Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Glitchy rides this weekends at Epcot and Magic Kingdom in the Vacation Planning forums; Over the long weekend our small family took an unplanned trip down and I noticed several rides that were running but not fully operational. One was in the Haunted Mansion ...
    Kari+Sam=Holly is offline A-Ticket holder

Glitchy rides this weekends at Epcot and Magic Kingdom

Over the long weekend our small family took an unplanned trip down and I noticed several rides that were running but not fully operational. One was in the Haunted Mansion as you exit Little Leota was not audible. Also, in the ascent up Spaceship earth the squiggly lights were not on. I wonder if this is because of high volume of people for Labor day. Are glitches like this normal?

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Spaceship Earth continually has show problems. The "squiggly lights" you speak of aren't actually lights at all, just bent tubing coated in a paint that reacts to UV light. The lights shining on those tubes haven't worked correctly for some time.

Hopefully with Siemens sponsoring the attraction now some money will be spent to fix this and other problems with the show.

All in all, you can expect many individual show elements of the attractions to be down at any given time. If its not a safety issue and it doesn't take anything away from the whole experience, the attraction will remain 102, open to the guests.