Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Aye, we be pirates now, too! in the Vacation Planning forums; Who else will be so bold as to sail under the command of the one and only Captain Jack? Any takers, aye? For those of you not already aware, in ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Aye, we be pirates now, too!

Who else will be so bold as to sail under the command of the one and only Captain Jack? Any takers, aye?

For those of you not already aware, in addition to the re-opening of the Magic Kingdom's Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and the Pirates merchaindise popping up all over the parks, there's been one other piratey addition made to the Magic Kingdom.

That's right. And if you should happen to be staggering through the Spanish Main one of these days and by chance come upon the Caribbean Plaza, keep a weather eye on the horizon, or else you just might find yourself come face to face with the venerable sailor and swordsman himself, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Now if you do happen to encounter his presence, do not flee or try to hide. We all know the good captain does enjoy the attention. Besides, rumor has it he is looking for a new muster of scaliwags to sail under him- all hands, officers and crew alike. If you should decide to hang around and watch, Captain Sparrow and his trusty mate Mack will together demonstrate to the masses some of the many fine skills necessary to sail the high seas, such as hoisting the sails, crossing blades with an opponent, and how to escape from a confrontation not leaning in your favor ("Look, it's the governor's daugter!").

Now if you should be so fortunate (or else so foolish) to volunteer to sign on under Captain Sparrow, you will recieve a decree, such as the one below, indicating your sworn allegiance to Captain Jack and his crew, and guaranteeing your safe passage and due respect as a sailor under the same.

Click to enlarge

So if it's adventure ye be seeking, then be sure to stop by the new and improved Pirates of the Caribbean attraction inside the Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and be sure to look for Captain Jack. Tell 'em one of his newest deck hands sent ya'.

Oh, and do be careful... Dead men tell no tales.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Do we know if "Captain Jack Sparrow" appears daily in the Magic Kingdom at a particular time or if it's more sporadic?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    That's our shipmate "Mack" on the small box? Hmm--he kinda reminds me of Kurt Cobain......

(Here we be now, entertain us.....Yaaaaaarrrrr!!!!)

Makes sense, though. The regular hands of a pirate crew were "grunge" long before it was cool.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Do we know if "Captain Jack Sparrow" appears daily in the Magic Kingdom at a particular time or if it's more sporadic?
    I've looked for a daily time schedule, but can't seem to find one. If anyone else knows where we can dig one up, please pitch in and help me out. But as for right now, it does appear to be luck of the draw. If you're there for the day, stop by a couple times and see if you can't luck out and be there when he's out. He's hard to miss, draws a pretty good crowd.
    -Don-

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Is it just me or is that Johnny Depp??

That looks EXACTLY LIKE HIM!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I know that his last appearance is at 4:15 each day...at least that's what I was told by a CM who works over at PotC. I remember one being at 10:15 and 12:15 also.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    In August it was 10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15, 3:20, and 4:25 p.m. The only place to find the schedule was on the MK tip board.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    awesome!!!! I canno't wait to go back to disney world to see this!!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post
    Is it just me or is that Johnny Depp??

That looks EXACTLY LIKE HIM!
    ohhh i saw him and i almost freaked out because i too thought it WAS johnny depp!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Jeez right!!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    ohhh i saw him and i almost freaked out because i too thought it WAS johnny depp!

Haha me too. I took like a gazillion pics. lol

Yeah, he did look very similar, with only a few things I noted as looking not quite right. So I took a bunch of pictures, and made sure to post the one that I thought made him look the most like the real Captain Jack.
    -Don-

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I'm comming Captain Jack!(In a few months!)
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know it looks so much like Johnny Depp, the resemblance is identical! Are they fliming the 3rd movie? I heard 2 & 3 filmed back to back, then I read Keira made a movie in between movies 2 & 3. That was in In Style magazine.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have pictures just like those, and I freaked some people out. They all thought I met Johnny Depp, only 1 person could tell it wasn't from a far shot. His arms didn't look right.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast