Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss *Mope* in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, after 2 1/2 months, I finally got my pictures developed, and all was right with the world. Except that my Haunted Mansion pictures must not have turned out, as ...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior

*Mope*

Well, after 2 1/2 months, I finally got my pictures developed, and all was right with the world.

Except that my Haunted Mansion pictures must not have turned out, as they are not in my photos. And I'm sure if they didn't turn out, it's because there were to be "No flash pictures, please"

So I have a query for you.

How can you take pictures in the rides like that (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc) without a flash and still have your picture turn out?
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You could try a very high speed (800) film (for those of us who still use film ). Or one made for low light. There are some tips on Kodak's website:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...US&pq-path=183
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Do they sell anything like that at the parks??

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    They might at the camera centers or Imagination, where Kodak has stores. I always brought my own - cheaper to buy at home.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat
    Well, after 2 1/2 months, I finally got my pictures developed, and all was right with the world.

Except that my Haunted Mansion pictures must not have turned out, as they are not in my photos. And I'm sure if they didn't turn out, it's because there were to be "No flash pictures, please"

So I have a query for you.

How can you take pictures in the rides like that (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc) without a flash and still have your picture turn out?
    You might want to try taking your negatives to a photo store and they might be able to retrieve whatever image is on them.

Almost all film is now processed by computer and they only print what would be "satisfactory" images. If you film was too slow then the images will be very blurry.

Try the faster speed films (800 and 1000) if you can find them. I think Kodak's fastest film is only 400 now. You can always have the photofinisher "push" the exposure and you might get OK pics in low light.

P.S. Your best bet would be to get a digital camera. I too held on to my 35mm and APS cameras until 2 years ago. Now I am sorry I didn't go digital years ago.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I went digital for the first time this trip and I'm sorry it didn't do it sooner...it was so much cheaper and I was able to take more chances. So now with photoshop I got to edit some of my pictures from the rides with no flash allowed and they turned out good.

I don't even have the negatives from the Haunted Mansion, but I know I took them....