Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Indiana Jones Show or Ride in the Vacation Planning forums; Thinks they should take out the show and put the ride in from Disney Land...
    rvjr is offline A-Ticket holder

Indiana Jones Show or Ride

Thinks they should take out the show and put the ride in from Disney Land

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I've never experienced the ride, but I really like the show. However, after you've seen it a few dozen times it could stand a revamp. If they took it out I'm not sure how I would react. A part of me would long for the well known and familiar "classic" show, and the other part would be thrilled by something new. That's what happens when you have a split personality.

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The ride is absolutely awesome! It's sorta like Dinosaur because the cars are pretty much the same and the jerky movements etc. It would be great if they put it into WDW!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I love the show but have never been on the ride, i want to so bad
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Both.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I say both too. I have been to the show so many times that i memorized everything. But the ride seems fun too!
    Gotta go with Conceited Ape on that one..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

In a depressing number of posts that I've read dealing with opinions on the Indy stunt show, seems a lot of people complain about seeing the same old/same old. Once again, I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one (although I'd like to think I'm not the only one who feels this way), I've never really seen the same show twice.

It feels kinda groovy, in a spontaneous ad-lib way, to watch the drama unfolding, and being able to pick up when things don't necessarily go according to the script. This is the sort of appreciation for the show that you can only get after repeated viewings. To be able to mutter to yourself; oops, the bad guy was off his mark--I guess he's not gonna be plummeting into the carpet vendor's stall today. Let's see how Marion decks him now!

Seems the final scene (the battle royale at the flying wing) always has something going wrong, and I love watching how the players cope with it when Mr. Murphy comes a'knocking. Once or twice, the hulking "iron-fisted" mechanic wasn't anywhere near his designated prop-chop spot, and Marion wound up having to machine gun him from the c-ockpit (we can only wonder why she didn't think of that one sooner, then.........). On one particularly bad afternoon, the gasoline spill didn't catch fire, and as Indy and his leading lady ran for cover from the.......the.........(we had to guess something not cool was about to go down), one of the bad guy troopers we thought was down for the count suddenly spasmed and raised his gun just in time to send a volley toward the plane, and BOOM!!! The kid had a flair for timing, and enough situational awareness to make it look like it was all part of the show.

Whether it gets it's love on these pages or not, I sure hope the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! (tm) is around for a loooooooooong time to come.

I have to agree..however..they can only mess up so many times..or can they? I've seen a script go wrong and they just added in non-scripted sentences..it was funny

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Now you got me thinking about my '95 trip, I think I have most of the show on tape...I'll have to pop that in and see but I'm pretty sure Marion machine gunned the mechanic that time. Come to think of it, I've only seen that show once!

AHHH only once! Wow..i've seen it..ugh i lost count already..lol
    I know Conceited Ape is gonna reply to your post..

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Come to think of it, I've only seen that show once!
    Well, then........that's something we shall have to remedy then, innit?

HAHA..i'm good! Yeah should see it again!

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I think the ride is one of the best things out at Disneyland, so definitely another vote for the ride.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I say both. The show is classic, but the rade is awesome. Maybe put the ride somewhere in MK or DAK, since there's little to no room in the Studios.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

petermeansrock is offline A-Ticket holder
    It seems like the ride has a pretty long list of reported injuries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast