Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Why Fast Passes are GREAT! in the Vacation Planning forums; I love the FastPass system, and just as a random thought, my first day at MK during my trip in July made me say "THANK ::insert name of Higher Power ...
    Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder

Why Fast Passes are GREAT!

I love the FastPass system, and just as a random thought, my first day at MK during my trip in July made me say "THANK ::insert name of Higher Power here:: for FP!!!" This was the standby line for Space Mountain at about 3:00...

(There was about 10 more people behind that that I didn't get in the picture)
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm going to have to agree with you that fast passes are amazing, but here is a very interesting tactic that disney uses on space mountain that may or may not be taking place.

It's called "stacking" and it is used most often close to park closing. What will happen is, cast members will hold the line outside of the building until most of the people on the inside of the queue have gone on the ride. This will produce a large line outside that is visible to anyone walking by which will discourage people to go on the ride. The less people on the ride, the easier it is to shut it down at closing.

So, if you want to go on Space Mountain near when the park is closing, but the line is out the door, get on line! Chances are there is a short wait even though there are people all the way outside.
    -Tommy-

Mouse is offline I'm In Disney!!!
    I HATE THE FAST PASS SYSTEM. YOU GET A FAST PASS THEN WAIT... AND WAIT... AND WAIT... THEN YOU GET TO RIDE THE RIDE. IT CONTROLS YOUR DAY. THE OTHER REASON I HATE THE FAST PASS SYSTEM IS BECUASE YOU CAN'T GET 2 FAST PASSES AT ONE TIME UNTIL SOME APOINTED TIME THAT IS WRITEN ON YOUR 1ST FAST PASS. I LIKE THE UNIVERSAL SYSTEM WHERE YOU PAY A CERTAIN AMOUNT (YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY IF YOU STAY AT THE RESORT) AND THEN YOU CAN USE THE FAST PASS WHENEVER YOU WANT AND ON ANY RIDE YOU WANT.
    MOUSE

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    We went in the FP line, and it was a solid line all the way up to the turnstiles.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Lani is offline A-Ticket holder
    The fast pass system has always worked perfectly for us. We never NEED more than one at a time, and never, not once, EVER have we had to stand around and WAIT to use our fastpass. That's the whole point of the FP! You get it, and then you go do something else. You don't just stand around for an hour waiting for it to be time to use it. The idea that anyone would just stand around waiting to use it, completely baffles me......

the only thing bad about FP is that you have to wait an hour...
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love the Fast pass System as well! The only time I've ever had to wait more than 15 min to ride with a fast pass is when a ride was having issues once.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    I love FastPass Service! It's easy, convienent, and fast (no kidding!) I use it every time I go to Disney, and I have no problems with it whatsoever!
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I HATE THE FAST PASS SYSTEM. YOU GET A FAST PASS THEN WAIT... AND WAIT... AND WAIT... THEN YOU GET TO RIDE THE RIDE. IT CONTROLS YOUR DAY. THE OTHER REASON I HATE THE FAST PASS SYSTEM IS BECUASE YOU CAN'T GET 2 FAST PASSES AT ONE TIME UNTIL SOME APOINTED TIME THAT IS WRITEN ON YOUR 1ST FAST PASS. I LIKE THE UNIVERSAL SYSTEM WHERE YOU PAY A CERTAIN AMOUNT (YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY IF YOU STAY AT THE RESORT) AND THEN YOU CAN USE THE FAST PASS WHENEVER YOU WANT AND ON ANY RIDE YOU WANT.
    wow harsh
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    ...I LIKE THE UNIVERSAL SYSTEM WHERE YOU PAY A CERTAIN AMOUNT (YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY IF YOU STAY AT THE RESORT) AND THEN YOU CAN USE THE FAST PASS WHENEVER YOU WANT AND ON ANY RIDE YOU WANT.
    If they DO ever switch to that sort of system I hope the admission price comes down a little bit...especially after all prices just jumped up.
    Tina

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    The Fastpass system is great!

You never need more than 1 at a time. While you're waiting for that time, you simply ride something with less of a wait. I mean, come on, not EVERYTHING is crowded. Unless, it's NewYear's Eve
    Remember, Dreams Come True!