Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
WDW Trivia and Games Discuss The Ongoing Questionnaire Extrodinaire in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Tinker Bell Dood, I have a perma-smile after reading your post. heh. thanks. after much editing, I think I have the answers where I want them now....
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Dood, I have a perma-smile after reading your post.
    heh. thanks. after much editing, I think I have the answers where I want them now.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Too much good stuff to highlight in a quote. Still scheming...might crash your trip....

oh, something I almost forgot:

another reason to pick MK is the utilidor tunnels. that would definitely be a good way to escape, or even just to keep changing positions to confuse said zumbies. unfortunately, I don't think the utilidors would be a good place to barricade yourself into. there are too many entrances, and it's too big. eventually they would get in somehow, either through an entrance you didn't know about, or just through a manhole cover you happened to not be watching. because even though zumbies can't use contraptions like elevators, their physical prowess at removing barricades has been proven over and over again in modern cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Too much good stuff to highlight in a quote. Still scheming...might crash your trip....
    haha! I hope you like the Haunted Mansion!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    haha! I hope you like the Haunted Mansion!
    I don't like it, I LOVE it...

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    1. Which ride would you not mind being stuck riding on all day (12+ hrs)? If it's really hot out I guess the Kali Rapids
    2. Which show would you like to star in? Muppets 3D

3. Which character would you play (see question 2)? Miss Piggy
    4. Would you rather have one night on the Grand I or a week on the Disney Wonder? Disney Wonder
    5. What extinct attraction would you most like to revive? Alien Encounters
    6. If you could get married or host a grand soiree in a disney ride or attraction which attraction would you choose? I would get married on Tower of Terror
    7. You are mayor of Main Street for the day....what new rule or law would you instate? Please do not stand in front of small childern during any of the parades, let them get in front of you. You big dopes
    8. Would you take your pets with you to visit the parks if you could? No!
    9. If Florida were invaded by crazed zombies...which park would you choose to baracade yourself in? Epcot, alot of places to hide
    10. If you could build a new WDW where in the world would you put it? Hawii
    11. Which Disney park, other than WDW, do you most want to visit? Universal Studios
    12. Caseys hotdogs or Turkey legs? Turkey Legs
    13. What Classic ride/attraction would you demolish (if you had to)? COP
    14. Which resort would you like to take over as your own private residence? Boardwalk
    15. Which ride/attraction makes you laugh till it hurts? Bugs Life
    16. Which ride/attraction kinda creeps you out?
    17. Have you ever been in love at WDW? Yeah go with husband all the time
    18. What year did you first visit WDW? 1975
    19. What year did you last visit WDW?2006
    20. Would you rather be a keeper for a day at AK or a marine biologist for a day at Living Seas (with Nemo..... or whatever)? AK Keeper!
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    oh, something I almost forgot:

another reason to pick MK is the utilidor tunnels. that would definitely be a good way to escape, or even just to keep changing positions to confuse said zumbies. unfortunately, I don't think the utilidors would be a good place to barricade yourself into. there are too many entrances, and it's too big. eventually they would get in somehow, either through an entrance you didn't know about, or just through a manhole cover you happened to not be watching. because even though zumbies can't use contraptions like elevators, their physical prowess at removing barricades has been proven over and over again in modern cinema.
    Love it - we can always count on you for something clever! Perhaps you should look into writing a screenplay "It's a Zombie World, afterall"...I volunteer to play the careless woman who unintentionally lets the living dead into your fortress.

Not to turn this into a zombie forum (although I am rather obsessed with Zombie movies) but I wonder why you didn't consider Epcot? If there were a way to secure the perimeter - you would have virtually everything you would need to set up a small society (at least until the Zombies starved to death)...plus you could always just lure them into SSE and lull them all to sleep. (nothing against SSE..i just find it very very soothing)
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

oops..double post
    Last edited by disneydarling; 06-21-2007 at 10:19 PM.

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

baylordad is offline D-Ticket Holder

Wow This is Cool

1. Which ride would you not mind being stuck riding on all day (12+ hrs)?
    SOARIN OF COURSE
    2. Which show would you like to star in?
    LIGHTS, MOTORS, ACTION!
    3. Which character would you play (see question 2)?
    STUNT DRIVER
    4. Would you rather have one night on the Grand I or a week on the Disney Wonder?
    DISNEY WONDER
    5. What extinct attraction would you most like to revive?
    THE SKYWAY RIDE FROM TOMORROW LAND TO FANTASY LAND
    6. If you could get married or host a grand soiree in a disney ride or attraction which attraction would you choose?
    LUAU AT THE POLYNESIAN
    7. You are mayor of Main Street for the day....what new rule or law would you instate?
    OPEN 24 HOURS
    8. Would you take your pets with you to visit the parks if you could?
    NO
    9. If Florida were invaded by crazed zombies...which park would you choose to baracade yourself in?
    IN THE LAND
    10. If you could build a new WDW where in the world would you put it?
    TEXAS
    11. Which Disney park, other than WDW, do you most want to visit?
    DISNEY PARIS
    12. Caseys hotdogs or Turkey legs?
    HOT DOGS
    13. What Classic ride/attraction would you demolish (if you had to)?
    TIKI BIRDS
    14. Which resort would you like to take over as your own private residence?
    POLY
    15. Which ride/attraction makes you laugh till it hurts?
    SPLASH MOUNTAIN
    16. Which ride/attraction kinda creeps you out?
    TOWER OF TERROR
    17. Have you ever been in love at WDW?
    WITH MY FAMILY
    18. What year did you first visit WDW?
    19. What year did you last visit WDW?
    MARCH 2007
    20. Would you rather be a keeper for a day at AK or a marine biologist for a day at Living Seas (with Nemo..... or whatever)?
    AK
    Last edited by baylordad; 06-21-2007 at 06:55 PM.
    "Don't Drink The Beverly!"
    1973 - Holiday Inn
    1977 & 79 - Dutch Inn
    1982 - Royal Plaza
    1984 - Poly
    1986 - Treehouse Villas
    1988 - Hilton (downtown Disney)
    1990 - Offsite
    1991 - Dolphin
    1992 - Wyndham LBV
    1996 - Dolphin
    1997 - Yacht Club Resort (2 Visits)
    1998 - Villas @ Disney Institute
    1999 - Yacht Club Resort (2 Visits)
    2000 & 2001 - Offsite
    2001 - Hilton (downtown Disney)
    2002 - Grosvenor
    2003 - Old Key West (2 Visits)
    2004 - Old Key West
    2004 - All Star Music
    2005 - Beach Club Villas
    2006 - Old Key West & Coronado Springs
    2006 - Old Key West (2nd trip)
    2007 - Saratoga Springs and Coronado Springs
    2008 - Old Key West
    2008 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2009 - Bay Lake Towers and All Star Movies
    2010 - POP and OKW
    2011 - OKW and POP

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    1. Which ride would you not mind being stuck riding on all day (12+ hrs)? The Railroad.
    2. Which show would you like to star in? Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
    3. Which character would you play (see question 2)? One of the dancers. (not a main character)
    4. Would you rather have one night on the Grand I or a week on the Disney Wonder? I don't know what this question is talking about.
    5. What extinct attraction would you most like to revive? Mr. Toads's Wild Ride.
    6. If you could get married or host a grand soiree in a disney ride or attraction which attraction would you choose? The Wedding Pavilion..duh. lol
    7. You are mayor of Main Street for the day....what new rule or law would you instate? Everyone entering has to walk on the right side and everyone leaving the park has to walk on the left.
    8. Would you take your pets with you to visit the parks if you could? No. Too many people. And too much to look after.
    9. If Florida were invaded by crazed zombies...which park would you choose to baracade yourself in? Animal kindom. I could find a way to climb to the top of The Tree of Life and let the animals fight off the zombies.
    10. If you could build a new WDW where in the world would you put it? My backyard.
    11. Which Disney park, other than WDW, do you most want to visit? I would love to see Disney Land Paris. Mostly to see the dragon under Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    12. Caseys hotdogs or Turkey legs? Casey's hotdogs!
    13. What Classic ride/attraction would you demolish (if you had to)? Swiss Family Treehouse.
    14. Which resort would you like to take over as your own private residence? The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa!!!!
    15. Which ride/attraction makes you laugh till it hurts? None really. But me and my friends make jokes and laugh about everything on every ride. Especially Dinosaur.
    16. Which ride/attraction kinda creeps you out? Omgsh. All of them. I've got this really weird fear of being alone in a Disney ride and being stuck with all the animatronics and water and stuff (like Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean). I guess Peter Pan's flight creeps me out the most because everytime Iook down, it looks like it goes down forever. When I was little, I was afraid of falling out and falling down so far and being stuck with all the animatronics!
    17. Have you ever been in love at WDW? No, but I've had someone back home who was in love with ME while I was in Disney World. Bad I know, but whatever. I'm a heartbreaker. lol
    18. What year did you first visit WDW? 1990. When I was born. lol
    19. What year did you last visit WDW? 2007.
    20. Would you rather be a keeper for a day at AK or a marine biologist for a day at Living Seas (with Nemo..... or whatever)? Keeper at Animal Kingdom.
    Last edited by SuperStarKerri; 06-22-2007 at 01:32 AM.
    Love, Kerri

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Not to turn this into a zombie forum (although I am rather obsessed with Zombie movies) but I wonder why you didn't consider Epcot? If there were a way to secure the perimeter - you would have virtually everything you would need to set up a small society (at least until the Zombies starved to death)...plus you could always just lure them into SSE and lull them all to sleep. (nothing against SSE..i just find it very very soothing)
    Epcot is just too darn big. These questions were meant for me, the individual. There is just no practical way to effectively barricade oneself into Epcot. that is, before the zumbies got to you. even if you thought you had succeeded, there are just too many ways into Epcot for you to be able to keep an eye on all of them at once. the good things about the castle are mainly, once again, that it is easily barricaded and also provides a good vantage point for monitoring the zumbies and their schemes.

Epcot may have a lot of food, but CRT's kitchen would have more than enough to sustain one person (sorry, wife). Considering that the zumbies must eat flesh and/or brains, it can safely be assumed that they need food/fuel to survive. Thus, you don't need to last years, only long enough until all the zumbies eat everyone else and run out of food and die which, if the human condition is any example, would only take maybe a couple months at the most. If it goes more than a few months and they don't die, then a big suicide leap from Cinderella's Castle is probably your best bet because no one wants to get eaten alive (except for that girl in "Return of the Living Dead" but that's another story). A grim prospect, to be sure, but a practical one...

Again, if horror cinema has taught me anything, the zumbies will probably outlast you. Eventually, they will find a way in, or you will mess up somehow, and they will get you. Fortunately, a full-on zumbie invasion is highly unlikely...

...but when it happens, I'm headed to Orlando.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 06-22-2007 at 01:47 AM.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I just have to say, wow i love the zombie talk. I can totally get into the analysis of it all, and it is quite good.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Megs, please--they prefer to be called "the living impaired."

Hmm.......it wasn't exactly specified, but the particular variety of the shambling undead we're dealing with here (Romero style? Fulci? Dawn remake? It does make a difference) would weigh heavily on whatever course of action I'd be considering. Bottom line up front, WDW is far from my first choice of places to be if anything like this should ever go down.

From what I've seen on Google Earth many moons ago, there really isn't any kind of perimeter around the Disney acres that I'd trust my life to in this case. If I had to choose a park to be inside, I'd go with the Magic Kingdom. It's the closest to the Contemporary, which would be the castle I'd call home until the situation cleared up, or I was able to think of some other course of action. From what I've seen of the place, it wouldn't take much for a small crew of survivors to turn that resort into a fortress--solid doors, minimal ground floor windows, roof access, a monorail line in two directions from the building in the event we'd have to make a run for it, and even if the security measures were to be breached, getting behind a good locking door couldn't be any easier. The escalators and strategic choke points in the stairwells can be blocked, which could also be a lifesaver if something goes very wrong and the ground floor gets overrun.

Just in the off-chance these things are smarter than your average reanimated corpses and opt to try sneaking along the monorail tracks, this should hopefully be no more of a chore to handle than posting a couple pairs of watchstanders to keep an eye out, and relieving them with fresh guys regularly, and at unpredictable intervals (just in case these things are watching us and are bright enough to establish patterns on us). Sending a train along the track at a good clip should keep them discouraged, as long as we still had the generators to power them.

I'm not going to be too optimistic when it comes to personal defense weaponry out there. As my favorite philosopher Hank Hill once said, "It seems the only place you can find a 'Main Street USA' anymore is Disney World, and good luck trying to purchase a firearm there." Time permitting though, a search through the guest rooms might just turn up some useful items (I know plenty of off-duty police officers and professional soldiers who wouldn't be caught without their sidearms, even on vacation). Failing that, the chairs from Chef Mickey's could be broken up into pretty decent bludgeons, if I remember right.

(Great question. Meg, if we ever cross paths, we'll be sure to have a lengthy discussion on strategies over a pint at The Winchester.)

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Jake, you have way too much time on your hands (but i'm glad, you're funny)
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

This is great stuff, really great stuff

Is it wrong that I kinda a little bit half wish zombies attack during my next visit to WDW?

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast