Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW without stuff--is it possible? in the Vacation Planning forums; I started a similar thread on another site some months ago, but am wondering what "stuff" my fellow Triviateers take with them to the parks. I would love someday to ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

WDW without stuff--is it possible?

I started a similar thread on another site some months ago, but am wondering what "stuff" my fellow Triviateers take with them to the parks. I would love someday to visit the parks with only my wallet and tickets. I must confess I am addicted to taking at least one camera and some snacks to the parks.

From my personal, unscientific observations, it seems people are bringing more and more stuff with them to the parks. I am also seeing more families bringing picnic lunches with them. Also, can't undestand why people take their refillable mugs to the parks.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It seems to me that with each trip we take less and less stuff. For starters we always stay on property, and always go during the off season, which for one makes it cooler and unnecessary to carry water bottles. The camera has stayed in the room more times than I can say for subsequent trips compared to the first trip my husband made when the video camera was glued to his face for the duration. He filled 11 tapes that trip. He had to come home and watch the video to see if he had a good time or not. Our last trip, on a night we left the camera in the room, myself and both of my sons were selected as "extras" in Indiana Jones. We have no proof because we had no camera. Just the word of my husband and daughter (the shy ones of the bunch), who sat in the audience and watched.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    we have no camera days - days with just the wallet , room key and tickets
    if we really need one its a disposable tucked into a pocket.

This year its really light - I got us a new camcorder that is about the size of a wallet and the same for our digital camera- they all fit nicely into a fanny pack. We are onsite and we have the silver plan - so meals are included. It works out great and I wont have to be the packmule (my usual job!)

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Crashbunny, let me know how the silver plan works for you. I have always been afraid to try it thinking I will spend more money (and eat more trying to get my money's worth!). My husband and I will share meals occasionally because the portions at some of the restaurants are so huge that we end up making ourselves sick trying to eat it all. I would be very interested in hearing your take on it when you get back! Thanks, TNina

what we're planning is to share meals and use the extra wishes for tours and boats and other things that we couldnt really afford before. And this time we're going for meals at all the places that the kids never wanted to go. HDDR and the luau are covered on the silver plan for one wish- and the cost of one ticket to each is about $50 - so that looks like a great deal. Same with the tours - they are about 50 apiece- one that we're going on has lunch included. i'll let you know how it all works out. If it works out well we'll use it for our 19 year old when he goes with us next year. He can eat WDW out of food- so that might work out in our favor using the plan. We usually have to go to Publix or Winn-dixie to get a regular load of groceries to supplement his appetite - and he of course is as thin as a rail

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well between the two of us we usually carry:
    Medicine
    Money
    mini tripod
    camera
    water bottle
    hand sanitizer
    photo ID
    credit card
    tickets
    scrunchie

We split this between my fanny pack and his pockets.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Well between the two of us we usually carry:
    Medicine
    Money
    mini tripod
    camera
    water bottle
    hand sanitizer
    photo ID
    credit card
    tickets
    scrunchie

We split this between my fanny pack and his pockets.
    how does he look in the scrunchie?

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    when we were at the "World" in March, we did the silver plan. there were my twin granddaughters, age 7, my daughter, age 29 and my "little princess" age 11and me age, old as dirt!. we used the plan everyday for at least two meals every day the 6 days we were "home". the plan was great!! we got to go to alot of resturants that we normally would not have because of the prices. we were pleasantly surprised to see the little ones try Moraccan, German, Rain Forest, etc food and they ate very well!! the best part of the whole silver plan was that we got to have all the character meals that the girls wanted!! the Princess Breakfast at Norway, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and best of all, we didn't have to use the credit card for these!!! when we go again, we have every intention of using the plan again!!!
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Admission Media/ID; cash, credit card. Sometimes a small bottle of water I'll refill throughout the day.

On occasion, a camera, cap, and/or sunglasses.

That's it.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Ahhh the good old days... when we could go to the parks "Commando-Style" at sunup with nothing but our tickets and camera that fits into front pocket (Casio Exilim. It rocks!)

Now, I have:

Diaper bag
    Stroller
    Food
    Bottle
    Ponchos
    Wipes
    Diapers
    Snacks
    Water
    Juide
    Bibs
    Extra clothes
    Video camera (gotta get the kid at WDW)
    Trivia Book (of course)

Oh, yeah... and the kid
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I also believe in traveling light, but I never leave my camera at home. It's small enough to fit in my pocket, and I always try to have an empty, large capacity media card on hand...you never know when you'll come across that "perfect" picture op.
    George

crow11ad is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are only taking our cameras (1 is digital and 1 is regular) and video camera. No back backs. Just the shoulder side bags. We learned from the last time.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    In a messenger style bag (bought at the park because my backpack strap broke the 1st day):

Passport (This got left at the hotel after the 1st day)
    Trivia Book
    Camera (Bought a digital so I wouldn't have to carry film)
    Extra camera battery and memory cards
    Wallet
    Pal Mickey
    Autograph Book with 4 markers
    tissues
    Clip on stitch stufftie
    Hidden Mickey Book (Also got left after the 1st day...wrote everything down in the notebook)
    Notebook and pen
    Cell Phone
    Sunglasses
    Chapstick
    Mirror

Um...I think that's it..I like to pack heavy

crow11ad is offline A-Ticket holder
    None forget their park passes and do not for whatever reason put them in a locker. As you may need them for fast passes. We made the mistake of putting them in the locker and was getting in line for Splash and wanted to ride BTMRR and the line was getting full and realized we could get fast passes for them but remembered they were in the locker. I ran with my Mickey groom hat on from Splash to the lockers and back through a parade and a high school marching band and when I got to splash, everyone said let the groom up, his bride is up her. The CM let me go right through the fast pass line and to this day we still talk about that. Now if we leave our MMVMCP tickets at WL and we are at MK..that means I gotta run from wherever we are to the front and wait for the boat to go back to WL and if it takes to long, I am either going to have do the Michael Phelps speed swiming or ask God to give me the power to run on water. LOl.

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    on our trip at Christmas 2002, I read all the books and filled a backpack with all the things on the list. after 3 days of carrying the foolish thing and getting backaches,DH suggested just taking the nessities. stuff for blisters, as we had a couple kids with us, asprin for DH cameras,video and regular. also long pants and sweatshirts for the evenings. what a difference!!! when we got back to our room we discovered that the back didn't hurt and we were not as grumpy tired as before. they have first aid stations at all the parks so why carry all that stuff!!
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast