Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Expedition Everest supposed to be where??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, to everyone! good morning now, but later..well ya get it. Did you know that Expedition Everest was supposed to be in Magic Kingdom not Animal Kingdom. They even planned ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Exclamation Expedition Everest supposed to be where???

Hello, to everyone! good morning now, but later..well ya get it. Did you know that Expedition Everest was supposed to be in Magic Kingdom not Animal Kingdom. They even planned out an area behind Japan for it! This is not a rumor..this is now a true well researchd fact! It was supposed to be a mount Fuji instead! Please post here questions, responses, etc. Where do you think they should have put it. What do you think about the ride?
    -Thank you!-

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I'm fine with it in AK. AK needed something new. I hope this isn't a thread to start a controversy!

And P.S. Japan in MK? Do you mean Epcot?
    Tina

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Lol I think Epcot is what she means lol.

Really, that's odd, I highly doubt it. I don't think it would fit in Epcot, I mean, Mt. Everest isn't even anywhere NEAR Japan.

I highly think you need to check your sources.

If anything, Expedition Everest, WOULD have gone behind the China pavillion. It's not in either countries, but China shares a border with Nepal, which is the country home to the mountain. So, I really don't think this is true.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well she is right it could have been fuji instead because that is in japan!
    but it is a good thing for AK it will bring in some more people
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah it definately seemed to have more people in the park...but is it just me or are the walkways smaller in AK? I felt so overcrowed there last time, I was getting very frustrated. Now they have EE to bring all those people in, they need something else to keep half of them occupied!!
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    World Showcase doesn't have any "thrill" rides. That's not what World Showcase is all about. Besides, where would there be room for such a huge thing? Look at this link to a map of Epcot: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/epcotmap1.jpg

Behind Japan is a road, and on the other side of that road is Caribbean Beach Resort. Expedition Everest would look mighty funny next to the Aruba quiet pool!

The original poster also probably believes that Walt Disney's body is cryogenically preserved ... that's another good one!
    Last edited by CleveRocks; 07-22-2006 at 02:50 PM. Reason: link
    -- Eric

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm with Aurora on the Walkways. AK so needed another attraction like EE
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    A roller coaster just wouldn't fit EPCOT. You would start changing the dynamics of the whole environment. I think it would look out of place. It fits well in AK. They needed something to beef up attendance.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it fits in perfectly in AK.... but it wouldn't hurt to put another ride in behind Japan... if they could buy the rights to the Godzilla license from Toho, they could put a C-R-A-Z-Y ride there...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar
    I think it fits in perfectly in AK.... but it wouldn't hurt to put another ride in behind Japan... if they could buy the rights to the Godzilla license from Toho, they could put a C-R-A-Z-Y ride there...
    Godzilla would be grrreat and then they could get rid of Stitch in the "Godzilla versus Stitch" ride!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic
    Hello, to everyone! good morning now, but later..well ya get it. Did you know that Expedition Everest was supposed to be in Magic Kingdom not Animal Kingdom. They even planned out an area behind Japan for it! This is not a rumor..this is now a true well researchd fact! It was supposed to be a mount Fuji instead! Please post here questions, responses, etc. Where do you think they should have put it. What do you think about the ride?
    -Thank you!-
    I don't know where you got your information, but I spoke to someone who was on the project. Joe Rhode is the chief imagineer for Animal Kingdom. He pitched the idea to the brass from the get go. I doubt Joe would have considered putting it in any other park. This has been his project for something like 17 years.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

sharper_fin is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Mount Fuji ride was definately planned for Japan in Epcot. As for it's similarity to the current Everest, well you'll have to ask Joe Rhode how much he knew of the Fuji plans!

There were actually quite a few other coasters planned for Epcot over the years. Details of many of them can be found in my book, "The Disneylands That Never Were". Further info at www.lulu.com/shaun_finnie

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Where did you get your info for this book?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

sharper_fin is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi D-05

Like all good researches, I got the info from many places, including interviews with quite a few current and former Imagineers.

hope you enjoy it.
    Shaun

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes I think she/he means Epcot not MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast