Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss When to do MNSSHP? in the Vacation Planning forums; We will be taking our nieces to WDW for the first time of thier lives NEXT Halloween. They will be 13 and 14 then. We want to do the Halloween ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

When to do MNSSHP?

We will be taking our nieces to WDW for the first time of thier lives NEXT Halloween. They will be 13 and 14 then. We want to do the Halloween Party. Next year Halloween in on a Monday night. Assuming they have the party on Halloween night, would you go that night or choose the preceding Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Those are our only options, and of course it all depends too on which nights they hold the party.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    This year, Halloween night was the only night I know of that MNSSHP was sold out (by mid-August!). Whether that was because it fell on a weekend or not I don't know. This year, there was no party on the 30th, but there were on the 28th and 29th. I would have thought that the 30th would have been huge, being Saturday night, but they don't have a MNSSHP scheduled then.

If you want to avoid a sell-out crowd, I'd go on the Friday night if it's available. But to be really in the spirit, I would want to go Halloween night.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

We will be there for the entire week following Halloween, so getting on the rides really isn't a big deal. We will be more interested in the shows, parades, etc. but I don't know if I am up for the crowd.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    If you are eyeing Halloween night for MNSSHP, then I suggest you get your tickets early. Last year we did the party twice, 10/30 (Thursday) and 10/31 (Friday). I bought our Halloween night tickets in May when they went on sale. Later on thought I may need two nights to enjoy everything, so in September I bought the other tickets for 10/30. Due to DCL earlier in the week, those were the only two times we could go.

I didn't think the crowds were that bad, it was a lot of fun. I encourage people to dress up or at least wear a festive t-shirt....it adds to the fun!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

We will definitely dress up. We have already started thinking of costumes. We were going to go as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy, but my husband REFUSES to wear tights of any kind. So I am thinking he will be Hook, one niece will be Tinkerbell, the other Peter Pan, and I will be Wendy.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I will going to MNSSHP on Halloween this year, so I will report back what I found with the crowds. From what I understand, Disney does not run their Holiday parties on Saturday.