Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Spaced Out History Series in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm Spaced Out Dude with the first of my history series. I'm going to do 2 attractions a day every other day. Starting at the Magic Kingdom. My first is ...
    Spaced Out Dude is offline B-Ticket Holder

Post Spaced Out History Series

I'm Spaced Out Dude with the first of my history series. I'm going to do 2 attractions a day every other day. Starting at the Magic Kingdom. My first is just bellow.

Unhappy Stitch's Great Escape

Allrighty lets start out in Tomorrowland with Stitch's Great Escape. It originally was Flight to the Moon, which opened with MK. In 1975 it was replaced by the slightly more updated Mission to Mars. In 1993, Mission to Mars was finnaly closed & replaced by the amazingly scary Alien Encounter. In 2004 Alien Encounter shut & was replaced by the awful Stitch's Great Escape.

I'll be back on August 1st, with Buzz Lightyear & Winnie the Pooh.

See yahh real soon.
    Last edited by Spaced Out Dude; 08-01-2006 at 09:34 AM. Reason: add title

Arrow Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin & The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Spaced Out Dude here with an extinct ride update.

First it's Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. It opened as If You Had Wings, sponsered by Eastern Airlines, it was a look Eastern's destinations in America & the Carribean. In 1986, Eastern dropped their sponsership & it became If You Could Fly. In 1989, a new ride opened, Delta Dreamflight, obviously sponsered by Delta. This was a look a the history of aviation. When Delta dropped their sponsership in 1996, it reopened as Take Flight. Take Flight remained open until Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin was ready in 1998.I would like to thank

dvd on If You Had Wings for all of the history.

Now lets head over to Fantasyland, with The Many Adventures of Whinnie the Pooh. It opened with Mr. Toads Wild Ride on October 1st, 1971. Apart from the fact it was boycotted, it reopened with The Many Adventures of Whinnie the Pooh in 1999.

I'm moving this thread over to the Extinct Attraction's section. Join me over their on August 3rd with Mickey's Philharmagic & the rest of Tomorrowland. See yahh then.
    Last edited by Spaced Out Dude; 08-01-2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: adding date

Hi Guys, just letting you know. I have moved to the wdw magic forums. See yahh there.