Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Any Daytrippers? in the Vacation Planning forums; I live exactly 100 miles from Cinderella castle (yep I've clocked it) and am going to be investing in an annual pass. I was wondering how many of ya'll live ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Any Daytrippers?

I live exactly 100 miles from Cinderella castle (yep I've clocked it) and am going to be investing in an annual pass. I was wondering how many of ya'll live within spitting distance of WDW and how often you make the trip? What kind of magic have you experienced on these short trips? Ever played hooky for a day alone at WDW? Do you find that going frequently diminished the experience or enhances it?

On a related note.. it might be fun to organize a club for central floridians/ disney nuts and try and meet up occasionally at the park for a little fun. Thunder mountain anyone??
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I live down in palm beach island and that's about 350 miles away, alittle more, and I think going too fequently kills the magic. I think going once a season is perfect. My mom and dad use to go once a month when they first got married though, they seemed to enjoy it, but now my mom agrees with the idea of going once a season.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I live within 20-ish miles (depending on traffic...length is about 30 mins away). I go usually once a week, and length doesn't go longer than once every 2-3 weeks. Some weeks I go twice. I'm getting my money's worth, and theres magic every time I go. It's up to you...especially with gas prices. When I lived about 50 miles away I only went like once a month because of gas.

PS- It's a GREAT investment if you're willing to use it at least 5 times!

OH! and let me add on. I love short trips because it's just like a nice little break and treat for myself if I'm having a busy or a stressful week. Most of the time if I'm by myself on a daytrip I just go to MK and walk around and just relax. Sometimes I go on like a scavenger hunt for the "secrets" you can find on this website. And yes I have played hooky just to daytrip. If I'm by myself, I'll usually only go for a few hours because then I start getting a bit lonely. And I find that everytime I go I learn something new about WDW, and it only enhances my love of it!
    Last edited by aeronautxearth; 11-24-2006 at 06:32 AM. Reason: additional info
    Tina

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    she was a daaayyyyy-ay-ay-ay tripper! One way ticket, ya! It took me Soooooooooooooo-oo-oo-oo long! to find out....I found out!

sorry i had to. unfortunately i live in Ohio and cant learn to drive for 2 years. i just saw the name and the song popped into my head
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We too are day trippers. We have APs and go at least once a month (have missed a month since DW broke her hurmoursin four places). I do not believe in anyway that the magic has been dissminished but just the oppiste. We now take time to enjoy the smallest of details knowing we dont have to try and get everything in ecuase we wont be coming back for a while.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I only get to go once a year. As much as I say I'd love to go once a month or more, not sure if it would diminish the "magic" after a while. I satisfy (kind of) the crave by coming to this and other web sites and watching the planning video.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57 View Post
    We now take time to enjoy the smallest of details knowing we dont have to try and get everything in ecuase we wont be coming back for a while.
    That's exactly how I feel. I don't have to worry about rushing and doing everything, I can just go over at about 4 pm, eat dinner, enjoy a show or too, and go back home. I like it better because now I have time to take in all Disney has to offer.

Plus, daytripping for me is cheaper than say... a night at the movies or something, and is WAY more fun!
    Tina

Aiyanasgrandma is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool I am 1 hour by plane

4hours by train/5 hours by bus/and 3 hours by car, wish I was closer, but I visit a LOT!

Where do you live?
    Tina

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I'm in Gainesville ...Go Gators!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

3 hours definitely! (I can't really say, "Go Knights!" on the premise of a football team, so you know )
    Tina

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'LL SAY GOOOOOOOOO KNIGHTS!!! I go to UCF and I go to Disney 2-3 times a month with my annual pass. Totally worth it. BTW Aero, we ended up not doing SO bad this year. It's hard for O'Leary, those players aren't HIS he inherited them. : D

Black and Gold runs through my viens... and little Mickeys do too!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    I live over in the Tampa area. I visit a ton and have never felt the magic dwindle. I am actually going to make my MouseFest trip this Saturday my 3rd trip to WDW in 4 weeks. Just day trips, but its so much fun. Plus I love to go on rides in parks, and end the day with a great meal in one of my faves and watching the fireworks. Always fun, parkhopping is a must if your a nearby daytripper. lol.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofysMommy View Post
    I'LL SAY GOOOOOOOOO KNIGHTS!!! I go to UCF and I go to Disney 2-3 times a month with my annual pass. Totally worth it. BTW Aero, we ended up not doing SO bad this year. It's hard for O'Leary, those players aren't HIS he inherited them. : D

Black and Gold runs through my viens... and little Mickeys do too!
    OK, I KNOW IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WDW...BUT...HOW HARD IS IT TO GET INTO UCF?! It is THE school that I want to go to after High School!

Hurrah! Go Knights! I'm not so sure how difficult it is NOW, but I know that people are coming by the thousands to UCF--so it's darm crowded and growing....so if you want to go here, make sure you start applying way early!
    Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast