Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Attractions for a 3 year old? in the Vacation Planning forums; Can anyone recommend attractions for a 3 year old girl(going to WDW for her b-day)? I can only get so much from a book. For example, Buzz Lightyear, Stitch's Great ...
    hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question Attractions for a 3 year old?

Can anyone recommend attractions for a 3 year old girl(going to WDW for her b-day)? I can only get so much from a book. For example, Buzz Lightyear, Stitch's Great Escape, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Peter Pan's Flight, Mad Tea Party, and other things like these. I'm definately not talking about taking her on a rollercoaster or Mission:Space, but I don't want to count on her being able to go on rides and have her(and me) be dissappointed. Does anyone have any personal experience with taking a young 3 year old(just turning 3, as opposed to almost 4; I know there's a big difference) to WDW? What kinds of attractions did they absolutely love and what should I skip? Anything I might not think of doing with her that she will absolutely LOVE? (Also, has anyone taken their daughter to the Bippity Boppity Boutique?) Thanks so much! Your help will be MUCH appreciated!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welcome to the site!

We went last Sept. with our 2 yrs 9 month old female. She loved it, tho a lot does depend on each individual child and what kind of fears or non-fears each has. www.allearsnet.com has a section on the fright factor, but I cant find it right now. I will look later if someone else doesnt find it first. Our own personal experience with a soon to be 3 year old is as follows. At 3 she will prob be too short for 99% of parks coasters. There is a part on allears about that too...**note to self--look up info LOL
    I will give ya the stuff in MK if you want the other parks holler.

Magic Kingdom
    MAIN STREET....Town Square Exhibition Hall--great place to cool down, DD loved the cut out photo ops in the back part of it ....get a birthday button at City Hall

ADVENTURELAND.....Enchanted Tiki Room--may be a little dark and noisy but DD loved the singing birds.....Jungle Cruise--nice boat ride sit in the middle with the kid....Magic Carpets of Aladdin--DD loved that she could make it go up in down, sit in front seat for that.....Pirates of Caribbean--we rode the old version, DD had no prob with the booming cannons...Swiss Family Treehouse--we skipped it, too many steps for little legs to walk.....BUY HER A DOLE WHIP--Yum and a serving of fruit(healthy yet fun..lol)

FRONTEIRLAND......Big Thunder Mountain--too short for it......Country Bear Jamboree---AGAIN AGAIN quote unquote.....Frontier Shootin' Arcade--nice place for a rest stop for a few minutes, liked watching the things move when mama and dada shot them....Diamond Horseshoe---great place for meet and greet for Toy Story crew(no Buzz)...Splash Mountain--too short...Tom Sawyer Island---lots of places to play and run(leash the kid or risk losing them in a tunnel LOL)

LIBERTY SQUARE....Liberty Tree--had fun looking for the Tinkerbell light....Haunted Mansion---she liked it, a little dark, carry her on the conveyer belt thing and in and out car....Hall of Pres and Lib Square Riverboat--we skipped due to time

FANTASYLAND....Ariel's Grotto--skipped, long line.....Dumbo--skipped, already rode Aladdin's carpets(enuf spinny up and down for one day)....Carrousel---loved it....Cinderellabration--skipped, too hot to stand in sun with a toddler.....Fairytale Garden---skipped, time restraint....Small World---OOH AHH AGAIN LOL....Mad Tea Party---skipped, spinny and mom dont mix......Mickey's Philharmagic----Loved It but wouldnt keep on the specs(still cool without)....Winnie ride---very cute and liked the bouncy part....Winnie Playground---DONT WASTE YOUR TIME THERE......Snow White ride---pretty indifferent to it(could have taken it or left it)

TOONTOWN...Barnstormer---ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, she just met the height requirement for it, I know it is a coaster, but it is designed for kids and adults can ride too......Mickey and Minnie's houses....liked all the neat stuff.....Donalds Boat--skipped, didnt want her wet....Toontown Hall of Fame----AWESOME character meet and greet....WDW Railroad---we got on here and rode to Frontierland, liked the tunnel

TOMORROWLAND....Astro Orbiter-skipped, yet another spinny thing mom cant handle....Buzz's Spaceranger Spin---liked to help shoot the gun(tip if riding with 2 adults and kid-put the kid in middle or the gun will be in their face in the pic at end, dont forget to get a pic with Zurg at exit......Carousel of Progress---liked the moving characters and good place to cool down and take a nap LOL.......Stitch ---she didnt go on but her dad said a little too intense for a toddler, maybe a five year old ok.....Space Mountain--too short...Indy Speedway---too short to drive but still had fun....TTA--skipped, time restraint....Cosmic Ray's restaurant--good place to step in and cool down and watch Sonny Eclipse(whom she thot was neat).....PUSH--walking talking trashcan, she was a bit confused that a garbage can was talking to her but she seemed to like him

OTHER/SHOWS/ETC.....Fireworks, parades ---she loved them all

egammage is offline A-Ticket holder

I'll say it again, Wow! It would be pretty hard to top that (or even come close for that matter), so I'll keep it simple.

We've taken 3 family trips, and each time one of our daughters was around the age of 3 (twice we had ones that had just turned three, and on the most recent trip our youngest was two months shy of 3)

There were a few things that seemed to be favorites regardless of which daughter. Buzz is a winner, the bright colors and interactive nature of the ride really seem to draw them in (even if they can't really aim the gun very well). Pooh is another winner. Very familiar characters, and very colorful. Small World seems to hypnotize everybody, adults and children alike, and even though I've never understood the attraction, the carousel is always popular.

With all of that being said, the two winners, hands down, have been the Country Bears and Goofy's Barnstormer. Honestly, if we let them, they'd spend all day at either one.

There were a few attractions that just didn't seem to do it for them when they were younger. Snow White seemed to be a bit too intense, and 2 of the 3 had adverse reactions to Peter Pan (1 didn't like the darkness, and 1 didn't like the heights). All 3 made it through the Haunted Mansion, but only 1 asked to go back again.

Of course, you know your little princess best. Trust your gut feelings, and you'll be fine. Have a Great Trip!

DANG! I knew I missed one....PETER PAN---loved the flying boats"Mama we are flying"

WOW! Thanks so much! There were things you said that I never would have thought about! I'm gonna have to make some notes in my Birnbaum's guide! Make sure to give me the rest because this was SO helpful!

Try to pick up a copy of the Unofficial Guide by Bob Schelinger(sp?) it has a lot of info like this in it

My little one is pretty fearless(unless you count the toilet flushing)so i don't think we'll have a lot of problems with that. I'm so glad to hear that your kids liked Haunted Mansion and Goofy's Barnstormer! I'm so excited! My dad keeps telling me not to take her now because, "There's nothing for her to do!"

PPPFFFTTT on Dad(no offense) this is a great time to take them ...they are full of wide eyed wonder and best of all...under 3 is free....lol

egammage is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hgraber
    My little one is pretty fearless(unless you count the toilet flushing)so i don't think we'll have a lot of problems with that. I'm so glad to hear that your kids liked Haunted Mansion and Goofy's Barnstormer! I'm so excited! My dad keeps telling me not to take her now because, "There's nothing for her to do!"
    Funny you should mention the "fear of the toilet". We have one like that too. I know this is a bit off topic, but a tip that somebody else gave us was to take a pack of post it notes with us. When your little one gets on the automatic flushing toilet at WDW, put the post it note over the sensor. That will keep it from flushing until she's done.

Again, sorry for going off topic, your comment just gave me a flashback.

Oh my goodness, you are the smartest person alive! I'm so excited to have a solution to the scary automatic toilet! It is definately the scariest, but she's become afraid of all toilets flushing now because of it!
    Oh, BTW, where in Michigan are you? (You can respond in PM if you want)We're in Michigan too!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Wow that's really good!! Nicely done.

A+ for Vixen lol

Oh and about the guide.
    I highly suggest http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155
    Birnbaum's Official WDW Guide
    Version: For Kids, By Kids
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Thank you DF.....LOL I have waaaay too much time on my hands LOL

BTW....my DD was the same exact height as yours when we went hgraber

ON TO EPCOT
    We skipped a lot the one day we were there and left early due to the heat(horrible) that and lack of sleep from the drive a day B4 caught up with us..lol Younger children may not understand some of what is in Epcot but if you point out things to catch their eye it can still be a fun day. A lot of these things have changed since we were there so your best bet is to call and ask WDW itself to be sure.
    FUTUREWORLD
    Club Cool--wasnt open when we were there....Innoventions--neat games and info, cool place to step into, WARNING--if your other half is a video game fanatic dont allow him to enter( you will NEVER get to leave and you can only entertain a 3 year old so long)....Journey Into Imagination---OMG ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, only thing we all went on twice in a row and left the gift shop with giant Figment puppet($25) we skimmed the what if labs area....Honey I Shrunk the Kids---skipped we just werent interested.......Mission Space--too short.....Spaceship Earth---liked the ride and the stars, didnt care much for the smell of Rome burning( we got stopped right past it and pitied the ppl behind us)....Test Track---too short.....Living Seas Pavilion--closed for renovation....Living with the Land---didnt ride(not interested)....Soarin'---too short tho I think she would have loved it(she is a daredevil too)...Circle of Life--long line,little time, skipped....Junior Chef--too early in day for it to be open...Universe of Energy---wanted to do but never had time to go back to, I think she would have liked the dinos....Wonders of Life Pavilion--closed

WORLD SHOWCASE
    MEXICO....we skipped this pavilion, your DD may like El Rio del Tiempo if she likes IASW
    NORWAY....Maelstrom---was ok with the ugly troll but we made it fun for her by pointing out other stuff....Stave Church---very nice quiet cool place to stop, she liked looking at the things in cases....Viking play ship--wasnt open
    CHINA....Inside main building--we chose not to see movie but you can still go in and stand in middle of temple to hear your own voice, she found this fascinating as did her dad and I
    GERMANY...no rides here but was entranced by the mini trains.
    ITALY---skipped all but fountains
    AMERICAN ADVENTURE---only made it thru part of the movie portion of show, but did really like the singers in lobby which is what we did to entertain ourselves while waiting for dad(whom btw fell asleep-the rat)
    JAPAN--Loved the drummers, liked the toy exhibit and liked the store tho mom had a breathing issue with all the insense.
    MOROCCO...we ate at Marrakesh and she got to go out to dance with the belly dancer
    FRANCE....quick walk thru
    UNITED KINGDOM....quick walk thru
    CANADA...quick walk thru

OTHER
    Dont foget to do the Kidscot Fun Stops in both FW and WS...nice opportunity to meet different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Wow that's really good!! Nicely done.

A+ for Vixen lol

Oh and about the guide.
    I highly suggest http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155
    Birnbaum's Official WDW Guide
    Version: For Kids, By Kids
    I actually bought that a couple years ago because I wanted to know any little tidbits it might include that the adult version didn't. I ended up returning it because it wasn't what I thought it was. It has all kids of little games and things for kids(hence the "For Kids" title.) It didn't give any better info that my adult version did for me. I love the Birnbaum's WDW and buy it even in years when I probably won't be able to go.

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Try to pick up a copy of the Unofficial Guide by Bob Schelinger(sp?) it has a lot of info like this in it
    Try to pickup the OFFICAL Guide by Bringham.
    I just love World of Warcraft.

Just a question Jev...why did you quote me???? just wondering. BTW...I think you meant Birnbaum's. I had to go look up Bringham and Official Disney guide book on Amazon and there is NO listing whatsoever for it.
    Sorry I havent had time to do more for you hgraber...busy week. Will get to it soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast