Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What Makes WDW Better? in the Vacation Planning forums; I wanted to see what all of you think makes WDW so much better than other competitors out there, like Universal, Six Flags, etc. We all know WDW is the ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

What Makes WDW Better?

I wanted to see what all of you think makes WDW so much better than other competitors out there, like Universal, Six Flags, etc. We all know WDW is the best, now lets hear why...

I think WDW is better becuase I have never seen it really as just a "theme park". It is completely different from all other places like Universal because people dont just go there for cheap thrills. People go to Universal to get a certain thrill from a ride. With WDW thats not the case. Each attraction at WDW tells a certain Story which is what makes their rides so much better than anywhere else. Every ride, show, restaurant, and resort in WDW has so much detail put into it. You can ride an attraction like The Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain 50 times in a row and see something new every time.

The Cast Members at WDW also make it so much better than anywhere else. Every employee I've ever seen at WDW was willing to go head over heels to make sure that my vacation was the best it could possibly be. Their extra efforts adds to the magic so much.

The one thing that makes WDW so much better than any other place is the feeling you get when you're there. There is no other place where you get that childhood feeling than walking down Main Street looking up at Cinderella Castle. WDW is the one place where you can forget every trouble you have in your life. Every one feels like a child when they are there, which makes it the ultimate family vacation, parents and their children can experience the same things and enjoy them just the same.

Whew! Thats why I think that WDW is far better than all other places that try to compete with it. What do you guys think...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    I agree with you completley! WDW offers service beyond your expectations. At the other theme parks, they wouldn't give you extra attention as Disney does. WDW is the best place, and there is no doubt about it!

I like the fact that all the Disney rides are unique in their own way, and that they will do everything, and anything, to make your Disney vacation special!
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I totally agree. You made some great points. It's all the little things they do. Disney truly wants you to feel like a guest in their park.

After the past to times I visited Disney I went to either Six Flags Over TX or Fiesta Texas. It made me appreciate Disney so much more and dislike both of the other parks more.

I just was pointing out things to DH. For instance when climbing up on a coaster at Six Flags you look down and what did I see. The "behind stage area" with trash cans over flowing. Would you EVER see that at Disney? No, you don't even see behind "stage".

I also hate staging areas for rides at other places. All the do is shove their park down your throat unlike Disney where they try to set the mood for the ride.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Two major things WDW does better than anyone else.
    1. Theme and atmosphere. You actually forget you're in a park.
    2. rides. Unfortunatly, everyone else tends to just make mindless thrill rides while Disney has rides for people who prefer things just a little slower. I like some thrill rides, but i'm not a junkie for them and Disney does it just right for me

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Amazing points made by everyone!

Disney is so much more than a theme park. A Disney vacation is so much more than a vacation. A Disney vacation should be considered an adventure! WDW is just amazing! They are entirely service-oriented, they will go out of their way to make sure YOUR experience is magical. And that's a pretty big deal considering that hundreds of guests go through the parks' turnstiles every day!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

dwellspompano is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have never been to DL out in California but I have been going to WDW almost all my life I am 40 now and to me what sets WDW apart from other parks is that last "W" it's not just a park it's another "world" an escape from my everyday life , a place where I feel welcomed by everyone that I interact with. What sets Disney apart the most I feel are the people. From what I hear Disney is not the best when it comes to wages, so I think those people REALY enjoy what they do...and it shows.
    Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We all seem to have the same idea. It's the whole vibe at Disney. Six Flags is even trying to be more like Disney nowdays. Will never happen, but they're trying. WDW is not just an amusment park. You are immersed into the whole Disney idea. You know when you are there, everyone has the same goal and feeling. As corny as it is, it's to be happy and carefree.
    You know the CM's are there because they want to be there. It's not just a summer job to make some money. Try to find that at non Disney parks.
    There is a common thread that makes us go back year after year. A lot of people don't understand that, it's too bad for them. We know the secret.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05
    We all seem to have the same idea. It's the whole vibe at Disney. Six Flags is even trying to be more like Disney nowdays. Will never happen, but they're trying. WDW is not just an amusment park. You are immersed into the whole Disney idea. You know when you are there, everyone has the same goal and feeling. As corny as it is, it's to be happy and carefree.
    You know the CM's are there because they want to be there. It's not just a summer job to make some money. Try to find that at non Disney parks.
    There is a common thread that makes us go back year after year. A lot of people don't understand that, it's too bad for them. We know the secret.
    Yeah, I hear the pay at Disney isn't very good but the people who work at Disney don't do it JUST for money. If it was just for money, they'd proboly be at Six Flags.