Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss I hate it when people take Disney the Wrong Way in the Vacation Planning forums; Dosen't it just bother you when people complain about how they can't do anything, or when peopledon't know the correct name for a ride and you just want to tell ...

Talking I hate it when people take Disney the Wrong Way

Dosen't it just bother you when people complain about how they can't do anything, or when peopledon't know the correct name for a ride and you just want to tell them that there wrong. UURGGH, That happens to me so much, for instance, I was witing three hours for Fantasmic! (like I always Do) and this porterican lady says you can't miss this ride, If you don't do it, you'll never remember the Magic Kingdom . Urrgh

Please Share:mickey:
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    Dosen't it just bother you when people complain about how they can't do anything, or when peopledon't know the correct name for a ride and you just want to tell them that there wrong. UURGGH, That happens to me so much, for instance, I was witing three hours for Fantasmic! (like I always Do) and this porterican lady says you can't miss this ride, If you don't do it, you'll never remember the Magic Kingdom . Urrgh

Please Share:mickey:
    You have to realize not everyone is a Disney, or WDW genius. Some folks visit WDW once in their lifetime; others a 1,000 times. Some folks who visit WDW have mental, physical, and emotional handicaps who cannot remember the ride/attraction names, or care not to try. Others are from foreign countries and do not understand or speak English well. That's what makes WDW so magical, that people from around the world can come together in one place on earth and have a good time.

P.S. I still call Spaceship Earth the golf ball. I can't help it.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    You have to realize not everyone is a Disney, or WDW genius. Some folks visit WDW once in their lifetime; others a 1,000 times. Some folks who visit WDW have mental, physical, and emotional handicaps who cannot remember the ride/attraction names, or care not to try. Others are from foreign countries and do not understand or speak English well. That's what makes WDW so magical, that people from around the world can come together in one place on earth and have a good time.

P.S. I still call Spaceship Earth the golf ball. I can't help it.
    Okie Dokie
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've actually experienced a similar, but different situation from the one you are describing. Disney is so well known universally, that people associate with it unintentionally all the time. I work at a small family theme park during the summers, and just last year we put in a new thrill ride, a 185-foot drop tower called "Down Time". You would be amazed how many times I heard the guests refer to it as "Tower of Terror". I also heard our "Ghost Hunt" (it's a haunted house themed dark ride where you evict the ghosts by shooting at them with these boo-blaster type things... kind of like a small-scale BL Space Ranger Spin) referred to as "the Haunted Mansion" from time to time. And although i myself haven't experienced this one yet, I'm sure if I asked some of my friends in the rides department, they would probably confirm my suspicoun that our "Saw Mill Plunge" has at least a few times been called "Splash Mountain".

It's quite funny, and worth a laugh in my opinion, to see the widespread lasting impression Disney has put on so many people. So everytime I have a guest ask me how to get to The Haunted Mansion, I just smile, point up the path and tell them "Ghost Hunt is that way".

Wish I did work at WDW though. That would be an experience!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    I've actually experienced a similar, but different situation from the one you are describing. Disney is so well known universally, that people associate with it unintentionally all the time. I work at a small family theme park during the summers, and just last year we put in a new thrill ride, a 185-foot drop tower called "Down Time". You would be amazed how many times I heard the guests refer to it as "Tower of Terror". I also heard our "Ghost Hunt" (it's a haunted house themed dark ride where you evict the ghosts by shooting at them with these boo-blaster type things... kind of like a small-scale BL Space Ranger Spin) referred to as "the Haunted Mansion" from time to time. And although i myself haven't experienced this one yet, I'm sure if I asked some of my friends in the rides department, they would probably confirm my suspicoun that our "Saw Mill Plunge" has at least a few times been called "Splash Mountain".

It's quite funny, and worth a laugh in my opinion, to see the widespread lasting impression Disney has put on so many people. So everytime I have a guest ask me how to get to The Haunted Mansion, I just smile, point up the path and tell them "Ghost Hunt is that way".

Wish I did work at WDW though. That would be an experience!
    If it's the park I am thinking of (Lake Compounce), you have the pleasure of workng in the nations oldest amusement park in continual operation. This park has been open in every year since it opened in the mid 1840's!! Granted one year it was only open for a few days due to money problems, but it is still a record
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I had one the other day where someone asked whether I thought for their trip do Disney they should go to Disney World or the Magic Kingdom, which one is better? I did sit down and try to explain it all but I do get that it is such a big place now that it is overwhelming for some. It still overwhelmes me sometimes!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    no matter what you do or are into there are individuals who don't know all the ins and outs. some people just might not care as much or have the same level of commitment then others.

believe me, i understand. i go completely bonkers everytime i see a bike that is blatantly not properly maintained, or some idiot hopping on a new bike and beating it up right away without breaking in the engine, or the 'trailor princesses' that someone pays 6 figures for only to wheel it off a trailor at a rally take first prize in a contest then wheel it back onto a trailor but couldn't wrench it themselves to save their life. and, don't get me started on these idiots who put these super short exhaust pipes on their bikes just to get that 'loud sound' with no consideration to how much they are harming their engine.

i could go on and on.....

my point, yes there is one, is that you can't worry about others. concentrate on yourself. i enjoy Disney and am continuing to learn. i enjoy motorcycles, and as much as i know i still don't know everything and am continuing to learn. in short, always be willing to share your knowledge, and never stop seeking knowledge.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    If it's the park I am thinking of (Lake Compounce)...
    Right you are. This summer will make my third season at The Lake, and I've just been given a position in seasonal management! Go me! It's a cute little park, and I really do enjoy what I do there. But I still think of it as practice for that one day when I might find it worth it to get a job at WDW.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    my biggest pet peeve is when people call WDW Disneyland. I'm like, "No. It's Walt Disney WORLD... DisneyLAND is the one waaay over in California."
    Then they shrug and say, "Same thing."
    Grrr!
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosworms
    my biggest pet peeve is when people call WDW Disneyland. I'm like, "No. It's Walt Disney WORLD... DisneyLAND is the one waaay over in California."
    Then they shrug and say, "Same thing."
    Grrr!
    or they refer to a non-Harley Davidson motorcycle as a Hog, and you try to explain that only Harley Davidsons are called Hogs due to their racing teams mascot pig which they used to hoist and parade around the track when they won back in the 40s.
    Grrrrr!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I know this has been more focused on the parks, but I hate it when people try to find nasty stuff in the movies. *rolls eyes*

shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Off-Topic: I have actually heard of people finsing several "wrong" scenes in Disney movies.....it bugs me too....like if that all you have to do to spend time on...thats pretty sad. No offense princess jas...but I heard of a group of extremely conservative parents in an uproar over the movie Aladdin because they accused Disney of putting in sexual subliminal messages. How you ask?...they said that when Aladin says, "Good Kitty, now take off and go.", to Rajah at the sultan's palace, they heard him say "Good teenagers, now take off your clothes." UNBELIEVABLE!! And..back on topic.... I have heard several people not only refer to the Magic Kindom as Disney World....but people have also asked CM's why the Park Hopper passes don't work at both Disney....and Universal.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnymike88
    No offense princess jas...but I heard of a group of extremely conservative parents in an uproar over the movie Aladdin because they accused Disney of putting in sexual subliminal messages. How you ask?...they said that when Aladin says, "Good Kitty, now take off and go.", to Rajah at the sultan's palace, they heard him say "Good teenagers, now take off your clothes." UNBELIEVABLE!!
    That was one of the incidents that I was talking about in my previous post.

shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    sorry about that....but the Park Hopper story is still very intersting every time i think about it.

No problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast