Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss how scary is dinosaur? in the Vacation Planning forums; Do things really jump out at you in that ride? I want to go on Dinosaur, but I just cant take stuff jumping out or startling in any way. It ...
    rainbodragon is offline A-Ticket holder

Question how scary is dinosaur?

Do things really jump out at you in that ride? I want to go on Dinosaur, but I just cant take stuff jumping out or startling in any way. It makes me a nervous wreck! Is it bad?

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok, while I am a thrill junkie, I'll try to say some of its disadvantages as best I can.

Yes, it can be quite scary, however, nothing really JUMPS out at you. It is more of the scariness of the carnotaurus's presence. The scariest is while in the cave, the headlights come up, and it is standing there looking at you. When you drive away, it appears to begin chasing you. There are about 4 moments in the ride where it pops up, and they can be a little scary.

However, when you tough it out the first time, all you want to do is ride it again. However, if you REALLY don't like it, then just avoid it. But I DO highly recommend you do it at least once so you can say you have done it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Thanks for bringing this up!
    I have never been on it, but I am always saying I will give it a try. Can you tell me how bumpy it is? I have major motion sickness. I can't do Space or Big Thunder mountains, or Test Track. And certainly not Mission Space. I do love Soarin' and Star Tours. Just wondering if I should go for it on my next trip or if I'll get sick.
    TIA!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    It's hard to say. If you ever been to Disneyland and went on their Indiana Jones ride, it's exactly like that. I can't quite remember how bumpy it is, but there are lot of sharp turns and you do go at a high speed in a portion of the ride. If you're not too sure, don't take the chances. But if you really want to, avoid eating anything before going on that ride. I love it, though. And a warning to the other person who is curious about this ride, I will admit, it is very loud. Even though I go on it a lot, it is very loud. Just to give you warning. Here's a hint: Say cheese! There are warnings, as always. And as what my mom has always told me, it's all make-believe (there are times when it's hard to believe that b/c everything seems so real), so nothing can hurt you. I don't think he really just pops out and scares you, it's just how realistic he looks and how close he seems to you is probably what always gets me. You can pretty much sense when he's going to appear. But anyway, hope it helps for both people. I love the ride though. Good luck!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    It's very bumpy. I get motion sickness, not too bad though, I just hate when dark rides suddenly take a PLUNGE! No worries here...just a bunch of bumps in the road and sharp turns. It's really fun, definetly give it a try! Here's a tip, you may want to just ride it with your eyes covered first to get the feel of the ride, and then the second time you can take a look around. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, so that's how I ended up riding it at first, you never know- tt may help all you fellow motion sickness sufferers!
    Tina

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    The ride is great!!!but it is loud and extremely BUMPY...there is a couple pop-ups.if you like star tours u will probally love this one
    #1 FAN

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    VERY VERY bumpy!

Yes, I'd say (next to Kali River Rapids) it's one of the bumpiest rides in all of WDW. It's supposed to be a very disorienting ride. They surround you with alien sights, sounds, and smells.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I was extremely terrified while riding this ride. But I LOVED it! There is one part in particular where you are in the pitch dark and all of a sudden the dinosaur is right in front of you, it looks as if you are heading towards its mouth but you drop right below it. Also there is one part where the lights come up and he is right next to the car. It was awful!
    But so fun at the same time.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Try riding in the middle seats in the back the first time you ride. The end seats give you a more intense experience especially when you feel like you are going to be thrown out of the vehicle.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbodragon View Post
    Do things really jump out at you in that ride? I want to go on Dinosaur, but I just cant take stuff jumping out or startling in any way. It makes me a nervous wreck! Is it bad?

i wouldn't quite say it is scary
    it is just very very loud!!

but hey u won't know for yourselkdf unless you check it out!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

tigrou is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think its more fun than scary, its a bit bouncy though so if you have a sensitive stomach you should probaly ride it before eating too much

WDW 92, 05, March 07

Disneyland Paris 96, 02, 03, 04.

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Thanks everyone
    I am still trying to decide if I'll ride it or not, I am such a big chicken
    But I still have 46 days to think about it!

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by athenna View Post
    I have major motion sickness. I do love Soarin' and Star Tours. Just wondering if I should go for it on my next trip or if I'll get sick.
    TIA!
    How in the world can you ride Star Tours if you get motion sickness? The two worst days of my life were (one) the day I embarassed my entire family by getting violently ill on Star Tours and causing a clean-up, and (two) the day that I made the mistake of riding the Astro Orbiter at the MK, and then I was down for the rest of the day! I even took dramamine, but it didn't help.

Motion sickness? I'm the king of motion sickness. But, Dinosaur isn't that bad. It doesn't go "round and round," rather, it is supposed to simulate a vehicle on a bumpy road. If you can do Star Tours, then you can do Dinosaur with no problem! I lost my lunch on Star Tours, but Dinosaur didn't faze me.

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK...............WHAT ABOUT A DROP?!?!?!?!?!?!? I dont mind going fast, but those big drops make me CRAZY!!!!!!!!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    No drops, just a bunch of shaking and ruckus! I hate drops, too, and the first time I rode dinosaur I was clutching on for dear life because I thought there would be a drop (like Jurassic Park in IoA)...so to save you the worry, no drops!
    Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast