Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Good Rides for 2 Year olds? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Im taking my 2 year old son to WDW what rides or parks of WDW would be the best for Children 2 years of age?...
    mrosa008 is offline A-Ticket holder

Good Rides for 2 Year olds?

Hi Im taking my 2 year old son to WDW what rides or parks of WDW would be the best for Children 2 years of age?
    Last edited by mrosa008; 11-15-2006 at 03:03 PM.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    alot of things in fantasyland obviously (lots of colors and things to stimulate)

also alot of shows in mgm if hes into the disney chanel characers, and if he likes animals then things like kilimanjaro safaris in DAK and the forest walkthrough exhibits in DAK
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I was at Disney World yesterday with a 6 month old. The rides that are kid-friendly at Epcot are... The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Figment, Universe of Energy (if they dont like the dark or loud noises, this is a no!), Spaceship Earth, and Mexico.

Definitely Fantasyland though, and toontown! :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to the boards, mrosa008!

Ah, the fun of taking a 2 year old.... been there, lived to tell.
    A lot of it depends on your 2 year old. Mine was very resistant to new things and anything he couldn't control. We spent a lot of time walking around enjoying the atmosphere.

Things he did like: It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
    At Epcot, walking around the exhibits at the Seas, the playground at the exit of Mission: Space (go in through the gift shop), watching the cars zip by on Test Track (but not riding it). We had a nice snack at The Land while waiting for daddy to ride Soarin' - not much in there for little kids. Imagination has dark, loud, and scary parts now. World Showcase, the model trains near Germany kept him fascinated for a long time, and some of the performers interested him, but nothing really in the countries themselves.
    At MGM, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, those were good, and he did okay on the Backlot Tour. Lights, Motors, Action is pretty loud at times, but he made it through it. Other than that, most of the shows were too long.
    Animal Kingdom - Festival of the Lion King, all the animal trails, the safari (bouncy - hang on tight to them!), Triceratops Spin (much shorter wait than Dumbo), the Boneyard.

Hope that helps a bit!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I second all of those DisneyDame! My son loved IaSW. Fantasyland is pretty much a safe bet, although mine was 1 1/2 last year when we went and I took him on HM. Not something I would recommend for the average 2 year old. Mine is pretty mellow about stuff like that as long as he has Mom and "the blanket".

If he isn't easily intimidated, do as many character greets as you can. Mine loved the costumed characters but not the live ones. Go figure!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Thanks Guys,
    I was thinking of either Epcot or Magic K. Dont know which one to go with?
    Past Trips

August 1990 WDW-Epcot, Magic Kingdom, MGM

December 2006-WDW & Universal Studies

Hes a very Smart active little boy, smarter than his age so i think he wouldnt get scared in certain rides, but mostly? do all rides have restrictions? obviously i know the major ones like rollercoasters but for example i have never been on soar? but is that something tuff for a child or is that a visual ride?
    Past Trips

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you are taking your child for your child's enjoyment of the park, go to Magic Kingdom. You don't make it clear if you are only going for one day/one park.

Soarin' has a height requirement, so your 2 yr old will not be able to ride it.

A list of all attractions with height restrictions can be found here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=9287
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks To Disney i am only going to one day one park , i have tickets to the other universal parks.
    Past Trips