Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss ??? about Food & Wine Festival in the Vacation Planning forums; Lucky me!!! I am going to WDW in November and it will be the 1st time going to the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot . So what can you ...
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

??? about Food & Wine Festival

Lucky me!!! I am going to WDW in November and it will be the 1st time going to the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot . So what can you tell me about it. What do you like about it and what don't you like about it ?? How much approx. does it cost:$$: ?? Does it run all day during regular park hours or are there specific times? Thanks for any info!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The Food and Wine Festival is free. The Party for the Senses that occurs on the weekends is an extra ticket; a pricey one, but really worth doing at least once.

During the Food and Wine Festival there are additional food stalls that don't normally exist. In the past they've had a wide variety of mini-foods that are offered for under $4.00 each. I remember having MD crab cakes at one stall, and cheese soup from the Canadian restaurant from another. China had some type of chicken. There is a variety of beer and wine as well. My husband litterally grazed his way around Epcot a couple of years ago.

I can't think of anything negative about it unless you consider that your eyes maybe bigger than your stomach.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks for the info Mini but what is "The Party of the Senses"??

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Anything with cheap drinks has to be good!

No but seriously, I had a blast when I went to it. It was just awesome to try out different things. And like mini said it is free. You only pay if you choose to try something. It's a good time and a great month to go in because it is less crowded and there are good deals.

The Party for the Senses I believe is around 95 dollars a person and you get to go around to all kinds of booths and eat and drink whatever you would like (Instead of paying individually for each item). You also get reserved seating to see live entertainment ( I think it varies year to year).
    Here is a great site for info:
    http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 07-09-2006 at 11:50 PM.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    The food and wine fest! Ooooh! I love that! Well, minus the wine and such. The food selection is so good! But always buy the smallest size if they offer larger sizes of something to eat. Then if you dont really like it, you know you didnt waste too much money. Oh, and try to go to some of the cooking shows...but...you have to get in line VERY early! Especially for the ones with the big stars.

Looking forward to the food and the WINE !! Does anyone know if it runs all day or just certain hours?? Thanks for all your input!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm pretty sure it goes all day because my husband grazed around Epcot the entire day while waiting for our daughter to meet up him.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea it goes on as long as long as the world showcase is open. I have to agree with everyone that it is one of the best times of the year to go. I have never been to the party of the sense but if you have the cash (about 95 a person) it sounds like it would be totally worth it.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

whises.dreams is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know if it is open longer when the park is open late for the extra magic hours? Or does it end at 9pm all the time reguardless.