Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss how scary is dinosaur? in the Vacation Planning forums; My post is going to be a little different than it was going to be before I read all of these existing posts because some good points were made. My ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My post is going to be a little different than it was going to be before I read all of these existing posts because some good points were made.

My personal opinion: I rode Dinosaur the first and only time in 2001 with my best friend, her husband and my adult son. It scared me SO badly I actually cried through 1/2 the ride and have not been on since. I have ridden Indiana Jones at Disneyland many times. Once I get past that snake leaning down at me (I always scream even though I know it's coming) I am fine. I love the Indy ride. But, Dinosaur terrified me but I did not find it terribly jerky, do not recall any big drops and would not think should cause motion sickness.

AFTER reading these posts: I agree that Dinosaur is very loud and I do not do well with loud noises; Dinosaur is very dark with things suddenly appearing right in front of you which I also do not handle well; and my friends got me in a front, outside seat which made it really bad for me personally.

I've never been able to get back on that ride HOWEVER after reading these posts I may attempt Dinosaur again if I can be assured I could sit on an "inside" seat.

I'd say give it a go at least once! If you get really frightened just close your eyes tightly until end of ride like I did. It wasn't bad once I closed my eyes, lol.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    my kids ride it with there eyes closed and in the floor if they can .........but they still like to ride it
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    It is bumpy and dinosaurs DO jump out at you. Not for the people who get grossed out at a dinosaur slurping and chomping on a human[ thats in the ride]!Any way, I love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I do not scare easily and I was suprised at how scared I was the first ride through - I will say that I came out grinning and ready for another go 'round!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12