Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Queue question in the Vacation Planning forums; What do you think are the three best and three worst queue areas in terms of atmosphere and detail? Best 1.Expedition Everest- I like all the detail in it 2.Dinosaur ...
    DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

Queue question

What do you think are the three best and three worst queue areas in terms of atmosphere and detail?

Best
    1.Expedition Everest- I like all the detail in it
    2.Dinosaur
    3.Pirates of the Caribbean

Worst
    1.Test Track- Too noisy and all in one room (I can still hear the constant crashing)
    2.Dumbo
    3.Indy Speedway
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Best
    1. I'm with you on Everest - very well done
    2. Haunted Mansion - I don't mean the outside part, i'm counting the part where you're in the stretching room
    3. Test Track - I disagree, It is loud, but there is lots of fun stuff to look at while you're there

Worst
    1. Peter Pan - always long and nothing really exciting
    2. Small World - song gets SOOO stuck in my head
    3. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - no shade at all, and you breathe the go kart exhaust the whole time
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Best
    1. Splash Mountain- love all the characters
    2. Haunted Mansion- graves and overall creepy feel is awesome
    3. Space Mountain- great futuristic feel, plus it was the first line i ever stood in at WDW

Worst
    1. Its a Small World- boring, just a line to me
    2. Stitch's Great Escape- or the ride in general
    3. Tommorowland Speedway- had my own experiences with the heat
    Last edited by nicks10; 07-25-2006 at 04:59 PM. Reason: descriptions
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Best

1. POTC - I love looking at all the old cannons and stuff
    2. Haunted Mansion - I love the inside and all the graves outside just before you enter, are pretty funny.
    3. Splash Mountain - It's so cute!

Worst

1. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - The heat kills you
    2. Dumbo - boring, all you see is flying elephants

I can't think of any others.
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Best

1. Haunted Mansion - What's not to love about it?
    2. Splash Mountain - Especially when you get into the tunnel with all the character portraits.
    3. The Great Movie Ride - It has SO much movie memerobilia. And I love it when you reach the theatre part.

Worst

1. Indy Speedway - Loud, sometimes hot, No shade from rain, exhaust fumes.
    2. Mad Tea Party - I'm not a fan of the ride, and being trapped between 3 lands is so tempting that I just want to run away from the line and to better attractions lol.
    3. Thunder Mountain - If it's crowded, the amount of people can make you want to shoot yourself.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

KetchFrayz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Best:
    Star Tours
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Muppevison 3D

Worst:
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    Soarin'
    Big Thunder

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Best:
    Everest- I must say that the artifacts are very realistic, I have been to India before.
    Great Movie Ride- I live for that pre-show.
    Philhar Magic- how classic!

Worst:
    Soarin'- Who wants to stand in a big area with a crowd/line that never moves for a good 2 hours?
    Speedway- I only go there in winter or at night when the sun isn't beating down on me.
    Splash Mountain- during the summer, you are already wet before you get on the ride. Unfortunately, the sun has already drenched you with enough sweat to create the same effect.
    The Goofy Princess

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh wait, I like Millionaire too!! You get to answer all these fun questions about the show itself on the monitors above you in the line. Plus, the CMs also have some fun trivia of their own.
    The Goofy Princess

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Best:
    1. Tower of Terror- With the 20's music playing softly in the backgroud, the fog around the garden, it's hard not to get creeped out while waiting. Not to mention the dusty ol' hotel itself!
    2. Kali River Rapids- Lots of awesome artifacts & cool statues.
    3. Jungle Cruise- Although it's old... it's still fun to play with the spider, & read the warnings

Worst:
    Most dark rides simply because there isn't much room for details since it's a simple que line
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    The worst for me back in 1998 was Dinosaur. I stood in a shade but hot line for over half an hour as the line compacted to the point we could not move. Every time you moved a bit to stretch a leg for example meant someone getting closer to you. The ride constantly was closed for repairs and Cast Members did nothing about the lines getting so compacted that we were running out of fresh air and were tighter than sardines.

I never rode it and was there many times over a two week period.

Exit lines seems to be over looked. The worst part is when you have to wait in line to get out of a ride, show or worst the park.

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    best
    1. Expedition Everest- so much to look at!!! Does a great job of setting the scene.
    2. Splash Mountain- love the shadow of the frog!
    3. Tower of Terror- outside is so pretty and inside is so creepy!!

worst
    1. SMALL WORLD! omg after listening to that the whole queue, you almost don't want to ride it.
    2. Buzz Lightyear- Not a lot of cover...I once waited in this queue in the rain for quite some time!!
    3. El Rio del Tiempo- you can barely find this queue!! it's boring, but a cute ride.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    1) The Carousel of Progress doesn't have much of a queue, but I love that little tribute video they play on the overhead TV's for the preshow. I think it's a really nice way of acknowledging Walt Disney, and they actually do a really good job of explaining why this show was so close to Disney's heart. It admittedly kinda institutionalizes the attraction, making it seem a bit like a museum piece, but the attraction itself really is pretty dated, and I believe the preshow video really gives it the needed context and really does a great job of setting it up. So it gets my vote for best queue at WDW.

2) The "lobby" of G-Force Records is no big deal, but for some reason I love the preshow video of Aerosmith. Its dumb, corny, and horribly acted, and yet I find something endearing that this band would appear in a Mickey Mouse theme park. Hard line rock fans say they've sold out, I think they know how to have fun.

3) Tower of Terror from the lobby, to the study, to the boiler room, is really impressive and immersive theming.

Honorable mention goes to Pirates. I think the Blue Bayou loading dock at Disneyland is far more impressive, and WDW's loading dock is pretty plain, but the actual queue down the dungeon halls with those skeletons locked in an eternal stalemate really heightens the anticipation, especially the first time you walk down it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    HAHA We don't have to wait in lines bc we have a handicapped ticket for someone in my family! WOO HOO, never wait on lines it is sooo fun!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Best
    1. Splash Mountain - The themeing is so amazing and being right inside the mountain is amazing.
    2. Space Mountain - There's just something about that old, futuristic tunnel. I feel like I'm in a sci-fi movie.
    3. Star Tours - The C-3PO and R2-D2 AA's are so spot on, and you really feel like you're in the Star Wars universe.

Worst
    1. Buzz Lightyear - For as much as they could have done with the intellectual property of Buzz and Toy Story, the whole thing is just uninspired.
    2. Astro Orbiter - The slowest queue ever conceived by man. The idea of using the elevator is horrible planning.
    3. Rockin Rollercoaster - For as much work and detail that went into Tower of Terror right next door, this has always been very dissappointing to me.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Best - anything that gets you involved in the ride straight away, like HM or TOT.
    Worst - Jungle Cruise. I love the ride but the queue seems to go on forever!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed