will be open late, but I was wondering if any food places would be open. You never know when you will have a craving for ice cream at Disney World.
    - Hillary