Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Timekeeper? in the Vacation Planning forums; I need to ask, what is the Timekeeper? I know that it is in the Magic Kingdom but when I was there in July 2003 with my family, I don't ...
    zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!

Timekeeper?

I need to ask, what is the Timekeeper? I know that it is in the Magic Kingdom but when I was there in July 2003 with my family, I don't recall seeing anything having to do with the "Timekeeper". Maybe I was delerious from the heat. Can someone tell me about it? Is this something that I need to make sure that we see the next time we go down there? When did it open?

Thanks

Laura

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The Timekeeper is an attraction that replaced the Circle-Vision 360 theater in Tomorrowland, across from Stitch's Great Escape (which used to be Alien Encounter). It is a combination animatronic/circlevision show with a robotic inventor Timekeeper - voiced by comedian Robin Williams - and a camera-droid named 9-Eye - voiced by Rhea Perlman. It was based on Disneyland Paris's attraction Le Visionarium. It opened as part of the redesigned Tomorrowland in 1995.

It is a cute show involving time travel, with 9-Eyes providing the 'view' of various times in history, presented as 360 movies. As you could guess from the casting, it's not a smooth trip.

Unfortunately, The Timekeeper has been open "seasonally" - closer to not at all - for the last couple of years. It isn't even listed in the 2004 edition of Birbaum's. If it is open when you go, by all means stop in and see it, because it probably won't be around much longer.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I was just there and it wasn't open. They had the queue area open for the halloween party and they had Goofy and Donald from Kingdom Hearts doing greetings.

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Every time we go, it's closed, which is quite a disappointment. Is there any way to find out in advance if it will be open? Do they have a schedule for it or is it just luck?

crow11ad is offline A-Ticket holder
    We were fortiuante (sorry can't spell tonight) to be able to ride this attraction this past April. It really is a good attraction and if nothing else, you gotta love Robin Williams.

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Anyone have a video of this ride? I dont rememebr ever seeing it (or seeing it open maybe)

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    It was one of those 360 movie presentations, which included a robotic Timekeeper, voiced by Robin Williams, along with a flying robot, Nine Eye, voiced by Rhea Perlman. This attraction required the audience to stand up, and use the lean rails. As Timekeeper would say, "Don't sit on the lean rails, they're for leaning, that's why they're called lean rails!" Another classic line we always got a kick out of was during a tense portion of the show he would say, "The pants are full!"
    Sadly, I don't believe they are reopening Timekeeper. It sure didn't look like it was going to be open during the Halloween or Christmas parties!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Why is this attraction only open seasonally?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We were there the week before Thanksgiving and it was open! It was a great surprise. Timekeeper is one of my favorites at the Magic Kingdom, especially during busier times when you can walk right in!
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wonder if it will be open January when I'm there the 8th-12th??????? I am also wondering that about the Carousel of Progress too.