Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Little Mermaid Ride in the Vacation Planning forums; Where is the ariel look-a-like in the Peter Pan ride? I've never seen it. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to go to WDW again, what a shame!!!!...
    disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Where is the ariel look-a-like in the Peter Pan ride? I've never seen it. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to go to WDW again, what a shame!!!!
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylover87 View Post
    Where is the ariel look-a-like in the Peter Pan ride? I've never seen it. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to go to WDW again, what a shame!!!!

I think it is just as you fly into Neverland. You go over some mermaids sitting by some rocks. One has red hair and a purple top like Ariel!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hakuna Matata~ View Post
    haha, i love that mermaid in the peter pan ride, but i dont know if thats why they put her in there

LOL...I have always told my friends it was Ariel. I have no idea if it is but it looks too much like her for it not to be.

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    The Little Mermaid dark ride was announced as part of the "Disney Decade" company initiative back in 1990. It was projected for Disneyland in 1993 and Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 1994. Various reports for WDW had it located in either Fantasyland or Mickey's Starland (Toontown Fair).

The Disney Decade ultimately and sadly became a veritable graveyard of abandoned Imagineering projects. I believe one of the reasons Disney has become so conservative when revealing upcoming projects, is the embarrassment they suffered due to the implosion of the Disney Decade and the cancellation of Disney's America.
    Ok, who can tell me more about this 'Disney Decade' and 'Disney's America'? I'm curious! Is there more information on this site about this two abandoned projects?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcot View Post
    The Little Mermaid dark ride was announced as part of the "Disney Decade" company initiative back in 1990. It was projected for Disneyland in 1993 and Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 1994. Various reports for WDW had it located in either Fantasyland or Mickey's Starland (Toontown Fair).

The Disney Decade ultimately and sadly became a veritable graveyard of abandoned Imagineering projects. I believe one of the reasons Disney has become so conservative when revealing upcoming projects, is the embarrassment they suffered due to the implosion of the Disney Decade and the cancellation of Disney's America.

Ok, who can tell me more about this "Disney Decade" and 'Disney's America"? I'm curious. Is there more information on this site about these projects?

Sorry about the double post! Computer trouble!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12