Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss DWT's WDW for Infants-4years old in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay for our littlest Disney fans parnets this is a time to vocie your suggestions and ideas for traveling to the World with the littlest Disney lover in your family. ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

DWT's WDW for Infants-4years old

Okay for our littlest Disney fans parnets this is a time to vocie your suggestions and ideas for traveling to the World with the littlest Disney lover in your family. The questions for you guys will be based of course in mind for children in this age range.

What I would like is the child age, how many times has the child been, and the suggestion or advice. Example

What's a good charcter meals if any are good to take children in this age range to and why?

Child's age:2 year's old
    Female
    Times been to WDW:4
    Suggestion or Advice: Crystal Palace because my 2 year old loves the pooh Charcters and they have an excellent children buffet just their size

Okay get the idea. What Im going to do is pose the same question for each age range. But either tweak this age range to fit or just give you guys a whole another question.

Right now this is the format. I want to give it a test run first to see if anyone is interested. If it takes off the format may change or be tweaked a bit. If you have any suggestions on how this can be done let me know.

Okay let's get started. The first question for the week is:

What is a good charcter meal for children in this age range and why?
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-14-2006 at 02:40 PM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

1900 Park Fare....Cinderella Dinner(gala feast I think it is called)
    Took a 2 1/2 year old ...female ...Sept 05...times visited WDW - 1
    one on one interaction with the characters Prince, Cindy, Mice They take time to come and sit with the kids at the table(we had a corner booth) wide variety of food for both kids and adults(strawberry soup rocks!) Nice break from the MK but not so far away that you cant go back after you eat.

EDIT:::My DD loved talking to Cindy and petting the mice's hands. She liked the carousel horses. At this age they pretty much dont like to sit still for any meal but the characters occupied her enuf to sit and eat inbetween visits. This was the only character meal we did.

Did I do that right Jedi?...better?
    Last edited by vixen101485; 09-14-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post

1900 Park Fare....Cinderella Dinner(gala feast I think it is called)
    Took a 2 1/2 year old female Sept 05
    one on one interaction with the characters Prince, Cindy, Mice They take time to come and sit with the kids at the table(we had a corner booth) wide variety of food for both kids and adults(strawberry soup rocks!) Nice break from the MK but not so far away that you cant go back after you eat.

Did I do that right Jedi?
    Close enough vix I'm just in the start up stage of this but this is fine only thing can you suggest why a two year old would enjoy this. I trying to base a lot of the answers toward the age of the child instead of in general it a great place for the characters. Like did your daughter like bein in this setting vs bein outside or another resturant. Did the character seem more friendly and attentive here.

Like I said this is new so I'll figure the tweaks out of it soon.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-14-2006 at 03:05 PM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Child's age: 3 1/2 years old
    Male
    Times been to WDW:4
    Suggestion or Advice: Donald's Breakfastasaurus. The dinosaur theme was great for my dino-loving son, and breakfast buffet had a lot of variety that all ages enjoyed. Mickey, Donald, Goofy & Pluto appear in camp apparel and were playful.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I wasnt sure what you wanted to know. I will edit it in a moment to add that.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Child's age: 5 year old girl, 18 month old boy

Times been to WDW:1
    Suggestion or Advice: Liberty Tree Tavern was great. My kids like "homecooked" food so they enjoyed the family style spread as well as the characters. The service was prompt also so the kids weren't fidgety waiting on food. It didn't hurt that Chip and Dale were there to occupy the time, either.

(my daughter had just turned 5, but she was still in preschool at the time)
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    • What is a good charcter meal for children in this age range and why?
    Children's age: 9, 6, and 2
    Times been to WDW: (let's just go with more than 15, okay?)
    Suggestions or advice: I recommend the Crystal Palace for this age range. Why? Younger kids love pooh and friends, this, in my opinion, is the less scary group of characters. We first took my son when he was 3. He was sorta shy with charecters most of the trip. But this quiet boy had a great time at this kid-friendly buffet, and when he saw Pooh, he ran up and gave him a big hug! Plus, this place is kinda loud, which, younger kids can be, so you will fit right in!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Kari+Sam=Holly is offline A-Ticket holder
    Haven't been character dining with the baby yet, ask me what rides they like. I can give a whole trip itenerary for entertaining a 1 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari+Sam=Holly View Post
    Haven't been character dining with the baby yet, ask me what rides they like. I can give a whole trip itenerary for entertaining a 1 year old.

Okay Kari+Sam=Holly your wish is my command.

New question for the week

What are great rides or attraction for this age group?

FYI:New question to be posted every Friday.

I still need to post for the first question!

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    FYI:New question to be posted every Friday.

Is it Friday today???

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    My niece Meg is 3 1/2 and she has been to Disney twice (ages 1 and 3 1/2).

Favorite ride - "Pooh" (a.k.a. Winnie the Pooh ride) - Can't get a reason why at this age.

Favorite Charcter meal - "Cinderella" - Same reason as above. The only answer we get is "I'm Cinderella".

Can't expect more than that at the age of 3 1/2.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    My niece Meg is 3 1/2 and she has been to Disney twice (ages 1 and 3 1/2).

Favorite ride - "Pooh" (a.k.a. Winnie the Pooh ride) - Can't get a reason why at this age.

Favorite Charcter meal - "Cinderella" - Same reason as above. The only answer we get is "I'm Cinderella".

Can't expect more than that at the age of 3 1/2.

That's okay in this age group Im looking for the parnets suggestion or advice seeing at that age they won't give a stragiht answer.

Kari+Sam=Holly is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok,
    times to WDW: 2
    The best thing to do with a wee one is Epcot. MK has fantasyland and all that for little kids but, the best thing about Epcot is you can do it all in one day if you skip the big 3. You can't ride Mission Space, Soarin', or Test Track with a baby, so I suggest walking right by. Make the day more about the joy of the child than thrills. Trust me it is better than sweating through a 3 hour line for splash mountain. Epcot is great for little ones that can't walk yet because almost everything is Air-conditioned!
    1st thing you have to do when you walk in the park is get in the big ball and ride SSE. There are tons of lights and things to look at.
    2nd Stop by the character connection at innoventions. It is the best way to meet characters besides the character dinning. Here they can meet the characters in the air-conditioning -- without some rude mom pushing them out of the way. It is neat to see Mickey in toon-town fair, but there is AC here!!!
    3rd go ahead and check out the Energy pavillion if you have kids 3-4. They will love the dinosaur animatrons. Also if your skipping TT and MS that is the only thing on that side of the park so you should probably get it out of the way or trek over there for a good 20minute sit-down in the afternoon.
    Back to the East Side,
    4th Hit the living seas, there is a LONG wait for Turtle Talk with Crush right now. If your not opposed to criss-crossing the park hit this when the park opens. Kids that are old enough to talk will Love this attraction. All infants will love to see the movement of the fish in the aquariums.
    5th Kids might enjoy living with the land if only just to see the Mickey Pumpkins. Some 4 year olds might be tall enought for Soarin' so FASTpass it.
    This leaves the Imagination Pavillion.
    6th The last thing in FutureWorld is the Imagination Pavillion. My DD loves loves loves Figment. He is brightly colored he sings and dances. Some kids however get scared in the part where they blow air on you so watch out.
    7th Older Preschoolers will probably like the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie more than younger kids. Some scary things happen, like mice bitting your ankles so you might just want to skip this one.
    This leaves a good bit of your evening open to have a romantic stroll around the world pavillion, hopefully someone will sleep in their stroller.